Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235307 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #391: Aug 15, 2018 08:46:38 pm
      This! How many times do you see the right option being used but the ball is not direct enough and the attack instantly slows down.

It was a lovely weighted ball in the danger area.

His weight of pass was the thing that really jumped out in all the vids/reels from his last couple of seasons in Germany. Salah and Mane will absolutely love playing with this lad. He’ll set up 10 goals for them this season
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #392: Aug 15, 2018 09:04:01 pm
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #393: Aug 25, 2018 07:42:42 pm
      Didn't quite work for him today. Sometimes I think he's got a bit too close to the front three which stifles Firmino and Mane who are both really good at retrieving from deep. I'd like to see him a bit further back and release it quicker to the front three from there. We don't really need a 'number 10' there as evidenced by the fact that Coutinho left and if anything our front three only got better.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #394: Aug 25, 2018 07:45:07 pm
      Didn't quite work for him today. Sometimes I think he's got a bit too close to the front three which stifles Firmino and Mane who are both really good at retrieving from deep. I'd like to see him a bit further back and release it quicker to the front three from there. We don't really need a 'number 10' there as evidenced by the fact that Coutinho left and if anything our front three only got better.

Couldn't agree more. I still feel a double piviot or have Keita as our 6 is the better option and would bring the best out of Keita.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #395: Aug 26, 2018 06:03:59 pm
      He's still raw, but has huge potential. The very fact he starts right away while guys like Ox and Fabinho needed time to adapt should tell what potential he has.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #396: Aug 26, 2018 07:23:58 pm
      He's still raw, but has huge potential. The very fact he starts right away while guys like Ox and Fabinho needed time to adapt should tell what potential he has.

I thought after you posted that Jürgen was a back stabber that you might be a wum, but now you not knowing that Ox is out injured for the season just confirmed it!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #397: Aug 26, 2018 08:27:06 pm
      I thought after you posted that Jürgen was a back stabber that you might be a wum, but now you not knowing that Ox is out injured for the season just confirmed it!

Or possibly he is talking about when Ox arrived last year he took time to go into the first team
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #398: Sep 30, 2018 07:36:37 pm
      Time to elevate this lad to the starting line up for me. I like the way Klopp likes to gradually blood new players but Keita looks ready for prime time. He gives us so much mobility in there when he plays, added to which he plays on the half turn and is comfortably our most forward thinking midfielder. Has to start on Sunday vs City.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #399: Sep 30, 2018 08:12:45 pm
      Time to elevate this lad to the starting line up for me. I like the way Klopp likes to gradually blood new players but Keita looks ready for prime time. He gives us so much mobility in there when he plays, added to which he plays on the half turn and is comfortably our most forward thinking midfielder. Has to start on Sunday vs City.

Had a great cameo vs Chelsea, didn't he? Saving heading right at the death and some sumptuous attacking play. He needs to be a 100% starter, and as you mentioned, he is our most forward thinking midfielder. I still dream of him and Fabinho/Wijnaldum in a double pivot with Shaqiri as the 10!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #400: Sep 30, 2018 08:40:08 pm
      Had a great cameo vs Chelsea, didn't he? Saving heading right at the death and some sumptuous attacking play. He needs to be a 100% starter, and as you mentioned, he is our most forward thinking midfielder. I still dream of him and Fabinho/Wijnaldum in a double pivot with Shaqiri as the 10!!

It will happen but not whilst the games are coming thick & fast.. Klopp you may have noticed has gone with the tried and tested midfield players..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #401: Sep 30, 2018 09:46:40 pm
      Milner - Wijnaldum - Keita

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #402: Sep 30, 2018 09:54:44 pm
      Think Keita is well worth a starting place, by now. Why sign the player otherwise ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #403: Sep 30, 2018 09:58:42 pm
      Think Keita is well worth a starting place, by now. Why sign the player otherwise ?

To keep Mane happy :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #404: Oct 01, 2018 06:11:48 pm

Maybe Klopp likes to have options and wants players fighting to show they should be starting.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #405: Oct 01, 2018 10:12:33 pm
      Maybe Klopp likes to have options and wants players fighting to show they should be starting.

Shrewd thinking by Klopp, keeping everyone on their toes, so to speak.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #406: Oct 04, 2018 07:41:17 am
      Went to hospital for 'emergency health checks' apparently 😔
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #407: Oct 04, 2018 07:44:09 am
      Wonder if it happened in warm up - his decision making, passing and everything was shot to sh*t last night.

I thought he was a liability while he played - not the player we waited for and have we’ve already seen in patches.

Hope he’s fit soon.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #408: Oct 04, 2018 09:49:43 am
      Given the all clear thankfully.

While im here though he's not made the impact I thought he would. There are glimpses but there needs to be a lot more consistent in hia game and I'm hoping that comes the more he settles to his new surroundings.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #409: Oct 04, 2018 09:51:15 am

While im here though he's not made the impact I thought he would. There are glimpses but there needs to be a lot more consistent in hia game and I'm hoping that comes the more he settles to his new surroundings.

Will come when his communication improves.
      Movement is there but often it's too similar to the front 3.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #410: Oct 04, 2018 09:56:36 am
      Wonder if it happened in warm up - his decision making, passing and everything was shot to sh*t last night.

I thought he was a liability while he played - not the player we waited for and have we’ve already seen in patches.

Hope he’s fit soon.

I agree, he didn't look right from the first whistle.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #411: Oct 04, 2018 09:58:53 am

That is very good news. I've seen more than enough already to suggest that both he and Fabinho will be superb additions to the team, they just need to "get" the system a bit more but even at this time I'd be starting them both, certainly Keita and we desperately need more creativity in midfield.
      Plus can we please go and buy Fekir in January, that lad is wasted in the Lyon team.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #412: Oct 04, 2018 10:22:47 am
      Clearly he was having a back issue since the beginning of the game which explains his poor performance before be went off.

The guy is pure quality he hasn't shown close to his capabilities yet.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #413: Oct 04, 2018 10:22:58 am
      I love this guy, think he'll be an incredible player for us but last night was horrible. Not sure he managed to keep hold of the ball once, and hate to say it but it was almost a case of putting him out of his misery when he went off. Hope it's just the fact he was carrying an injury but his control, decision making and execution was way off.

Quick Reply