Trending Topics

Next match: Salzburg v LFC [Champions League] Tue 10th Dec @ 8:00 pm
      Red Bull Arena

Today is the 9th of December and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W13 D4 L7

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread

Read 46952 times
      fields of anny rd and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,910 posts | 3475 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #525: Nov 12, 2019 11:18:58 pm
      That cross field ball for Robbo to set up Mo's goal was a thing of f**king beauty!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,067 posts | 367 
      Reply #526: Dec 05, 2019 01:10:01 pm
      That cross field ball for Robbo to set up Mo's goal was a thing of f**king beauty!

Feel like we could copy and paste this comment into some kind of algorithm, swap the names and just keep posting this forever. He pulls these passes off multiple times, game after game, and it's become so normal for all of us watching. Wonder what his assist of assists count is?  :D

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1202377042244845568

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,455 posts | 1016 
      Reply #527: Dec 05, 2019 04:48:47 pm
      Feel like we could copy and paste this comment into some kind of algorithm, swap the names and just keep posting this forever. He pulls these passes off multiple times, game after game, and it's become so normal for all of us watching. Wonder what his assist of assists count is?  :D

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1202377042244845568

Maybe the best single pass of the night, and that on a night when Sadio had two great passes for assists and Dejan hit a great long pass through the center for Divock. Trent is such an important part of this group's success.
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 566 posts | 191 
      Reply #528: Dec 06, 2019 01:07:40 pm
      Was lucky not to be sent off Wed, but nice to see that bit of snide in a Merseyside derby!

Robbo has taught him well  ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,455 posts | 1016 
      Reply #529: Dec 06, 2019 03:17:02 pm
      Was lucky not to be sent off Wed, but nice to see that bit of snide in a Merseyside derby!

Robbo has taught him well  ;D

Hope they don't have a bet over stamps like they did last season with assists.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,137 posts | 3746 
      Reply #530: Dec 06, 2019 03:31:50 pm
      Trent,Robbo, Virgil and Dejan all made some stunning long range passes on Weds. It must be quite something for the forwards to know that every player in this team will find a pass all they have to do is make the run.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,235 posts | 44 
      Reply #531: Yesterday at 10:30:24 am
      You guys think in the long term Trent is becoming too good to play RB? Or asked differently you think we could get even more out of him in a different position? Take Bale as an example. He started out as a LB early in his career.

If I see his passing and how he makes runs forward he just reminds me of a young Gerrard.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,452 posts | 100 
      Reply #532: Yesterday at 10:35:01 am
      What a player
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,874 posts | 537 
      Reply #533: Yesterday at 12:37:04 pm
      You guys think in the long term Trent is becoming too good to play RB? Or asked differently you think we could get even more out of him in a different position? Take Bale as an example. He started out as a LB early in his career.

If I see his passing and how he makes runs forward he just reminds me of a young Gerrard.

I think to say he's too good is undervaluing just how important our fullbacks are to our system. But I could see him ending up in midfield one day should we change our system at all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,989 posts | 3469 
      Reply #534: Yesterday at 01:49:30 pm
      Keep him where he is, that’s where he’s most effective.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,137 posts | 3746 
      Reply #535: Yesterday at 02:47:43 pm
      Keep him where he is, that’s where he’s most effective.

exactly if it aint broke don't try to fix it. He is already playing a forward role in midfield both he and Robbo are often the furthest player up the pitch.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,530 posts | 3819 
      Reply #536: Yesterday at 04:04:27 pm

Trent is still learning the full back position, people can go on about his attacking play, but his defensive work still leaves a lot to be desired. Bale got moved because he is another one that was great going forward, but actually sh*t at the art of defending.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,910 posts | 3475 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #537: Today at 05:32:59 am
      I say we buy a new RB and move TAA into the Center and get him to play like Stevie did. Can see him running at defenders and slipping that ball thru or a long pile driver from 40 yards out, he has 10 years to develop into the Best Midfielder to ever play the Game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,474 posts | 1341 
      Reply #538: Today at 10:20:25 am
      Trent is still learning the full back position, people can go on about his attacking play, but his defensive work still leaves a lot to be desired. Bale got moved because he is another one that was great going forward, but actually sh*t at the art of defending.

Yeah but I think Trent will be better in time at defending and will become the best in his position for many years. Bale always caught my eye as an attacking player even when he was being slated, but I dont think Trent would be the goal threat of Bale.

We lose something in the team when Trent isnt at right back and I wouldn't move him from there for the rest of his career to be honest. The damage he does at full back is immense and then we still keep 3 great forwards on as well as him.

I wouldn't for example advocate putting him in the forward 3 if one of the current 3 were to leave like Bale was able to do at Spurs.

To me he is a full back who thrives in his position.

Quick Reply