Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235308 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #69: Oct 09, 2017 09:46:44 am
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #70: Oct 09, 2017 10:05:25 am

Am I missing something?

Obviously you can’t raise hands etc etc but it didn’t look like that much - more a shove, or was there more to it?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #71: Oct 09, 2017 01:01:25 pm
      Am I missing something?

Obviously you can’t raise hands etc etc but it didn’t look like that much - more a shove, or was there more to it?

Fail to see anything other than a soft swipe, obviously player now is in A&E..

Anyways...fancy a bit of naughtiness in the team ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #72: Oct 09, 2017 01:41:29 pm
      Fail to see anything other than a soft swipe, obviously player now is in A&E..

Anyways...fancy a bit of naughtiness in the team ;D

Yeh that’s what I thought....not exactly Tommy Smith / Jimmy Case or Souness type summary justice is it!

Yep - we need more “who the f#ck are you looking at” in the team.......
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #73: Oct 09, 2017 04:01:41 pm
      Yeh that’s what I thought....not exactly Tommy Smith / Jimmy Case or Souness type summary justice is it!

I agree, I have zero problem with that, as long as its not a red card every other game.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #74: Oct 10, 2017 01:58:19 pm
      I agree, I have zero problem with that, as long as its not a red card every other game.

He has two already this season.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #75: Oct 10, 2017 02:50:08 pm

Got to be honest that's why I had so much respect for someone like Roy Keane. If I had to pick a favourite player who played for the Mancs it would be him by some distant. Almost single handedly took care of their no messing attitude. Likewise with Suarez - I just loved how he riled opposition players and fans up no end. And, while many will disagree, that's what I kind of liked Diego Costa as well. I want a couple of uber cu*ts on that field in the red shirt. We don't have any.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #76: Oct 10, 2017 03:00:32 pm
      Got to be honest that's why I had so much respect for someone like Roy Keane. If I had to pick a favourite player who played for the Mancs it would be him by some distant. Almost single handedly took care of their no messing attitude. Likewise with Suarez - I just loved how he riled opposition players and fans up no end. And, while many will disagree, that's what I kind of liked Diego Costa as well. I want a couple of uber cu*ts on that field in the red shirt. We don't have any.

Every team needs them.

* I can’t go quite as far as describing a favourite Manc like ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #77: Oct 10, 2017 03:52:16 pm

Agreed. My old Ma who sadly passed away recently used to say he was how a general or enforcer should be and it sickened her to watch these little gobshites diving around like their leg has been chopped off. She was only 4ft 11 and a half, the half is important! ( :D ) but she'd have sorted out most of the lads in our team to be fair. Desperately in need of a level of fear factor, from both our own and opposition players.

Just to give you a laugh on the subject and the height, my Dad is 6ft 3 and I was always far more terrified of my Irish mother. Maybe that's it, JĂźrgen doesn't need a defensive coach, just a strong Irish woman to tell them what's what!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #78: Oct 10, 2017 03:58:11 pm

Reading Andrea Pirlo's autobiography I had a real laugh at the way he speaks of Gattuso. Basically, Gattuso would "welcome" (in his very special way) new players to the club. And every single player in the squad knew that if they messed about, didn't play or train hard enough, they'd need to explain themselves to Gattuso - and no one wanted to have to do that. He wasn't the brightest of individuals but he played with such passion and demanded the same from everyone.

And that's what I say about the futility of captain armbands and the exaggerated emphasis placed on them - Gattuso only became captain fairly late in his career, but he was a real leader nonetheless far before that, someone who kept everyone else's on their toes and ensured the team worked hard. Maldini (or another of their senior, experienced players) once said he was terrified of losing the 2007 final as well, for he didn't want to face Gattuso ever again if they did. They were desperate to get one back from us partly because of him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #79: Oct 10, 2017 06:48:41 pm
      Reading Andrea Pirlo's autobiography I had a real laugh at the way he speaks of Gattuso. Basically, Gattuso would "welcome" (in his very special way) new players to the club. And every single player in the squad knew that if they messed about, didn't play or train hard enough, they'd need to explain themselves to Gattuso - and no one wanted to have to do that. He wasn't the brightest of individuals but he played with such passion and demanded the same from everyone.

And that's what I say about the futility of captain armbands and the exaggerated emphasis placed on them - Gattuso only became captain fairly late in his career, but he was a real leader nonetheless far before that, someone who kept everyone else's on their toes and ensured the team worked hard. Maldini (or another of their senior, experienced players) once said he was terrified of losing the 2007 final as well, for he didn't want to face Gattuso ever again if they did. They were desperate to get one back from us partly because of him.

I wonder if Gattuso visited any pubs in the Govan area while he was a player for Rangers? Would have tested those 'people management' skills to the limit.

Agreed. My old Ma who sadly passed away recently used to say he was how a general or enforcer should be and it sickened her to watch these little gobshites diving around like their leg has been chopped off. She was only 4ft 11 and a half, the half is important! ( :D ) but she'd have sorted out most of the lads in our team to be fair. Desperately in need of a level of fear factor, from both our own and opposition players.

Just to give you a laugh on the subject and the height, my Dad is 6ft 3 and I was always far more terrified of my Irish mother. Maybe that's it, JĂźrgen doesn't need a defensive coach, just a strong Irish woman to tell them what's what!

