Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235304 times
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1518: Jan 24, 2022 09:21:05 pm
      My bad . Didn't see anything of it struggled to get into it to be honest

Same. But ive been following the tournament but only via highlights etc. Disappointed for Naby that they are out but all good for us.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1519: Feb 14, 2022 05:23:09 am
      Might get some grief here but I think I'm done with having any hope for Naby.

I so wanted him to be the midfield destroyer then attacker and link to the front 3 in our team but he's just not up to it.

IMHO I think he's soft, watched him sh*t out of more tackles yesterday, can't remember the last one he won, players seem to just get out of his tackles and it drives me F***ing nuts. He doesn't offer anything defensively and offensively, he might get the odd goal here and there and they will be top notch goals but they are too far and too few in between. Don't start me on his sick leave.

Not a starter for me, he can come on later in a game but I'd prefer to see a Harvey attacking or Taki pressing everyone all over the pitch like the crazy man he is.  ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1520: Feb 14, 2022 09:31:09 am

I so wanted him to be the midfield destroyer then attacker and link to the front 3 in our team but he's just not up to it.

IMHO I think he's soft, watched him sh*t out of more tackles yesterday, can't remember the last one he won, players seem to just get out of his tackles and it drives me f**king nuts. He doesn't offer anything defensively and offensively, he might get the odd goal here and there and they will be top notch goals but they are too far and too few in between. Don't start me on his sick leave.

Not a starter for me, he can come on later in a game but I'd prefer to see a Harvey attacking or Taki pressing everyone all over the pitch like the crazy man he is.  ;D

He’s undoubtedly talented but I wouldn’t be upset if he left for a new challenge. I can’t imagine he’ll get another contract. It’s such a shame because he can be amazing sometimes. Oh well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1521: Feb 14, 2022 09:49:50 am
      He’s undoubtedly talented but I wouldn’t be upset if he left for a new challenge. I can’t imagine he’ll get another contract. It’s such a shame because he can be amazing sometimes. Oh well.

Agreed mate, he had so much potential coming here, hasn't lived up to it yet but has shown some glimpses, just not enough at a Club like ours. You have to be on it every time you step across that white line. I see others with more hunger then him.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1522: Feb 14, 2022 10:17:43 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1523: Feb 14, 2022 10:26:05 am

IMHO I think he's soft, watched him sh*t out of more tackles yesterday, can't remember the last one he won, players seem to just get out of his tackles and it drives me f**king nuts. He doesn't offer anything defensively and offensively, he might get the odd goal here and there and they will be top notch goals but they are too far and too few in between. Don't start me on his sick leave.

I must have watched a different game because I thought Naby was one of our better players
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #1524: Feb 15, 2022 09:46:08 pm
      I must have watched a different game because I thought Naby was one of our better players

You must have.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1525: Mar 07, 2022 06:13:16 pm
      Played really well against West Ham really don't think suited to a 3 which much be hard for him but got stuck In and hardly wasted a ball doing the job he has been told to and driving forward when he could
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1526: Mar 07, 2022 07:15:52 pm
      Played really well against West Ham really don't think suited to a 3 which much be hard for him but got stuck In and hardly wasted a ball doing the job he has been told to and driving forward when he could

The pass to Trent for the goal was a beauty. Perfectly timed and weighted for Trent to be able to bring it down and make the through pass.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1527: Mar 08, 2022 07:59:11 am
      Thought he was fantastic at the weekend.

Feels like he's nearly always been available this season as well which is great.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1528: Apr 05, 2022 10:12:05 pm
      Might have played his way into the starting line up against City tonight. Thought he was excellent. Thiago was superb 1st half, but ran out of steam very early in the 2nd. That yellow card tackle was just a case of he either couldn't or wouldn't run back. Naby kept going strong the entire 90, and I think will start instead of Thiago now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1529: Apr 05, 2022 10:14:50 pm
      Might have played his way into the starting line up against City tonight. Thought he was excellent. Thiago was superb 1st half, but ran out of steam very early in the 2nd. That yellow card tackle was just a case of he either couldn't or wouldn't run back. Naby kept going strong the entire 90, and I think will start instead of Thiago now.

MOTM for me.

And I'd start him against City.

I'd go same again if Fabinho isn't ruled out with the head injury.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1530: Apr 05, 2022 10:27:29 pm
      MOTM for me.

I'd say since Fab came back on he's already been ruled as "ok".

The only reason I'd start Hendo instead of Naby is just for the experience and leadership that may be needed against them. But if Naby starts I've no problem with it.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1531: Apr 05, 2022 10:34:29 pm
      MOTM for me.

Yeah gave him MOTM too. Hendo will definitely start (rightly so), so won't be same lineup again. Hendo in for Thiago is my bet.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1532: Apr 05, 2022 11:04:39 pm
      think Hendo will start with Fab and Thiago but Naby will get a lot of game time from now until the end of the season we need all our players turning up .
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1533: Apr 05, 2022 11:10:24 pm
      think Hendo will start with Fab and Thiago but Naby will get a lot of game time from now until the end of the season we need all our players turning up .

Agree. Definately be able to rotate more now trust and reliability in certain players but City away will probably mean he misses out just
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1534: Apr 06, 2022 05:03:35 am
      He is what we so often miss. A player who can do all the work off the ball, but then can get on it and drive with pace and draw players his way and open acres of space for the front 3.

You see it in the Utd game, in today's game. When he gets it and drives forward, a panic sets in for the defence.

I thought he calmed the game the last 20 minutes. Looked super mature and seasoned. Just pray he can show his quality the rest of this season. Top top player when fit and in form
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2022 02:57:37 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1535: Apr 30, 2022 02:57:41 pm
      More respect on this lads performances should be stated . Never let us down once this season and so effective at end of box . Most presses, interceptions and tackles won
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1536: Apr 30, 2022 07:49:10 pm
      More respect on this lads performances should be stated . Never let us down once this season and so effective at end of box . Most presses, interceptions and tackles won

In a lot of ways he's the MF Bobby. You don't get the smoothness that you get with Thiago. You don't get the cover you get with Hendo. You don't get the discipline you get with Fab. With Naby Lad, you get work rate a chaos. And with the team we have around him, we need to embrace the chaos a bit more. Bro just makes things happen in the final 3rd.

Fab, Thiago, and Naby Lad = best MF we've had in a long long while.......
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1537: Apr 30, 2022 08:03:49 pm
      Love Keita. He is so damn good and is finally healthy on a regular basis. At only 26 it is very exciting to have him around for the next few years as he enters his peak.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1538: Apr 30, 2022 11:40:16 pm
      Being honest, earlier in the season I wasn’t arsed in the slightest if Naby was to leave this summer. But he’s really upped his game, he’s avoiding injuries, playing at not only a really high level but doing it consistently too. He’s having his best spell with us so far and has taken the chances when they’ve been given to him, worked hard and turned things around for himself.
      The complete opposite to Ox.

Well in Naby lad
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1539: May 01, 2022 02:18:34 pm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1540: May 01, 2022 02:37:36 pm
      He is just bang on form right now so whilst the experts rightly state how many forwards we have we have an abundance of in form midfielders including a young 36 year old Milner.
      Naby could well be our secret weapon 

Quick Reply