Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 240443 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #575: Jan 20, 2019 09:18:17 pm
      He has the exact same issues Oxlade-Chamberlain had and that Fabinho had early on too. He is thinking too much about where he has to be, what he has to do and when to do it and then you get situations where he is running too long with the ball, gets into other player's way, is picking up the wrong positions, ... You can see him thinking. Some players just take longer to adapt. I remember Gundogan saying it takes players up to a year to get fully up to speed with the way of playing. He is young, he has time on his side and he clearly is talented. We'll just have to be patient.

Bang on with this mate. I think you are right. It's a shame because I think we need him to contribute. His play thus far has been a bit gung ho for me, he is too quick to get forward and then when we turn it over he is nowhere near the ball. He has also been guilty of flicks and one touch passes that are risky and in the wrong areas. He nearly cost us in the Brighton game on a couple of occasions in the last 5 minutes of the game with irresponsible passes. If he is going to play through the middle it needs to be ahead of two sitters, alternatively he can sub in for Mane on the left hand side of the front 3.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,649 posts | 6943 
      Reply #576: Jan 20, 2019 09:40:11 pm
      He's been frustrating to watch hope his form improves

Three pages ago he was boss. 😶

I'm calling him consistently inconsistent at the mo.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #577: Jan 20, 2019 09:54:30 pm
      Wouldn't start him unless his form improves, or we have no choice.
      A run of games could help - but before actually *getting* games you need to playing at some minimum level, and he doesn't look there yet. He's struggling, and we're loosing possession off him.

Everyone knows he has potential, and I REALLY hope he comes good before end of season to give us a dig out - but we can't afford passengers when we need to keep winning every game.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #578: Jan 20, 2019 11:42:50 pm
      He clearly has potential and it's not always easy to hit the ground running in the PL.

Can't say I'm not disappointed as I thought we were buying one of the best CMs in the world who was ready made for the PL.

He'll get there.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #579: Jan 21, 2019 04:09:04 am
      I don't know if we can afford to wait 6-18 months till he finds his feet, understand new League takes a while but honestly thought we were getting a Class act that would hit the ground running. He hasn't yet but there is still hope he will turn out to be what we wanted sooner rather then later.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #580: Jan 21, 2019 09:22:05 am
      He clearly has potential and it's not always easy to hit the ground running in the PL.

Can't say I'm not disappointed as I thought we were buying one of the best CMs in the world who was ready made for the PL.

He'll get there.

Maybe if he was played as a CM we start to see some of what we all know he possesses.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,821 posts | 2452 
      Reply #581: Jan 21, 2019 11:18:00 am
      Maybe if he was played as a CM we start to see some of what we all know he possesses.

This.

He needs to play in a midfield 3. He will come good I have no doubt about it.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #582: Jan 22, 2019 09:48:54 am
      Contriversial here...

But thought he has been our shittest 1st team player all season.

Had the biggest hopes for him (and still do) but he just looks lost.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,755 posts | 862 
      Reply #583: Jan 29, 2019 02:39:02 am
      Contriversial here...

But thought he has been our shittest 1st team player all season.

Had the biggest hopes for him (and still do) but he just looks lost.
      I'm a bit disappointed too, but I am sure he will come around. Despite him not playing particularly good, you can still see glimpses of quality from him. Some players take more time to adapt.

He needs more playing time and unfortunately, we're in the middle of a race for the title which prohibits us from playing around too much with the starting 11. Regardless, I reiterate, I'm confident he'll come around.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #584: Jan 29, 2019 09:18:17 am
      I'm a bit disappointed too, but I am sure he will come around. Despite him not playing particularly good, you can still see glimpses of quality from him. Some players take more time to adapt.

He needs more playing time and unfortunately, we're in the middle of a race for the title which prohibits us from playing around too much with the starting 11. Regardless, I reiterate, I'm confident he'll come around.

I still think he just needs more games to settle in, I'd consider playing him against Leicester.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #585: Jan 30, 2019 10:05:16 pm
      So much for this Iniesta/Kante hybrid. I'm detecting more subtle hints of Joey Cole/Biscan
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,988 posts | 3421 
      Reply #586: Jan 30, 2019 10:12:18 pm
      Seriously ? He actually played ok tonight and was starting to get into the game ,

This lack of patience being shown is pathetic , the guy clearly has ability and started the season well , got a nasty knock and has struggled a bit since then

He is clearly a quality player but will need a run of games to gain his confidence back
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #587: Jan 30, 2019 10:15:25 pm
      Seriously ? He actually played ok tonight and was starting to get into the game ,

This lack of patience being shown is pathetic , the guy clearly has ability and started the season well , got a nasty knock and has struggled a bit since then

He is clearly a quality player but will need a run of games to gain his confidence back

True he got better as the game went on and won a clear penalty driving into the opposition box, shame he got subbed as alallana offered zero offensive threat.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #588: Jan 30, 2019 10:20:00 pm
      Didn't see it lads. He should have got a pen but that would have bailed him out because he should get that shot off regardless sooner.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3416 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #589: Jan 30, 2019 10:21:51 pm
      So much for this Iniesta/Kante hybrid. I'm detecting more subtle hints of Joey Cole/Biscan

I am detecting hints of bullshit, sorry mate
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,446 posts | 4584 
      Reply #590: Jan 30, 2019 10:25:49 pm
      Scape 🐐...
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,200 posts | 836 
      Reply #591: Jan 30, 2019 10:26:50 pm
      I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him next season to prove himself.

Either way, he shouldn't be a starter. He was supposed to be our missing link in midfield and make an impact this season, so far he has disappointed.

I'll give him a chance next season before I call him a flop.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #592: Jan 30, 2019 10:27:52 pm
      I thought we should have kept him on.  Like said he was getting better as the game went on.   
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #593: Jan 30, 2019 10:33:26 pm
      When Ox is back I can’t see him starting many games unless there’s a few injuries. He’s arguably our weakest centre midfielder on current form.

Hope he comes good at some point but the other lads have set the bar high, we need Premier League Champions quality and currently he’s not that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #594: Jan 30, 2019 10:34:57 pm
      I am detecting hints of bullshit, sorry mate

He's not that bad just yet.

No worries.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,189 posts | 4404 
      Reply #595: Jan 30, 2019 10:36:10 pm
      Didn't see it lads. He should have got a pen but that would have bailed him out because he should get that shot off regardless sooner.

Go to bed you obviously have never played football as you would realise you can’t shoot if someone is stamping on your foot!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,428 posts | 3416 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #596: Jan 30, 2019 10:37:19 pm
      He's not that bad just yet.

No worries.

Certainly not Joe cole bad
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #597: Jan 30, 2019 10:38:54 pm
      Getting ridiculous hammer.

Had an ok game - showed for the ball and tried to make things happen.

Short of sharpness and confidence but time needed and I actually think plenty of positives tonight.

Quick Reply