Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Burnley [Premier League] Sat 11th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 9th of July and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Naby Keita Player Thread

Read 93195 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,635 posts | 1454 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1025: Mar 02, 2020 09:07:25 pm
      Really hope he finds his fitness soon, willing to give him another season at least.

It kills me because he always shows a glimpse of what could be when gets back into the side but then gets injured and then reality hits again.

Come on Naby you can do it!

Missing again tomorrow for what is being described as "a sore hip."  :(
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,748 posts | 414 
      Reply #1026: Mar 02, 2020 09:10:08 pm
      Missing again tomorrow for what is being described as "a sore hip."  :(

Getting a bit worried that he might struggle with the physical aspect and playing through the pain barrier as Gerrard noted in his book some people like Sturridge feel a knock and instantly think they cant play whilst others like Stevie or Carra would probably  get through it
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 2333 
      Reply #1027: Mar 02, 2020 09:14:55 pm
      One way or another we need a new midfielder in the summer.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #1028: Mar 02, 2020 11:17:55 pm
      This is it for me. I label Naby a bust. Talent doesn't matter if you can't get on the pitch and Naby has proven more than plenty that he's injury-prone. It's sad because he has the talent to play in our starting 11 and would have made the team better than with Gini/Ox in midfield (along Hendo and Fab). His diverse injuries suggest that his body can't cope with the PL & CL, he might also have psychological issues since those rumours are there.

Make him trade bait and get Sancho/Madison...any midfielder with some creativity because we lack it. Ox somehow didn't show enough and Minamino is still brand new, but we can't trust him. I think a creative midfielder is more important than a striker like Werner. I'd even think about Coutinho if he's cheap and willing to come back with his head down.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,635 posts | 1454 
      Reply #1029: Mar 03, 2020 01:40:29 am
      Getting a bit worried that he might struggle with the physical aspect and playing through the pain barrier as Gerrard noted in his book some people like Sturridge feel a knock and instantly think they cant play whilst others like Stevie or Carra would probably  get through it

Remember when Jürgen made a comment about Emre Can needing to learn the difference between feeling a little pain and really being injured (something like that)? I suspect Klopp would not be terribly patient with someone who isn't willing to play through pain. Hopefully this is not what is happening with Naby.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 2333 
      Reply #1030: Mar 03, 2020 08:59:46 am
      This is it for me. I label Naby a bust. Talent doesn't matter if you can't get on the pitch and Naby has proven more than plenty that he's injury-prone. It's sad because he has the talent to play in our starting 11 and would have made the team better than with Gini/Ox in midfield (along Hendo and Fab). His diverse injuries suggest that his body can't cope with the PL & CL, he might also have psychological issues since those rumours are there.

Make him trade bait and get Sancho/Madison...any midfielder with some creativity because we lack it. Ox somehow didn't show enough and Minamino is still brand new, but we can't trust him. I think a creative midfielder is more important than a striker like Werner. I'd even think about Coutinho if he's cheap and willing to come back with his head down.

Spot on, we really really need a top class creative midfielder and then we can have Curtis as back up/understudy. Ox is good in flashes but way to often goes missing in games, Keita can't be relied on, same with Shaq and all the other midfielders are more defensive minded although I'd love to see Jürgen take the shackles off Gini, he plays AM for Netherlands and scores bucketloads, so why not for us, I always feel he is under utilised in our team, he does a good job as CM, but could be so much more?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,049 posts | 594 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #1031: Mar 03, 2020 09:28:44 am
      Beginning to lose a lot of patience with him now. He has had some serious injuries during his time here but he also seems to be regularly sidelined due to "niggles". As people have mentioned in here, sometimes you've got to play through the pain barrier. Especially if you're in his position.

