Trending Topics

Next match: Tranmere v LFC [Friendly] Thu 11th Jul @ 7:30 pm
      Prenton Park

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Naby Keita Player Thread

Read 40642 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,282 posts | 293 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #725: Feb 24, 2019 05:41:49 pm
      Was sorely missed today, hope him getting dropped doesn't have any impact on his form or confidence.

Play him every game Jürgen, his the one who could make the difference in terms of creativity.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #726: Feb 24, 2019 06:58:10 pm
      Keita is still not stable enough for those high-profile games which makes him a bust for the kind of money he cost. He just played vs. Bayern because of our injury situation. But at least he's coming together, but probably too late to make an impact in this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,457 posts | 2465 
      Reply #727: Feb 24, 2019 09:06:43 pm
      Was sorely missed today, hope him getting dropped doesn't have any impact on his form or confidence.

Play him every game Jürgen, his the one who could make the difference in terms of creativity.

Don't agree at all - the way the Utd tried to counter would not have suited him at all.

I think we might have seen him in a more advanced role in 2nd half as an impact sub mind - if we'd had 3 to make 2nd half.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,282 posts | 293 
      Reply #728: Feb 24, 2019 09:12:03 pm
      Don't agree at all - the way the Utd tried to counter would not have suited him at all.

I think we might have seen him in a more advanced role in 2nd half as an impact sub mind - if we'd had 3 to make 2nd half.

I was talking from an impact sub perspective. I get why he didn't start but i felt after that first half he was a must in the second as united looked there for the taking at parts in that game, we just needed to be brave enough and get at them.

I appreciate having Naby on in the second half may have left us vulnerable to the counter, but they had a striker literally playing with one good leg and the other is a donkey who is named Lukaku, so f**k it why not.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,457 posts | 2465 
      Reply #729: Feb 24, 2019 09:17:18 pm
      I was talking from an impact sub perspective. I get why he didn't start but i felt after that first half he was a must in the second as united looked there for the taking at parts in that game, we just needed to be brave enough and get at them.

I appreciate having Naby on in the second half may have left us vulnerable to the counter, but they had a striker literally playing with one good leg and the other is a donkey who is named Lukaku, so f**k it why not.

Came down to him or Shaq -hard to argue with the choice made for me.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,282 posts | 293 
      Reply #730: Feb 24, 2019 09:18:52 pm
      Came down to him or Shaq -hard to argue with the choice made for me.

Fair enough, i thought we could have gone with Shaq down the right and Salah through the middle with Keita in behind, but it is what it is.

I reckon he starts against Watford and just hope he has a good game to get himself in contention for the derby game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,513 posts | 3016 
      Reply #731: Feb 24, 2019 09:37:13 pm

Matip showed up Utd’s weakness when he ran at them through the heart of their defence.

Naby was tailor made for that second half.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,869 posts | 1049 
      Reply #732: Feb 24, 2019 10:48:13 pm
      Should have started no two ways about it.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #733: Feb 28, 2019 09:25:07 pm
      Was surprised not to see Naby come on as a sub against Utd. Don't think Shaq's been playing as well lately, while Naby has been improving - would have much preferred to see him come on. Think Naby's started running better and more directly with the ball and think that was the way thro against them- our crossing and set pieces had been so poor, they defended them comfortably.
      Guess Jürgen sees them more though and had his reasons, but I'd like to see more of Naby - think he has more to offer than Shaq, and would love to see him play more part of the run in.

Scottbot

• 7,558 posts | 1216 
      Reply #734: Mar 03, 2019 08:16:16 pm
      What’s Keita gotta do to get a game these days? Played 6-7 on the bounce and finding some form at last and then bosh. Can’t get near the pitch. Bizarre.
      « Last Edit: Mar 04, 2019 06:32:38 am by Scottbot »
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,914 posts | 1956 
      Reply #735: Mar 03, 2019 08:37:09 pm
      What’s Keita gotta do to get a game these days? Played 6-7 on the bounce and finding some for at the least and then bosh. Can’t get near the pitch. Bizarre.

You would think having Fabinho & Wijnaldum/Hendo would be enough defensive cover vs sh*t teams....
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,635 posts | 1118 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #736: Mar 03, 2019 10:24:31 pm
      Bizzare just as he looked to be finding his feet boom your binned lad...mad stuff
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,517 posts | 3138 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #737: Mar 04, 2019 02:19:33 am
      Bizzare just as he looked to be finding his feet boom your binned lad...mad stuff

Agreed mate, haven't seen him since.

Weird.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,620 posts | 1843 
      Reply #738: Mar 04, 2019 09:35:06 am
      You would think having Fabinho & Wijnaldum/Hendo would be enough defensive cover vs sh*t teams....

Klopp has swung far to much towards having a defensive midfield and this works fine IF your attackers are all firing together with FB's but if they are off colour, as has happened a lot recently, then you have to bring on more creativity in the middle, I don't quite understand why Jürgen doesn't do this? Its almost like Jürgen is more terrified to lose a game than he is determined to win one. It may well be that these draws are invaluable points come the end of the season but we now really need to unshackle the players and win every single game.

