Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235197 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #460: Nov 29, 2018 11:34:56 pm
      Had more dribbles in 20 minutes then the other 3 combined.Wow.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #461: Nov 29, 2018 11:41:25 pm
      Keita is da man that could force Jürgen to axe Henderson. Keita is so much better. I hope he plays and big against Everton to convince the boss he's in the 1st eleven from now on. I can't stand Henderson's housewife football anymore.

Housewife football ha ha
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #462: Nov 30, 2018 08:31:53 am
      Had more dribbles in 20 minutes then the other 3 combined.Wow.

Has Henderson EVER dribbled the ball or made a forward run?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #463: Nov 30, 2018 08:36:41 am
      Has Henderson EVER dribbled the ball or made a forward run?
      he did once, then he turned around remembering sides swap sides at half time.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #464: Nov 30, 2018 08:51:31 am
      he did once, then he turned around remembering sides swap sides at half time.

Good one ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #465: Nov 30, 2018 09:28:02 am
      Time to throw this lad in from the start and see what he’s made of but I don’t think it will happen at the weekend. Expect to see Milner-Gini and Shakiri line up for the derby. Personally I’d have Keita in for Gini who has dipped a little bit of late.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #466: Nov 30, 2018 03:05:36 pm
      I have something in my head for some time now but I'm not sure I can explain it properly in English so please forgive any mistake :D

I think is it due to lack of quality of players to play alongside Naby (and also Fabinho) that make Klopp struggle to ease him into games. I mean the like of Hendo, Gini or Milner themselves are not at the level to tolerate the mistakes if any made by new/younger teammate who trying to settle into the team.  Please see the way Gomez adapt superbly into the team with world class partner such as VvD.  Or when we have Suarez we can ease Sterling into the team to let him develop.  Currently our midfielders no one even close to the level of VvD or Suarez so Klopp reluctant to introduce Naby or Fabinho into games that the result is really important.

It's like Klopp do not trust the old guards than he do not trust his new signings.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #467: Nov 30, 2018 03:11:28 pm
      I have something in my head for some time now but I'm not sure I can explain it properly in English so please forgive any mistake :D

I think is it due to lack of quality of players to play alongside Naby (and also Fabinho) that make Klopp struggle to ease him into games. I mean the like of Hendo, Gini or Milner themselves are not at the level to tolerate the mistakes if any made by new/younger teammate who trying to settle into the team.  Please see the way Gomez adapt superbly into the team with world class partner such as VvD.  Or when we have Suarez we can ease Sterling into the team to let him develop.  Currently our midfielders no one even close to the level of VvD or Suarez so Klopp reluctant to introduce Naby or Fabinho into games that the result is really important.

It's like Klopp do not trust the old guards than he do not trust his new signings.

I think that is spot on, but I fing that odd, these aren't rookie players, they are all highly regarded international players. Klopp has to just take a chance on them, it might be one step back before you can move forwards but its certainly clear now that the future cannot be Henderson and Milner as a midfield duo.
      Against Everton I would be tempted to play Milner purely for his physical presence but I'd play him together with Fabinho and Keita or perhaps Gini and Shaquiri. I would then over the next few weeks get to a position where our main midfield would be Fabinho, Keita/Gini and Shaquiri.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #468: Nov 30, 2018 05:15:38 pm
      I think that is spot on, but I fing that odd, these aren't rookie players, they are all highly regarded international players. Klopp has to just take a chance on them, it might be one step back before you can move forwards but its certainly clear now that the future cannot be Henderson and Milner as a midfield duo.
      Against Everton I would be tempted to play Milner purely for his physical presence but I'd play him together with Fabinho and Keita or perhaps Gini and Shaquiri. I would then over the next few weeks get to a position where our main midfield would be Fabinho, Keita/Gini and Shaquiri.

