Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 238268 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #230: Feb 16, 2018 01:09:19 pm
      Not sure what you guys were looking at but I thought he was fantastic. His ball-winning, passing, movement were all quite good. Not a stats guy myself, but take a look at his for this match.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #231: Feb 16, 2018 01:36:37 pm
      Not sure what you guys were looking at but I thought he was fantastic. His ball-winning, passing, movement were all quite good. Not a stats guy myself, but take a look at his for this match.

Hey! I thought he was decent, but wasn't a standout as I felt the players around him didn't look for him as often as they should be. If he puts in that performance for us, he would make a huge difference as he would be the hub of the team, and no doubt our players will be looking for him a lot more than how his team mates used him last few games.

The little things I noticed when he was playing deeper is how quick he is at shifting the ball, positionally aware when needs be, strong and tenacious, but the biggest thing is his decision making on the ball, oh, and the f**ker can actually tackle too!! I'm starting to think a deeper role for him would be suited for him and us.

Another thing I noticed watching last few games, his team mates don't seem to be using him as much as how they did last season, and I suspect it's because they know he is leaving and looking to be less reliant on him.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #232: Feb 16, 2018 01:57:13 pm
      I didn't think it was one of his poorer performances. He was very reserved, but what I liked about this Keita, he showed discipline. I love how he's always looking for the ball, how he looks to pass between the lines and to initiate attacks instead of the safe passes. So so different to how Hendo and Can plays. Would love to know someone's opinion on his game tonight if anyone can be arsed!

Actually thought it was a very interesting side of him we were able to see yesterday. A bit less of the "gung-ho-all-over-the-pitch"-Keita and a bit more "controlled"-Keita in the middle of the pitch. It's good to see he can do that too.

His numbers from yesterday's game look good. He is very quick, shifts the ball well, good forward passing, good dribbler, strong on his feet, tracks his runners well (important!) and good defensively. Thought he had a good game, though obviously helped by the fact that Napoli didn't care at all about this game. All in all I was pretty disappointed. I know their focus is on the Serie A title, but I did expect them to put up more of a fight. Their passing was frankly embarrassing all game, though their (vertical) off the ball movement is a real joy to watch.

Not sure I want to see him as our #6 though because what I've seen so far from him, his long range passing needs improving I think. We'd be better off using him higher up the pitch where his vertical and short passing is of much more use to us in and around the box.

What I've also noticed, not sure if you can confirm that, is that he mainly plays centrally / on the right side of the pitch, which for me confirms the thought I had of a midfield three of Wijnaldum (who is at his best on the left side of the three), Keita (right side) in front of Henderson (or hopefully a new deep midfielder).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #233: Feb 16, 2018 03:02:00 pm
      Not sure I want to see him as our #6 though because what I've seen so far from him, his long range passing needs improving I think. We'd be better off using him higher up the pitch where his vertical and short passing is of much more use to us in and around the box.

I don't think there is a right or wrong in where Keita plays, he really is that good, isn't he? I also agree that his long range passing could be his weakest attribute, but does that matter when his short distribution game is decisive and quick? I also think he is more creative from deep due to his vision and ability to make those through balls. I just feel he can really impose himself being the hub of the team.

What I've also noticed, not sure if you can confirm that, is that he mainly plays centrally / on the right side of the pitch, which for me confirms the thought I had of a midfield three of Wijnaldum (who is at his best on the left side of the three), Keita (right side) in front of Henderson (or hopefully a new deep midfielder).

Last week he was playing right forward, wasn't he? Or was it right midfield? Idk! Week before he was left midfield! ;D! I personally think he should be the focal point of the team in a deeper role, especially with the players we have, but I also wouldnt complain if he became more of a secondary midfielder (box-box) or even an attacking midfielder!!!

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #234: Feb 16, 2018 05:16:11 pm
      Just look at these simple passes, yet so effective, that's how a #6 should distribute. Oh, and the composure too when in tight spaces!

https://twitter.com/footballvids10/status/964282600125878274

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #235: Feb 16, 2018 10:44:40 pm
      For a player that is apparently off form, last game he made 21 recoveries, more than any other Bundesliga player since 2010.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #236: Feb 16, 2018 11:32:12 pm
      Better than any of our current midfielders, nuff said.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #237: Feb 22, 2018 04:43:16 pm
      Our friend is on in 1hr and 15 mins!!! Hopefully, Napoli will field out Jorginho and we'll see a proper midfield battle today!

Edit: Oh, forgot about Keita's injury!!!
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2018 06:02:25 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #238: Feb 22, 2018 06:02:38 pm
      Our friend is on in 1hr and 15 mins!!! Hopefully, Napoli will field out Jorginho and we'll see a proper midfield battle today!
      Channel?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #239: Feb 22, 2018 06:18:41 pm

Don't bother!! He is injured
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #240: Feb 23, 2018 12:11:12 am

Read he's likely out the rest of the season with a thigh injury. Good news for us I guess....RB will be pissed they didn't take the extra dough to give him to us in January...now they get neither the money or the player. Tools.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #241: Feb 23, 2018 12:13:11 am
      Read he's likely out the rest of the season with a thigh injury. Good news for us I guess....RB will be pissed they didn't take the extra dough to give him to us in January...now they get neither the money or the player. Tools.
      Excellent. Now an injury to Coutinho would make it all complete.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #242: Mar 04, 2018 10:57:09 am
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #243: Mar 04, 2018 01:47:10 pm
      With this lad in our midfield next season, we will be absolutely fearsome and there will be depth across the squad that we haven’t had in a long, long time.

Exciting times ahead!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #244: Mar 04, 2018 01:51:48 pm
      With this lad in our midfield next season, we will be absolutely fearsome and there will be depth across the squad that we haven’t had in a long, long time.

Exciting times ahead!

Looking forward to next season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #245: Mar 04, 2018 06:15:55 pm

Exciting times ahead!

Absolutely.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #246: Mar 04, 2018 06:18:56 pm

Only downside is the shithouse refs in this country will love him aswell
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #247: Mar 04, 2018 07:33:41 pm
      His vision is instinctive ... you can't teach that.
      Great balance.
      His passing skills are amazing.

Can see an Alonso and de Bruyne in him.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #248: Mar 08, 2018 07:36:23 pm
      Keita on BT Sports! Lets watch it together guys!!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #249: Mar 08, 2018 08:54:11 pm
      Anyone watching Keita? I seriously wonder if his natural position is #6. Looks at home there.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #250: Mar 08, 2018 11:02:17 pm
      Anyone watching Keita? I seriously wonder if his natural position is #6. Looks at home there.

That would be perfect. Who know's what Klopp's going to do with him? He always has a knack of finding that perfect position for players and they end up doing a role that none of us amongst the fans or the press saw. I remember reading an interview of his when he was Dortmund manager where he was aghast at the way Ferguson was playing his ex player Kagawa on the left wing!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #251: Mar 09, 2018 12:30:53 am
      Watched Naby tonight and I thought he was good, not great. His best moment of course came in the 2nd half, making a surging run  through the middle, sidestepping two challenges and playing a perfect pass to make it 2 -0. Mostly he played simply and kept possession, although he also gave it away a couple of times. I've seen him play better but as I say, he was alright and produced the one special moment. He was running into the box more toward the end.

Still think he'll be more of a box to box mid than a #8 or a #6. We'll see.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #252: Mar 18, 2018 06:22:30 pm
      Anyone watching the Leipzig-Bayern game?Naby has monumental so far. A goal and an assist.

Can't wait to see him in our midfield, hopefully alongside Jorginho too ☺

Quick Reply