So lets dial the amp up to 11 and blast out some proper Heavy metal football, no more pussy defensive sh*t!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,933 posts | 814 
      • YNWA
      Reply #739: Mar 10, 2019 07:20:32 pm
      Cameo today, so will start against Munich?
      Really not sure.
      If he doesn't start, will be scratching the noggin wondering where things went wrong for him after starting to look half decent about 5 games ago..
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,282 posts | 293 
      Reply #740: Mar 10, 2019 08:03:44 pm
      Really not sure.
      If he doesn't start, will be scratching the noggin wondering where things went wrong for him after starting to look half decent about 5 games ago..

Must be hard for Naby considering he played himself into the starting 11 IMO and then just got dropped, his confidence must be at an all time low, so for the rest of the season I am not expecting too much from him.

Saying that if Naby can take what happened with Lallana today as a lesson and as a source of inspiration then who knows what might happen, Naby just needs to keep his head down and keep training well and his chance will come again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,517 posts | 3138 
      Reply #741: Mar 10, 2019 10:48:27 pm
      Really not sure.

He has to play against Munich, he will have a point to prove against one of his old nemesis. He won't have any fear coming up against them and their hostile crowd.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 23,786 posts | 3418 
      Reply #742: Mar 10, 2019 11:15:36 pm
      Must be hard for Naby considering he played himself into the starting 11 IMO and then just got dropped, his confidence must be at an all time low, so for the rest of the season I am not expecting too much from him.

Saying that if Naby can take what happened with Lallana today as a lesson and as a source of inspiration then who knows what might happen, Naby just needs to keep his head down and keep training well and his chance will come again.

Let’s not assume anything about anyone’s confidence, he may very well be fine, trust that Jürgen knows how to man manage these guys and their egos.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,282 posts | 293 
      Reply #743: Mar 10, 2019 11:52:21 pm
      Let’s not assume anything about anyone’s confidence, he may very well be fine, trust that Jürgen knows how to man manage these guys and their egos.

Fair point, just my view on it. If I was Naby my confidence would be low, therefore I don't expect too much from the lad considering that.

At the same time maybe Jürgen has sat with Naby and made it clear that him being dropped after hitting good form is all for a good reason and he still has a big role to play.

But then again if we aren't to assume things, f**k knows.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 247 posts | 72 
      Reply #744: Mar 11, 2019 07:50:58 am
      Honestly think he has just been sh*te.

Where is the player from Leipzig?

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #745: Mar 11, 2019 05:55:34 pm

+1, especially considering the money he did cost us. His price was that of a top international player and after a season he's behind Milner and Hendo which tells u all you need to know.

The player from Leipzig found out that PL is not Bundesliga, PL > Bundesliga. Very simple, the hot chick from a village might be pretty average in London.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,355 posts | 3602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #746: Mar 11, 2019 06:03:40 pm

People were starting to say the same about the slow and one paced Fabinho...he soon shut his doubters up. If there has been one thing proven by Robbo, Ox and Fab, it's to never write off a Klopp signing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,517 posts | 3138 
      Reply #747: Mar 12, 2019 05:24:08 am
      F**k sake writing him off already. There's a special player in there for sure, it's obviously going to take this season for him to properly adjust, something we all hoped wouldn't happen, but he's going to be very special for us from next season on.

The way he glides up the pitch is beautiful to watch, it's just that final ball that let's him down and I am sure Klopp will be working on this with him.

Give the lad a break FFS.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 247 posts | 72 
      Reply #748: Mar 12, 2019 08:00:48 am
      F**k sake writing him off already. There's a special player in there for sure, it's obviously going to take this season for him to properly adjust, something we all hoped wouldn't happen, but he's going to be very special for us from next season on.

The way he glides up the pitch is beautiful to watch, it's just that final ball that let's him down and I am sure Klopp will be working on this with him.

Give the lad a break FFS.

I'm not writing him off, I dont write any player off until they get dropped and sold.

But he's played well for what, a game and a half since his time here? He hasn't made an impact that I can remember, gets tackled pretty much every run, no final pass, afraid to shoot (which made him stand out for lepzig IMO)

Fabinho developed and changed and became a certain starter within about 6 games, Robbo wasnt starting then got his chance and never looked back.

Keita has not. Simple as that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,355 posts | 3602 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #749: Mar 12, 2019 10:54:32 am
      Fabinho developed and changed and became a certain starter within about 6 games

He hasn't made an impact that I can remember, gets tackled pretty much every run, no final pass

No he didn’t, he didn’t even start a league game for us until the end of October and took until mid October for him to make his first appearance in the league. Then it wasn’t up until mid December time that people actually started to stop writing him off and saying how slow he is.

Oh and Keita has also been heavily involved in a number of goals so far.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2019 11:04:37 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply