Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Thomas Lemar (Monaco)

Read 99065 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Thomas Lemar (Monaco)
      Reply #897: May 20, 2018 05:58:57 pm
      lets win next week and see the Agents arriving at John Lennon airport hoping for an audience with JĆ¼rgen.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #898: May 20, 2018 06:00:40 pm
      All fine.

What happens if JĆ¼rgen says it is Lemar I need. Heā€™s my Phil replacement........
      It won't happen at 90m. We could get Lanzini for 50m. He has consistently done better than Lemar and in the premier league too.
      I've done some digging around Google just now. It seems Klopp already said he won't be interested in Lemar unless Monaco lower their price and also it is reported that Klopp is looking to get Lanzini.
      It is Birmingham Mail who quotes Liverpool Echo saying Klopp finds 90m excessive.
      The Mirror said the same thing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-stall-thomas-lemar-move-11911300
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-still-keen-west-hams-12536346

Looking like Lanzini is way more likely.
      Mirror seem to be quite accurate the last year and it does seem logical.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2018 06:13:40 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #899: May 20, 2018 06:26:24 pm
      Monaco set the 90m price for Lemar are tried to push for a sale when we weren't really interested.

You absolutely do not know any of those things

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #900: May 20, 2018 06:40:06 pm
      You absolutely do not know any of those things
      Monaco came out and said they would rather sell to Liverpool than Arsenal without us even saying anything. If that is not baiting a sale, I don't know what is. It was discussed with Monaco president to the French Press Telefoot. I am not French, but from checking it seems Telefoot are the French equivalent of Sky Sports.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2018 06:46:43 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #901: May 20, 2018 06:45:06 pm
      It won't happen at 90m. We could get Lanzini for 50m. He has consistently done better than Lemar and in the premier league too.
      I've done some digging around Google just now. It seems Klopp already said he won't be interested in Lemar unless Monaco lower their price and also it is reported that Klopp is looking to get Lanzini.
      It is Birmingham Mail who quotes Liverpool Echo saying Klopp finds 90m excessive.
      The Mirror said the same thing.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-stall-thomas-lemar-move-11911300
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-still-keen-west-hams-12536346

Looking like Lanzini is way more likely.
      Mirror seem to be quite accurate the last year and it does seem logical.

Youā€™re mixing your interpretation and what are known facts Ribs and presenting as the ā€œgospelā€.

My point re Lemar - aside from the fact I do like him - was what would you say about the valuation IF Klopp said ā€œthatā€™s my guyā€ like Van Dijk.......?

Is it still too much and would you think the ā€œclubā€ should say ā€œNo JĆ¼rgen, not this time. You can have Lanziniā€
      Kopite78
      Reply #902: May 20, 2018 06:54:27 pm
      Monaco came out and said they would rather sell to Liverpool than Arsenal without us even saying anything. If that is not baiting a sale, I don't know what is. It was discussed with Monaco president to the French Press Telefoot. I am not French, but from checking it seems Telefoot are the French equivalent of Sky Sports.

Ironically though the things I quoted that you completely completely guessed at you ignored

🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Again.. you don't help yourself
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #903: May 20, 2018 06:54:51 pm
      Youā€™re mixing your interpretation and what are known facts Ribs and presenting as the ā€œgospelā€.

My point re Lemar - aside from the fact I do like him - was what would you say about the valuation IF Klopp said ā€œthatā€™s my guyā€ like Van Dijk.......?

Is it still too much and would you think the ā€œclubā€ should say ā€œNo JĆ¼rgen, not this time. You can have Lanziniā€
      I think Klopp is much more clever than this. He is an experienced manager.
      Sometimes being patient in these situations is important. There are what the media reports and then there are facts.
      Here are facts;

Lemar is a player is out of contract in 2 years. Lemar is only on 22k a week.
      If he is really that good, Monaco have the offer him a massive contract, 100k+ is a minimum.
      If they don't Lemar will just wait to be out of contract and walk for free to another club who pays more.
      It's no secret that Lemar has once again, refused to sign a contract.

This would actually make it more likely Monaco have been trying to instigate a sale more likely.
      Since Klopp has already said 90m is too much, he knows he can get it cheaper.
      If Klopp really wants Lemar, he is probably going to test the waters with a bid of 70m or less.
      If Monaco refuse it, they risk him walking out on a free.
      Lets be honest here, Monaco would need to draw interest from Real or Man City to get higher bids than this.
      Unless they become interested, which is unlikely, Klopp is not going to be losing sleep on this one.

If Lemar signs a new 5 year contract for 100k+, then the situation changes.
      Right now he is refusing contracts just like Emre Can did here for years.
      This is a part of management, being able to monitor a situation to get the players at the best price.
      Van Dijk just rewewed his contract and he had more experience at the top level, different kettle of fish.
      « Last Edit: May 20, 2018 06:59:41 pm by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #904: May 20, 2018 07:00:17 pm
      I think Klopp is much more clever than this. He is an experienced manager.
      Sometimes being patient in these situations is important. There are what the media reports and then there are facts.
      Here are facts;

Lemar is a player is out of contract in 2 years. Lemar is only on 22k a week.
      If he is really that good, Monaco have the offer him a massive contract, 100k+ is a minimum.
      If they don't Lemar will just wait to be out of contract and walk for free to another club who pays more.
      It's no secret that Lemar has once again, refused to sign a contract.

