Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235209 times
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #529: Jan 04, 2019 01:02:33 pm
      If you didn't only start watching Liverpool FC 3 months ago you would know Klopp beds his new players in slowly and does not integrate them into the starting 11 until he is confident they are ready.

Not players of Keita's caliber. VVD started right away and Keita - talentwise - is in VVD's category. Therefore it's suspicious. Keita has the potential to compete with Mbappe or Neymar in terms of superstardom. That's how talented he is but you don't see it yet. Just wondering, of course we can nothing do than be patient, Jürgen won't throw Keita under the bus publicly.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #530: Jan 04, 2019 01:50:53 pm
      If you didn't only start watching Liverpool FC 3 months ago you would know Klopp beds his new players in slowly and does not integrate them into the starting 11 until he is confident they are ready.

So clearly Keita is not ready yet.

Not ready? If I remember correctly before his first injury he was setting the world on fire as he got game time. Something's up...either Jürgen isn't happy with his performances or his fitness is off or something. It's just weird. Although, Jürgen does tend to pick the Milner-Hendo-Gini midfield for our biggest opponents.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #531: Jan 04, 2019 01:53:21 pm
      Not ready? If I remember correctly before his first injury he was setting the world on fire as he got game time. Something's up...either Jürgen isn't happy with his performances or his fitness is off or something. It's just weird. Although, Jürgen does tend to pick the Milner-Hendo-Gini midfield for our biggest opponents.

He really wasn’t mate.

Looked excellent against West Ham but been troubled with niggles on and off since.

Never looked anything like the player he’s gonna be other than that match and a half decent game vs Burnley.

Absolutely no performance basis for picking him to start last night.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #532: Jan 04, 2019 03:58:58 pm
      Really needs to start showing something. By this stage I think we’d all have been expecting him to be one of the first names on the team sheet, especially when it came to playing City.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #533: Jan 04, 2019 04:01:10 pm
      Really needs to start showing something. By this stage I think we’d all have been expecting him to be one of the first names on the team sheet, especially when it came to playing City.

Those few niggles and knocks just slowed any real runs in the team, we have a much kinder second half of the season, there’ll be no lack of games. To be honest I can see him getting the 90 against Wolves.

But I do agree, we would all have hoped for more of him at this point.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #534: Jan 04, 2019 04:09:40 pm
      Mahrez and the Kante are not big fellas I think Naby will come good very soon and he will be like an explosion of positivity
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #535: Jan 04, 2019 05:59:48 pm
      Best CM at the club.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #536: Jan 07, 2019 01:48:08 am
      Not players of Keita's caliber. VVD started right away and Keita - talentwise - is in VVD's category. Therefore it's suspicious. Keita has the potential to compete with Mbappe or Neymar in terms of superstardom. That's how talented he is but you don't see it yet. Just wondering, of course we can nothing do than be patient, Jürgen won't throw Keita under the bus publicly.

Naby may go on and light the world on fire, or at the very least he easily gets into the starting 11 for years to come, but to compare his talent to VVD isn’t accurate. VVD immediately made us better and performed night in and night out. Naby hasn’t done that, if he had it would be impossible to keep him out the 11. VVD took us from pretenders to contenders over night. He’s the best CB in the world. I don’t see that in Kieta.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #537: Jan 07, 2019 07:04:46 am
      I personal believe Keita will be one of the best midfielders in Europe come next season
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #538: Jan 07, 2019 08:06:37 am
      I personal believe Keita will be one of the best midfielders in Europe come next season

I would like to see him be the best midfielder in Europe this season and help us win the league.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #539: Jan 07, 2019 08:33:33 am
      Every time I've seen him he looks very promising, perhaps he's one of those players who needs a good run of games, lets keep him in the midfield for the next 3-4 games and rotate others in alongside him, if he still doesn't make the grade then we reevaluate then.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #540: Jan 07, 2019 08:40:54 am
      Every time I've seen him he looks very promising, perhaps he's one of those players who needs a good run of games, lets keep him in the midfield for the next 3-4 games and rotate others in alongside him, if he still doesn't make the grade then we reevaluate then.

I think that is the problem he has not had a good run of matches to establish himself in the team.Also I think he has carried a few injuries this season.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #541: Jan 07, 2019 08:59:35 am
      I think that is the problem he has not had a good run of matches to establish himself in the team.Also I think he has carried a few injuries this season.

He’s a huge talent and will be a star I think Billy.

BUT

Let’s not beat about the bush - other than maybe a game and a half (West Ham / Burnley) - he’s not given Jürgen anything like a selection headache so far with his performances.....

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #542: Jan 07, 2019 09:24:13 am
      I think we'll see the best of him next season after he settles in the league.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #543: Jan 07, 2019 09:25:38 am

Agreed Si
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #544: Jan 07, 2019 09:26:38 am

BUT

Let’s not beat about the bush - other than maybe a game and a half (West Ham / Burnley) - he’s not given Jürgen anything like a selection headache so far with his performances.....

I'd love to see Keita and Fabinho given a good run of games now to establish themselves in the team, with otther midfielders rotated in, this would give them good game time and give the other midfielders a bit of a breather.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #545: Jan 07, 2019 01:20:15 pm

Think he'll be on fire once he overcomes the language barrier and his injury niggles.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #546: Jan 07, 2019 09:51:04 pm
      Showed why he's not in the PL starting XI. Or even coming on as sub.
      Don't know what's up with him - he doesn't look sharp, or even too interested.
      Will be patient, but expect a LOT more from a big signing.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #547: Jan 07, 2019 10:09:35 pm
      Runs up too many blind alleys, needs to get passes off a lot quicker.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #548: Jan 07, 2019 10:11:21 pm
      Stick with him v Brighton. Needs cobfidence neefs a goal neefs a run of games
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #549: Jan 07, 2019 10:33:24 pm
      Showed why he's not in the PL starting XI. Or even coming on as sub.
      Don't know what's up with him - he doesn't look sharp, or even too interested.
      Will be patient, but expect a LOT more from a big signing.

He lacks match sharpness didn’t help tonight playing behind two youngsters and Moreno, the titanic next to him and two immovable objects up front!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #550: Jan 07, 2019 10:42:41 pm
      He lacks match sharpness didn’t help tonight playing behind two youngsters and Moreno, the titanic next to him and two immovable objects up front!

hope your right mate I am a big fan and I want to see a Naby from last season he would have destroyed Wolves tonight
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #551: Jan 07, 2019 10:44:04 pm

BUT

he seems to have no confidence at present I want to see him attacking and destroying teams he can do it we need to support him

Quick Reply