I’m not sold on Fabinho yet, particularly in a game where the pace is frenetic and is not a lot of space in midfield. He looks good when the oppo are sitting off and he’s got time (much like Can did) but he is a bit clumsy/slow in possession when the heckled are flying in and he is also slow on the turn. For all the criticism Henderson gets he is quicker around the pitch than stab and he moves the ball more quickly (even if it sideways for much of the time). As for Keita he could be that marquee player that Skol has referred to, the one that lifts the performances of the others around him. He just needs a run of games and to stay fit.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #469: Dec 02, 2018 06:42:03 pm
      Can see why he's not starting games, looked off the pace and had no real influence.
      Plenty of time though, needs to get his sharpness back.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #470: Dec 02, 2018 08:31:30 pm
      Can see why he's not starting games, looked off the pace and had no real influence.
      Plenty of time though, needs to get his sharpness back.

I think we need to try starting him. He played well the first 3 or 4 games of the season when he was starting, as did the team. Since then he has been getting bit parts - very hard for him to really get his sharpness ( and confidence) up playing wee cameos all the time. If we were playing great without him then I'd say fine, he'll have to wait, but we really need more link up play from midfield to attack, which on paper is what he is all about - think we need to give him a run in the team and see how he gets on.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #471: Dec 02, 2018 08:37:30 pm
      I think we need to try starting him. He played well the first 3 or 4 games of the season when he was starting, as did the team. Since then he has been getting bit parts - very hard for him to really get his sharpness ( and confidence) up playing wee cameos all the time. If we were playing great without him then I'd say fine, he'll have to wait, but we really need more link up play from midfield to attack, which on paper is what he is all about - think we need to give him a run in the team and see how he gets on.

Yea, started well, but the injury set him back. Just looks a bit off starting XI form imho, just needs to keep working hard in training and take his chance when it comes. We need them competing for places. Really hoping he'll be great when he gets going..
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #472: Dec 02, 2018 09:00:01 pm
      Yea, started well, but the injury set him back. Just looks a bit off starting XI form imho, just needs to keep working hard in training and take his chance when it comes. We need them competing for places. Really hoping he'll be great when he gets going..

He pretty much ticks all the boxes for what we need. I'd be surprised if he doesn't turn out to be great signing. I'd get him in there now just cos I think we are looking flat and needing freshened up. But obviously we are not seeing all that Jürgen is seeing in training etc, so I could well be wrong. Purely as somebody on the outside looking in I'd take a chance on starting him again now, but either way I think he will work out well for us in the long run.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #473: Dec 02, 2018 09:04:12 pm
      He is clearly not yet feeling at home here at Anfield but a bit like Fab come the New Year they could prove pivotal to our challenge for silverware. Still smiling ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #474: Dec 05, 2018 09:52:52 pm
      Finally landed tonight. Only bright spark in that first half and he got better and better as he was surrounded by more talented players as the 2nd half wore on.

Was so excited to sign him so hopefully he can really push on from here.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #475: Dec 05, 2018 09:56:12 pm
      Well done Naby came alive tonight pity hart got a finger to that ball would have been a great way to open your account  ,good to have a midfielder driving forward .
      joemack
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts | 13 
      Reply #476: Dec 05, 2018 10:03:48 pm
      Naby MOTM for me tonight, top save from Hart to deny him a great goal, couple of blocks later on to deny him as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #477: Dec 05, 2018 10:07:11 pm
      Starting to see the Naby we were all expecting from the start, he is a star in the making.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #478: Dec 05, 2018 10:14:09 pm
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #479: Dec 05, 2018 10:18:52 pm
      played really well,some power in that shot.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #480: Dec 06, 2018 07:00:15 am
      Was a class above last night. Really excited to see how good this lad can be. Will be one of the first names on the team sheet before long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uz-MwmZcNs

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #481: Dec 06, 2018 07:56:26 am
      Was a class above last night. Really excited to see how good this lad can be. Will be one of the first names on the team sheet before long.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5Uz-MwmZcNs

He is going to be a rolls royce of a player - once he is used to the pace and physical nature of the game.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #482: Dec 06, 2018 08:42:45 am
      He is going to be a rolls royce of a player - once he is used to the pace and physical nature of the game.

Looked like he was up for the battle early on and then just got better and better.

If only that rocket went in the top bin.

Quick Reply