Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 238381 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #598: Jan 30, 2019 10:40:59 pm
      Problem is that people built him up so much in the summer and because he hasn't hit the heights people are starting to hammer him
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #599: Jan 30, 2019 10:41:29 pm
      Problem is that people built him up so much in the summer and because he hasn't hit the heights people are starting to hammer him

Is spot on.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #600: Jan 30, 2019 10:43:09 pm
      Go to bed you obviously have never played football as you would realise you can’t shoot if someone is stamping on your foot!

He let it run across him. You can get a shot off early you know?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #601: Jan 30, 2019 10:43:54 pm

Just Igor then.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #602: Jan 30, 2019 10:47:50 pm
      He let it run across him. You can get a shot off early you know?

How early before he gets to the ball?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #603: Jan 30, 2019 10:50:43 pm
      yep thought he was ok,defo pen as well.The weird thing for me is we were kinda worrried about all the red cards he got in germany,not seen any of that,just so timid,not settled language problems,i dunno.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,244 posts | 1652 
      Reply #604: Jan 30, 2019 10:58:41 pm
      The player I thought we were getting from highlights seen were exactly what we saw from penalty incident driving into the box getting shots off or playing one two's just doesn't do it enough not sure if it's the system or confidence but need to see more of it and soon
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #605: Jan 30, 2019 11:06:55 pm
      He had an okay game. I think he passes the ball too much forward and over dribbles a lot. He is a different player compared to the start of the season. I still think he'll be a decent player but he'll need some time. It doesn't help that he has mostly played out of position and doesn't really have a role, seemed a bit lost a few times tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #606: Jan 30, 2019 11:06:59 pm
      So it’s Naby’s fault Firmino and Salah were off form and Shaq was sitting in a deck chair.

Fair enough!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #607: Jan 30, 2019 11:48:36 pm

How early before he gets to the ball?

He took two touches and still delayed on it. Should be one touch and hit. That's what I was expecting when it came to him. He took an age. Hopefully with more confidence he buries it but in his current state of mind he delayed and delayed.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #608: Jan 30, 2019 11:54:07 pm
      He gave the ball away a bit but then again, he hasn't been in the side much, the conditions were sh*t and Leicester are a good side with nothing to lose.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #609: Jan 30, 2019 11:58:20 pm
      He took two touches and still delayed on it. Should be one touch and hit. That's what I was expecting when it came to him. He took an age. Hopefully with more confidence he buries it but in his current state of mind he delayed and delayed.

Oh dear keep trying.

Was he trying to walk it into the back of the net!

Just accept he was fouled as he was about to shoot, you must have seen MOTD by now for the replays otherwise you are a WUM.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #610: Jan 31, 2019 02:10:05 am
      He will come good people patience is needed,
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #611: Jan 31, 2019 08:11:38 am
      With every flop performance my confidence in Naby goes down a little.

I’ve not even seen glimpses of talent yet.

The only saving grace is his reaction last night and he was clearly not happy with his performance so he knows he’s better than what he’s showing.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #612: Jan 31, 2019 11:43:14 am
      Not sure we can warrant starting Naby for the rest of the season IMO.

My main concern is this.  If I was him, I'd be thinking, "I haven't set the PL alight with my performances so far, but we are top of the league with a great chance of picking up a PL winner's medal in 4 months.  If I can show my class the next 12-13 games and the team goes on a winning run, I can help lead us to the title." 

Then run out on that pitch and f###ing trample all over our opponents, putting the fear of God into them!  He just looks so timid a lot of the time.  I wanna see some of the nasty snide he showed for Leipzig.

Think his starting opportunities this season are running short.  He needs to step up to the plate and earn his reputation.

C'Mon Naby, prove to us what a class act you are.  Your team needs you!!
      Kopite78
      Reply #613: Jan 31, 2019 11:44:37 am
      He will be fine

Peoples lack of patience and want to jump on someone is amazing

Helmets
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #614: Jan 31, 2019 04:33:20 pm
      Looks to me as he is trying desperately too hard to impress...
      He is taking on too many players when a pass will take a few of them out, So desperate to score he is almost trying to dribble the ball into the net...

He has seen Fab'and Shaqiri score and maybe feel that he has to  prove himself valuable to the team as Fab' Shaqiri and others
      Think  if he scores to or three goals in the next five or six games then we will see a different player
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #615: Jan 31, 2019 06:35:46 pm
      He just looks so timid a lot of the time. 

This! He's not feeling well, he seems not integrated, neither in the team nor the country, something is wrong. Remember the look from Robbo to him the last game when both intervened? Robbo not just looked at him, but he looked at him in disgust. It could be nothing, it could be everything. The difference to other examples of slow developers (Robbo, Ox,Fab) is that Keita did already shine at the beginning of the season. Then he regressed. That is usually a very bad sign.

The worst thing is to bench him now. Keita needs games, games and again games to get experience and hopefully good experiences at some point that can build his confidence. And Jürgen should also look at the psychological side which is not his strength. Keita lacks something, he's not there mentally, it seems obvious. Remembers me on Immobile at Dortmund (with Klopp) who'd complain about not being integrated into the team and Klopp did nothing, eventually Immobile escaped.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #616: Jan 31, 2019 11:13:17 pm
      I honestly thought he did ok, should have won us a pen and there was deffo other players that should have come off before him. At least he was trying to get forward.

Once his first goal for the Club goes in, I bet he will be a much better player then what we have seen thus far.

Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #617: Feb 01, 2019 12:38:26 am
      I think he had his best game so far yesterday.  I was surprised that he was sub'ed.  If he wasn't sub'ed, I think he could make something special happen.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #618: Feb 01, 2019 08:35:24 am
      New scapegoat sorted.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #619: Feb 01, 2019 10:10:07 am
      I thought he has one of our better players on Wednesday and I can see him growing in confidence, I think he needs more games and he needs to be involved against West Ham, he will come good for us, I'm sure of it.

I'd play a midfield 3 of Gini, Fabinho and Keita against the Hammers, really get at them and win big.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #620: Feb 01, 2019 11:26:59 am
      I thought he has one of our better players on Wednesday and I can see him growing in confidence, I think he needs more games and he needs to be involved against West Ham, he will come good for us, I'm sure of it.

I'd play a midfield 3 of Gini, Fabinho and Keita against the Hammers, really get at them and win big.
      Had more impact on the game and was way better than Lallana who replaced him,

Quick Reply