You don't mess with Irish women!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #80: Oct 15, 2017 03:50:30 pm
      Watched bits of Leipzig's win away at Dortmund and was amazed with the speed with which he drove the ball forward, and also the quality of some of his passes. He received a yellow card for a rash tackle but other than that he was the driving force of his team in what was a really great game. I haven't watched the 2nd half but read he was subbed fairly early, don't know the reason. I also thought Kampl was a very astute signing for Leipzig, and he didn't cost them a lot of money.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #81: Oct 15, 2017 04:00:51 pm
      Watched bits of Leipzig's win away at Dortmund and was amazed with the speed with which he drove the ball forward, and also the quality of some of his passes. He received a yellow card for a rash tackle but other than that he was the driving force of his team in what was a really great game. I haven't watched the 2nd half but read he was subbed fairly early, don't know the reason. I also thought Kampl was a very astute signing for Leipzig, and he didn't cost them a lot of money.

I watched it too and I agree. I tried to figure out where exactly he was playing, it looked like a 4-3-3 with him in the middle of the midfield three with license to go forward all the time. So not sure wether it's as a #6 or not. Sometimes it looked like a 4-4-2 too. It will be very interesting to see how Klopp uses him, but probably still thinking he'll use him as an #8. A midfield three of Henderson, Keita, Lallana looks pretty balanced to me.

As you say, quality forward passing, absolutely relentless running, he's everywhere really and very quick with the ball at his feet. Think he ended up getting subbed early because, to be fair, he was a red card walking again. He could've been sent off late in the first half when he stood on a Dortmund player's foot at the touchline. If he hadn't had a yellow card yet, I'm pretty sure that would've been a yellow.
      « Last Edit: Oct 15, 2017 04:04:57 pm by Danzel »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #82: Oct 15, 2017 04:10:25 pm
      I watched it too and I agree. I tried to figure out where exactly he was playing, it looked like a 4-3-3 with him in the middle of the midfield three with license to go forward all the time. So not sure wether it's as a #6 or not. Sometimes it looked like a 4-4-2 too. It will be very interesting to see how Klopp uses him, but probably still thinking he'll use him as an #8. A midfield three of Henderson, Keita, Lallana looks pretty balanced to me.

As you say, quality forward passing, absolutely relentless running, he's everywhere really and very quick with the ball at his feet. Think he ended up getting subbed early because, to be fair, he was a red card walking again. He could've been sent off late in the first half when he stood on a Dortmund player's foot at the touchline. If he hadn't had a yellow card yet, I'm pretty sure that would've been a yellow.

Most of the time I watched Keita he usually had a more defensive minded midfielder with him, usually Diego Demme, so I really don't see him as a def mid, but surely box to box, like a number 8. This time though both teams seemed fairly open, which was one of the reasons why the game was so entertaining. For me it looked a bit like a 4-4-2 with Sabitzer and Bruma on the wings, Keita and Kampl in midfield, with Augustin and Poulsen upfront... Kampl and Keita is quite an attacking midfield but both are quality players
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #83: Oct 15, 2017 04:11:54 pm

Banking on couts leaving then ?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #84: Oct 15, 2017 04:18:05 pm
      Most of the time I watched Keita he usually had a more defensive minded midfielder with him, usually Diego Demme, so I really don't see him as a def mid, but surely box to box, like a number 8. This time though both teams seemed fairly open, which was one of the reasons why the game was so entertaining. For me it looked a bit like a 4-4-2 with Sabitzer and Bruma on the wings, Keita and Kampl in midfield, with Augustin and Poulsen upfront... Kampl and Keita is quite an attacking midfield but both are quality players

Must have been the 4-4-2 then. I saw one of the wingers (Sabitzer or Bruma) move forward often when they pressed and then it looked like a 4-3-3, but a 4-4-2 makes more sense looking at the midfield players. I've seen him play both roles, but as you say, he's a perfect #8. Bruma looked quality too, that lad has some serious pace.

Yes, can't see him staying after this season. With Keita and Alex Klopp has brought in two #8's for next season.

Wijnaldum, Lallana, Keita, Alex is enough in midfield. We'll be looking for another wide player then though I think.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #85: Oct 15, 2017 04:22:48 pm
      Must have been the 4-4-2 then. I saw one of the wingers (Sabitzer or Bruma) move forward often when they pressed and then it looked like a 4-3-3, but a 4-4-2 makes more sense looking at the midfield players. I've seen him play both roles, but as you say, he's a perfect #8. Bruma looked quality too, that lad has some serious pace.

Yes, can't see him staying after this season. With Keita and Alex Klopp has brought in two #8's for next season.

Wijnaldum, Lallana, Keita, Alex is enough in midfield. We'll be looking for another wide player then though I think.

Agreed, a good back up to salah and mane would be helpful
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #86: Oct 15, 2017 07:39:05 pm
      Agreed, a good back up to salah and mane would be helpful

Hopefully Ryan Kent can become that player.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #87: Oct 17, 2017 10:21:15 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #88: Oct 17, 2017 10:43:38 pm
      Think he might edge into our starting XI. ;)

Did we find out what happens if we face them in the competition?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #89: Oct 17, 2017 10:48:02 pm
      Did we find out what happens if we face them in the competition?

Hope to god he's cup tied!  :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #90: Oct 17, 2017 11:00:08 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #91: Oct 17, 2017 11:04:53 pm

The anti-Gini as it stands.

Quick Reply