This would actually make it more likely Monaco have been trying to instigate a sale more likely.
      Since Klopp has already stayed 90m is too much, he knows he can get it cheaper.
      If Klopp really wants Lemar, he is probably going to test the waters with a bid of 70m or less.
      If Monaco refuse it, they risk him walking out on a free.
      Lets be honest here, Monaco would need to draw interest from Real or Man City to get higher bids than this.
      Unless they become interested, which is unlikely, Klopp is not going to be losing sleep on this one.

If Lemar signs a new 5 year contract for 100k+, then the situation changes.
      Right now he is refusing contracts just like Emre Can did here for years.
      This is a part of management, being able to monitor a situation to get the players at the best price.

See thatā€™s my point Rib - youā€™re transposing how youā€™d approach the situation (if you were the boss) and avoiding the question (Iā€™m not suggesting youā€™re doing it intentionally.......)

If Ā£90m is the price and Klopp wanted him - given we have plenty of money - should he get him?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #905: May 20, 2018 07:01:29 pm
      Ironically though the things I quoted that you completely completely guessed at you ignored

🤦ā€ā™‚ļø

Again.. you don't help yourself
      You said I don't know these things, nobody knows at this point. It is all speculation and we will see what happens.
      I don't think we will pay 90m for Lemar, if we get him I think it will be cheaper.
      All the news articles suggest this too.
      I could be wrong along with Mirror, Echo and other sites.
      We'll see at the end of the window.
      Kopite78
      Reply #906: May 20, 2018 07:03:49 pm
      You said I don't know these things, nobody knows at this point. It is all speculation and we will see what happens.
      I don't think we will pay 90m for Lemar, if we get him I think it will be cheaper.
      All the news articles suggest this too.
      I could be wrong along with Mirror, Echo and other sites.
      We'll see at the end of the window.

I guarantee that if we get Lemar it will be less than 90m

And I guarantee that the press like you.. know F**k all
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #907: May 20, 2018 07:05:37 pm
      If Ā£90m is the price and Klopp wanted him - given we have plenty of money - should he get him?
      No, simple answer why. If we pay 90m for Lemar, 90m will be expected for every player.
      In the long term it will make it more difficult for us to sign players.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #908: May 20, 2018 07:07:56 pm
      I guarantee that if we get Lemar it will be less than 90m
      I can agree with that, we have targets but I can't imagine us being fleeced.
      Personally I think Klopp will bid around 65-75m if he really wants him.
      It all depends on how much Lemar damaged his reputation with this season being a flopp for him.
      I think World Cup will have an effect on who we go for.
      It shouldn't, but it always does.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #909: May 20, 2018 07:13:43 pm
      No, simple answer why. If we pay 90m for Lemar, 90m will be expected for every player.

Hmmm.

See Iā€™m in the - pay what you need to to get what the man wants camp.

IF the football / scouting side identify a target I donā€™t care what they cost.

Downing at Ā£20m or Robbo at Ā£8m.......all the same to me.

Laters Ribs 😉
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #910: May 20, 2018 09:02:14 pm

We got Van Dijk for Ā£75mill and thatā€™s not expected for every player. The fact we got Robbo for 8mill just shows that when it comes to transfer fees, Klopp will only have the transfer happen if he feels it will be money well spent.

Itā€™s pointless saying that 90mill will be expected for every player, we arenā€™t like the Mancs and City who demand big money spent on every signing to try and play the big time Charlie, itā€™s quite clear Klopp does it on a deal by deal basis. Heā€™s just as likely to spend 9mill on a player as he is 90mill.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #911: May 30, 2018 06:34:39 am
      Not sure how credible this data is but I read on whoscored.com Lemar's weight is just 58 kgs, I think that can affect his game in EPL if we really sign him this summer. I know he's still young at 22 yo so can build up alot but for us he's nowhere close to Nabil Fekir.
                      Weight          Height            Age
      Lenar           58                170              22
      Fekir            72                173              24
      Naby Keita   64                172              23
      Salah           71                175              25
      Coutinho      68                172              25
      Hazard         76                173              27
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #912: May 30, 2018 06:54:12 am
      Not sure how credible this data is but I read on whoscored.com Lemar's weight is just 58 kgs, I think that can affect his game in EPL if we really sign him this summer. I know he's still young at 22 yo so can build up alot but for us he's nowhere close to Nabil Fekir.
      Do we know his shoe size?
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #913: May 30, 2018 10:40:06 am

They can't spell his name right so I doubt his weight is any more accurate there..
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #914: May 30, 2018 01:00:20 pm
      They can't spell his name right so I doubt his weight is any more accurate there..

I read a while ago that neymar weighed something ridiculous like 9 and a half stone (59kg) when he was 20/21. Didn't stop him becoming a world class player.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #915: Jun 04, 2018 07:08:32 pm
      I read a while ago that neymar weighed something ridiculous like 9 and a half stone (59kg) when he was 20/21. Didn't stop him becoming a world class player.

Degen weighed 3 stone and 2 pounds.

With his boots on   :f_tongueincheek:
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #916: Jun 05, 2018 12:17:36 pm
      Having not gone through the last few posts, are we still linked to this lad?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #917: Jun 12, 2018 09:32:15 pm
      Gone to Atletico Madrid.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #918: Jun 12, 2018 10:04:35 pm

JFC, being a Monaco fan must be one of the most depressing things in world sports. The amount of talent they auction off is crazy.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #919: Jun 12, 2018 10:56:28 pm
      JFC, being a Monaco fan must be one of the most depressing things in world sports. The amount of talent they auction off is crazy.

There aren't that many of them to be fair

Quick Reply