He must be aware that he's yet to fully prove himself at the club, and if that was me I certainly wouldn't be letting a "niggle" stop me from doing that. Play through the pain barrier and prove your worth. The likes of Salah & Henderson have played through injuries this season, Van Dijk through illness. That's what winners do, and they're some of the first names on the teamsheet, they could easily sit out a game or two and end up straight back in the team when they feel they're ready again. Keita isn't even a key player like those three are, he should be pulling out all of the stops to get himself on the pitch in my opinion
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,767 posts | 536 
      Reply #1032: Mar 03, 2020 11:17:51 am
      Not sure how it works exactly but are people assuming that it is Naby saying “I don’t want to play” as opposed to being told that he isn’t playing?

I get what people are saying about other players playing through injuries but would it not be prudent to assume that, considering Naby’s injury record, he is being told to sit these games out rather than the other way round.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,049 posts | 594 
      Reply #1033: Mar 03, 2020 11:28:56 am
      Not sure how it works exactly but are people assuming that it is Naby saying “I don’t want to play” as opposed to being told that he isn’t playing?

I get what people are saying about other players playing through injuries but would it not be prudent to assume that, considering Naby’s injury record, he is being told to sit these games out rather than the other way round.

He's out with a "sore hip". If it was a muscle strain or bruising you could understand as there's a scan or visible damage for doctors to assess. As far as we're aware there's no evidence apart from him seemingly informing the club he's not fit enough to play
      ConzS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,767 posts | 536 
      Reply #1034: Mar 03, 2020 11:40:09 am
      He's out with a "sore hip". If it was a muscle strain or bruising you could understand as there's a scan or visible damage for doctors to assess. As far as we're aware there's no evidence apart from him seemingly informing the club he's not fit enough to play
      I get what you’re saying mate and it frustrates me as much as the next person however, to be brutally honest, Naby is expendable right now and we can afford for him to be missing these games. Fair enough it doesn’t show on a scan but I’d imagine if he is feeling pain he would need to make the medical staff aware of this and then the decision has been made that he will not take part to avoid any prolonged injury lay-off. He doesn’t strike me as the type of player that could play through an injury, more likely he would just make it worse.

I may be wrong on this and it could be Naby saying he doesn’t want to play but I just don’t see it.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 2333 
      Reply #1035: Mar 03, 2020 12:44:49 pm
      I get what you’re saying mate and it frustrates me as much as the next person however, to be brutally honest, Naby is expendable right now and we can afford for him to be missing these games. Fair enough it doesn’t show on a scan but I’d imagine if he is feeling pain he would need to make the medical staff aware of this and then the decision has been made that he will not take part to avoid any prolonged injury lay-off. He doesn’t strike me as the type of player that could play through an injury, more likely he would just make it worse.

I may be wrong on this and it could be Naby saying he doesn’t want to play but I just don’t see it.

If Naby is expendable then why the f**k are we paying wages for someone who only plays a game every now and then, time to move him on, he's a good footballer when fit and motivated but we can do so much better.
      UlstersNo1
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #1036: Mar 03, 2020 12:48:39 pm
      As much as I hate to say it, I think his time is up at Anfield. He's been given more than enough opportunities & unfortunately just cannot stay fit and capitalise on those opportunities. We cannot continue to keep hyping him up to be special for him to roll his ankle and be out for 6 weeks at a time  :-\
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,748 posts | 414 
      Reply #1037: Mar 03, 2020 02:27:27 pm

Suppose will never know all about individuals make up , upbringing I've played enough sport to know there are different levels of pain and different abilities physically  and mentally to cope with them
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,635 posts | 1454 
      Reply #1038: Mar 03, 2020 02:43:36 pm

Official site has a blurb now saying that Naby isn't available today but Klopp thinks he should be back ready for Bournemouth. Maybe doesn't answer this question we're discussing, but we might see him again at the weekend.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,049 posts | 594 
      Reply #1039: Mar 03, 2020 02:44:01 pm

We can afford for him to be missing in these games but on the flipside there are a lot of other games coming up where we can't afford to play him. I wouldn't want him thrown in for the derby, Man City or a Champions League game - I think these are the games he really needs to be playing and proving himself in

