Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235161 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #552: Jan 07, 2019 10:48:14 pm
      hope your right mate I am a big fan and I want to see a Naby from last season he would have destroyed Wolves tonight

First start for him in ages playing alongside Milner as a No 6 who was very very poor tonight, Curtis Jones stuck out on the left, I’m surprised he didn’t have a word with Klopp with that set up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #553: Jan 07, 2019 10:52:19 pm
      First start for him in ages playing alongside Milner as a No 6 who was very very poor tonight, Curtis Jones stuck out on the left, I’m surprised he didn’t have a word with Klopp with that set up.

It's as bad I've seen Milner play in a long time.

First half seemed to take it on himself to babysit Hoever and Camacho for some weird reason and second half he may as well sat in the stands or found the space that Sturridge was hiding in.
      « Last Edit: Jan 07, 2019 10:58:48 pm by srslfc »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #554: Jan 07, 2019 11:08:04 pm
      The signing i was most excited about. I was in anticipation of a Kante/Iniesta hybrid.

Not sure so far at all. Even at his best he takes too many touches and goes down lanes the forwards want to go down.

Honestly as it stands with us being out of all domestic cups he could find game time hard to find for the rest of the season.

If Ox comes back in any sort of form next season then this could be a short stay here.

There's time yet but for the moment he has the least presence of our midfield players.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #555: Jan 08, 2019 08:34:02 am
      Was very average tonight however you put him in a team with attackers that actually offer some movement is where I see us getting the best out of him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #556: Jan 08, 2019 09:14:47 am
      Think he'll be on fire once he overcomes the language barrier and his injury niggles.

And when he learns to pass the ball before it’s too late.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #557: Jan 08, 2019 09:31:42 am
      And when he learns to pass the ball before it’s too late.

he kept on over running the ball and losing it which had nothing to do with the way the team set up. I cant remember him making many tackles either he is just a shadow of the player we thought he was.
      RedKop114
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      Reply #558: Jan 08, 2019 09:33:29 am
      It wasn't the best match from Keita, but everyone played bad against Wolves. He is going to be back in form against Brighton.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #559: Jan 08, 2019 09:39:54 am
      Very poor display from Keita, but the whole team seemed low in moral and confidence yesterday and no wonder with so much chopping and changing. There is a player there but I sense that Klopp maybe doesn't like/rate him or there is some other kind of issue there, hopefully he'll come good but I'm starting to have some doubts whether he is the right fit for us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #560: Jan 08, 2019 09:40:24 am
      he kept on over running the ball and losing it which had nothing to do with the way the team set up. I cant remember him making many tackles either he is just a shadow of the player we thought he was.

He mad more tackles than Milner, Jones and Shaq combined!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #561: Jan 11, 2019 03:24:30 pm
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #562: Jan 11, 2019 03:33:29 pm
      He'll be fine.

He just needs time.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #563: Jan 11, 2019 07:25:52 pm
      He'll be fine.

He just needs time.

Think he starts Saturday?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #564: Jan 11, 2019 07:27:01 pm

Yes hopefully anyway.

Naby needs a run of games.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #565: Jan 11, 2019 08:22:10 pm

No idea mate.

I don't get involved in the "predict the team" thing.
      It's not my thing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #566: Jan 11, 2019 08:27:53 pm
      He'll be fine.

He just needs time.

A run of games in a row in his bedt position and hell be magic..might well be our main weapon in the title race
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #567: Jan 19, 2019 07:21:55 pm
      An assist today and was always looking for the ball. Unfortunately Naby still didn't look confident on the ball and his passing was a bit sloppy.

Playing on the left wing isn't doing his confidence any favours. He is a CM and a CM only. Hopefully he gets a crack in his proper position before the season is out to build some confidence. I still think he will be a good player for us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #568: Jan 19, 2019 07:29:42 pm
      He is a CM and a CM only. Hopefully he gets a crack in his proper position before the season is out to build some confidence. I still think he will be a good player for us.

Exactly. And whilst he has had some good games as a AML/AMC, he is far more effective and influential in the CM areas where Hendo/Fab played today. I hope he gets a chance in the double pivot for us soon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #569: Jan 19, 2019 07:44:58 pm
      That left side of the midfield is just no good for him, completely unsuited, needs to be going more central.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #570: Jan 19, 2019 07:57:11 pm
      I still think Naby will make it @LFC but I am not sure if this season. I hope Ox comes back quickly. We need someone who can take off from midfield.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #571: Jan 19, 2019 08:11:42 pm
      Registered his first assist today, hopefully it will give him some confidence.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #572: Jan 19, 2019 10:02:52 pm
      Exactly. And whilst he has had some good games as an AML/AMC, he is far more effective and influential in the CM areas where Hendo/Fab played today. I hope he gets a chance in the double pivot for us soon.

To be completely honest, I don't want to see him anywhere near CM in the near future, based on current performances. I think the only reason why he started instead of Shaqiri today, is because Klopp switched Mane to the right side of the attack to help Milner out with Van Aanholt and Zaha. Mane's pace made sure Van Aanholt wasn't pushing too high up the pitch. Shaqiri would've given far less cover and isn't as good defensively. That left open the left side of the attack where he chose Keita over someone like Origi because Keita should be more than capable of playing in that left half-space while also making sure we keep the midfield closed. He has all the skills to play there, even though it may not be his best position.

I remember Klopp playing Oxlade-Chamberlain in the wide positions too before he was moved into midfield. The fact that, since our midfielders have all been fit, Keita has barely played in midfield, tells me he just doesn't trust him yet. As long as Keita isn't fully up to speed with the tactics, the way we press, the way we move the ball, how to position himself, ... He is going to leave gaps in our shape for the opposition to exploit. The good thing is that Klopp IS playing him, that shows he does want to give him to opportunity. It just won't be in his preferred position any time soon, or at least not for an extended run of games.

He has the exact same issues Oxlade-Chamberlain had and that Fabinho had early on too. He is thinking too much about where he has to be, what he has to do and when to do it and then you get situations where he is running too long with the ball, gets into other player's way, is picking up the wrong positions, ... You can see him thinking. Some players just take longer to adapt. I remember Gundogan saying it takes players up to a year to get fully up to speed with the way of playing. He is young, he has time on his side and he clearly is talented. We'll just have to be patient.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #573: Jan 19, 2019 11:36:21 pm
      Was getting pretty frustrated with him last night. Constantly losing the ball and turning it over. Was screaming for Jürgen to sub him off at HT and bring on Shaq.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #574: Jan 20, 2019 05:09:08 pm
      He's been frustrating to watch hope his form improves

Quick Reply