Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235173 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #253: Mar 18, 2018 07:18:56 pm
      Anyone watching the Leipzig-Bayern game?Naby has monumental so far. A goal and an assist.

Can't wait to see him in our midfield, hopefully alongside Jorginho too ☺

Wtf? When was this on? Omg! I will have to catch the full replay later :(
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #254: Mar 18, 2018 07:26:27 pm
      Wtf? When was this on? Omg! I will have to catch the full replay later :(

Was on BT Sport 3 from 5
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #255: Mar 18, 2018 08:04:00 pm
      Anyone watching the Leipzig-Bayern game?Naby has monumental so far. A goal and an assist.

Can't wait to see him in our midfield, hopefully alongside Jorginho too ☺

Just 3 1/2 months before he puts on a Liverpool jersey!!!!

Agree he was outstanding today against top opposition.

bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #256: Mar 18, 2018 08:29:12 pm
      From the report, seems to have done really well. And got his goal. Should be another good addition by Jürgen...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #257: Mar 18, 2018 09:46:54 pm
      He's going to revitalise our midfield big time I feel. The one area of the field that hasn't been addressed sufficiently but his signing will go a long way to getting the ideal midfield. At the moment I feel it's all industry and little quality in the middle of the park for us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #258: Mar 18, 2018 10:00:07 pm
      He's going to revitalise our midfield big time I feel. The one area of the field that hasn't been addressed sufficiently but his signing will go a long way to getting the ideal midfield. At the moment I feel it's all industry and little quality in the middle of the park for us.

Without question!!

I don't want to get into details with how average our midfielders are in possession, but if Keita is played in an adv role, then we really need a new #6, otherwise we'll be seeing Keita dropping deep a lot!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #259: Mar 18, 2018 11:37:57 pm
      Exciting times ahead.
      As the previous post stated, we have addressed a lot of the key areas of our team but midfield is the last one needing investment.
      Naby and one other top quality player who is a defensive midfield / #6 type and we will be so much closer to city next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #260: Mar 19, 2018 06:55:42 am
      Exciting times ahead.
      As the previous post stated, we have addressed a lot of the key areas of our team but midfield is the last one needing investment.
      Naby and one other top quality player who is a defensive midfield / #6 type and we will be so much closer to city next season.

I liked the look of that N'Zonzi fella from Sevilla. He was a beast against United in the Champs League. He any good mate?

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #261: Mar 19, 2018 10:21:39 am
      I liked the look of that N'Zonzi fella from Sevilla. He was a beast against United in the Champs League. He any good mate?

€40m release clause does look attractive! Fell out with the manager after he was hooked off at half time against us and then didnt feature for a few weeks. Must have reconciled with everyone and is back to his best. Was heavily linked with the Arse in January cos of the fall-out!

Back to Naby, think he played a slightly advanced role last night. His understanding with Timo Werner was fantastic and the two combined to great effect until Naby was substituted
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #262: Mar 19, 2018 10:52:43 am

He's a c**t  :f_whistle:
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #263: Mar 19, 2018 02:04:19 pm
      Might be the fact we've had to wait a year for him but I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a new signing. Played very, very well last night too.

Yep, with the rumours of a more defensive minded midfielder and a 'Coutinho replacement', it wouldn't surprise me if we lined up with a completely new looking midfield next season. Could be the final bit of the puzzle.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #264: Mar 20, 2018 02:05:40 pm
      Might be the fact we've had to wait a year for him but I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a new signing. Played very, very well last night too.

Yep, with the rumours of a more defensive minded midfielder and a 'Coutinho replacement', it wouldn't surprise me if we lined up with a completely new looking midfield next season. Could be the final bit of the puzzle.

Exactly! May be we'll go back for Brandt again since he was the "original" target last summer and then we switched our attention to Mo! Thanks Julian for staying back at Leverkusen  ;D

In fact, I'll be very happy if we are to target any of Leverkusen's 3 attacking mids - Havertz, Bailey or Brandt!
      « Last Edit: Mar 20, 2018 02:20:53 pm by Vicks86 »
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #265: Mar 20, 2018 08:35:22 pm
      Exactly! May be we'll go back for Brandt again since he was the "original" target last summer and then we switched our attention to Mo! Thanks Julian for staying back at Leverkusen  ;D

In fact, I'll be very happy if we are to target any of Leverkusen's 3 attacking mids - Havertz, Bailey or Brandt!

Brandt is supposed to have an insanely low release clause that becomes active thus summer
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #266: Mar 20, 2018 09:54:24 pm

So are you but we keep you around.  :f_whistle: :f_whistle: :f_whistle:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #267: Mar 20, 2018 11:02:21 pm
      First time watching this lad other than in highlight reels.

He was superb against Bayern and ran the show, by far the most influential player on that pitch until he came of injured.

Fed Werner with another 2 clear cut chances which he failed to convert.

Can't wait to see him in our midfield.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #268: Apr 08, 2018 12:36:04 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smQ-1myiuBQ

I actually see a lot of similarities between Keita and Wijnaldum, but the big difference is, Keita seems to be more confident/assertive of his abilities.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #269: Apr 08, 2018 03:00:47 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smQ-1myiuBQ

I actually see a lot of similarities between Keita and Wijnaldum, but the big difference is, Keita seems to be more confident/assertive of his abilities.

Certainly they both have excellent close control in crowded areas in the middle of the pitch but I think Keita will offer a lot more than Gini. Just about everything he does is forward thinking whether it.s his dribbling to break lines or his excellent through balls (his weight of pass is very very good - Salah will love him!). I wish we bloody had the lad now!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #270: Apr 12, 2018 05:57:42 pm
      Guys, I predict a masterclass performance by Keita vs Marseille tonight, let's all watch it together! 19:45 BST kick off on BT Sports!!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #271: Apr 12, 2018 06:05:50 pm
      Certainly they both have excellent close control in crowded areas in the middle of the pitch but I think Keita will offer a lot more than Gini. Just about everything he does is forward thinking whether it.s his dribbling to break lines or his excellent through balls (his weight of pass is very very good - Salah will love him!). I wish we bloody had the lad now!

i think there is a lot of room for improvement with Gini, I expect him to become one of our most important midfielders in years to come.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #272: Apr 12, 2018 06:21:27 pm
      i think there is a lot of room for improvement with Gini, I expect him to become one of our most important midfielders in years to come.

I don't quite see it myself, he's been a solid purchase but I think he will likely continue as a squad player for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong I quite like him but I cant see a long-term role in a starting 11 of a side that challenges for the title.   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #273: Apr 12, 2018 06:34:23 pm
      I don't quite see it myself, he's been a solid purchase but I think he will likely continue as a squad player for the foreseeable future. Don't get me wrong I quite like him but I cant see a long-term role in a starting 11 of a side that challenges for the title.   

I think one of his biggest problems is that he doesn't know how good he is. He is also best suited to a pass and move team, can you imagine Wijnaldum under Guardiola?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #274: Apr 12, 2018 08:54:53 pm
      Keita not having the best of games. Has been playing right attack, but after 40 mins, he is moved centrally. Finally get to see how he does 2nd half in his natural position.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #275: Apr 12, 2018 09:20:12 pm
      Keita not having the best of games. Has been playing right attack, but after 40 mins, he is moved centrally. Finally get to see how he does 2nd half in his natural position.

Not watching that game but he's just got an assist! haha

Quick Reply