Obviously only he knows how much pain he's really in but you'd expect someone in his situation to be chomping at the bit for a start tonight
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 320 
      Reply #1040: Mar 03, 2020 10:38:37 pm
      Its days like today that really make me disappointed with Kieta. I dont know how hurt he is, but when you hear things like "sore hip" it really makes you wonder about the guy when you factor his track record. The sad thing is this kid would really make a difference in the form were in and the way teams are playing us. If we want to compete on all fronts than we may need to move on from Kieta and fill the squad with guys unlike Shaq and Naby
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,491 posts | 3960 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1041: Mar 03, 2020 11:52:10 pm
      F**k he's made of the same material as Harry Kewell and Lallana!!!!
      skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 680 posts | 247 
      Reply #1042: Mar 04, 2020 01:26:41 pm
      Getting to the point now where if he doesn't step up to the plate soon (physically & performance-wise), we need to think about binning him off, as it's just been one false start after another thus far!
      Got slated for saying this in Nov....

Coming to the end of his second season and he's been a flop thus far.

Hopefully he can turn it round and get a run of games and form, but it seems the clock is ticking.  How much longer do we give him before cutting our losses?

Some players just aren't cut out for the PL & it's starting to look like Naby is in that bracket.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 431 
      Reply #1043: Mar 06, 2020 12:46:51 pm
      RIP to his brother and the others who have died in the crash.

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/1235903022456279040
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,049 posts | 594 
      Reply #1044: Mar 06, 2020 12:49:34 pm

Jesus, heavy that.

RIP
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 431 
      Reply #1045: Mar 06, 2020 01:19:07 pm
      Reports are now saying it was his cousin, not his brother, although it's still a tragic loss for Naby. From the Echo -

The Professional Football League of Guinea have confirmed nine players from the Etoile de Guinee side were killed in a bus crash.

Almamy Keita, who is the cousin of Liverpool midfielder Naby Keita, is among those to have died in the incident on Thursday.

The Reds star posted on his Instagram saying: "I am shocked, sad and heartbroken at this terrible news.

"I send my sincere condolences to all families of the victims, as well as the whole sporting family of Guinea.

"Rest in perfect peace guys."

A list of the nine players who died is as follows; Almamy Keita, Mohamed Lamine Toure, Kabinet Camara, Mohamed Damaro Camara, Ousmane Sylla, Ibrahima Sylla, Mohamed Lamine Camara, Serdouba Ginola Bangoura and Facinet Mara.

Late last night a statement from the Ligue Guineenne de Football Professionnel read: "The Ministry of Sports, Culture and Historic Heritage, the Guinean Football Football League and the Guinean League of Professional Football have the deep pain of announcing to the sports public in Guinea, Africa and elsewhere, the cruel loss following a traffic accident this on March 5, 2020, of nine members of the sports club Star of Guinea."

The crash happened outside the city of Mamou, 250 kilometres east of the capital Conakry where Etoile are based.

The team were on their way to play in the city of Kankan, a further 400km east of Mammou, in what was meant to be the first match of the league season.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-midfielder-naby-keitas-cousin-17876134
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,578 posts | 2856 
      Reply #1046: Mar 06, 2020 01:19:25 pm
      Got slated for saying this in Nov....

Coming to the end of his second season and he's been a flop thus far.

Hopefully he can turn it round and get a run of games and form, but it seems the clock is ticking.  How much longer do we give him before cutting our losses?

Some players just aren't cut out for the PL & it's starting to look like Naby is in that bracket.

I don't think he's been a "flop", just had bad luck with injuries.

He was targeted and injured by Barca, then his national team played him (and trained him) before he was ready, which has lead to a recurring hip problem for him.

The lad's a player.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 2333 
      Reply #1047: Mar 06, 2020 01:52:03 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,748 posts | 414 
      Reply #1048: Mar 06, 2020 03:14:50 pm
      Wasnt his brother but Cousin who apparently may now have survived bad do either way
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 2333 
      Reply #1049: Mar 06, 2020 03:17:03 pm
      Wasnt his brother but Cousin who apparently may now have survived bad do either way

Sad anyway

Quick Reply