Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Thu 16th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 1st of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W13 D7 L10

Jordan Henderson Player Thread

Read 403502 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,181 posts | 3212 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7375: Mar 10, 2020 05:35:54 pm
      No No No, that midfield is WAY to negative, yes we'd have possession and would be doing lovely sideways passes all game but it would create very little and Atletico could just focus on marking our front three and blocking Robbo and Trent and game done, safe in the knowledge that the midfield is impotent.

We have to have at least one attacking midfielder tomorrow, be that Keita, Ox or even Lallana

I’m sure that negative midfield won us the champions league last year, lost the league by 1 point & have walked the league this year..
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,759 posts | 2254 
      Reply #7376: Mar 10, 2020 05:52:57 pm
      I’m sure that negative midfield won us the champions league last year, lost the league by 1 point & have walked the league this year..

Same midfield three all season, I don't remember that.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 825 posts | 507 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #7377: Mar 10, 2020 05:57:14 pm
      Watford is irrelevant as the whole team was sh*te, against Chelsea we made 7 changes incl 2 to the front line, despite that we created plenty of chances so Chelsea backs up my point, thanks.

Created next to nothing after for the final 75 minutes of the game after Chelsea got their first. Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is our big game midfield & it's gotten results in important PL matches & in a Champions League final
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,759 posts | 2254 
      Reply #7378: Mar 11, 2020 10:31:14 am
      Created next to nothing after for the final 75 minutes of the game after Chelsea got their first. Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is our big game midfield & it's gotten results in important PL matches & in a Champions League final

Oh wow don't use the CL final as a yard stick, that game was bloody awful, apart from the result ;-).
      I agree that Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is a very solid midfield, but against a mega defensive team like Atletico it lacks creativity, we MUST have an attack angle through the middle otherwise we'll end up crossing harmless balls into the box for 90 minutes.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 825 posts | 507 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #7379: Mar 11, 2020 10:52:04 am
      Oh wow don't use the CL final as a yard stick, that game was bloody awful, apart from the result ;-).
      I agree that Henderson, Wijnaldum & Fabinho is a very solid midfield, but against a mega defensive team like Atletico it lacks creativity, we MUST have an attack angle through the middle otherwise we'll end up crossing harmless balls into the box for 90 minutes.

Exactly. We got the result. Same result that would see us through tonight if we repeated it

Bear in mind we were also 1-0 up after about a minute so the need for any sort of direct / creative football was massively reduced from the second minute onwards
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,085 posts | 2033 
      Reply #7380: Mar 11, 2020 11:02:37 am

If you play with two holders to counter the counter attacks then you play your full backs high up, narrow your three forwards and have your false 9 in a hole behind the other two then that's where your creativity comes from.. the full backs (there arent a better two than ours for that) and Bobby in the hole..

Dont fall into the trap that creativity can only come from your midfield

The less obvious your tactics are, the harder they are to defend

You can also have Gini breaking the lines and attacking late

Quick Reply