Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235390 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #690: Feb 11, 2019 09:28:29 pm

Most telling stat from that article for me was his passing accuracy % being higher than any other player in the team. As, the three games prior he was being quite wasteful in possession but that's quite the turn around, obviously he needs to continue in that vain but looks like his improving most definetlety.

Apart from Salah he is the player I am most excited to watch in the team and I just hope he continues improving.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #691: Feb 12, 2019 07:33:51 am
      Perfect timing...keep on improving Naby!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #692: Feb 12, 2019 02:26:52 pm

I noticed during the game (and watching this again reminded me) that he pulled off a number of deft little touches and quick passes that ended up being turnovers because his teammates seemed surprised or unready for him to pull them off. I think as they all get used to playing with him, their improvement in reading his game will only make his performances look even better (if that makes sense).
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #693: Feb 12, 2019 09:37:33 pm
      Just watching Veratti, who can’t be much bigger or heavier than Naby, and as well as being extremely talented, he is a physical wee sh*te. Would like to see more of this from Naby.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #694: Feb 12, 2019 09:46:45 pm
      The penny is dropping for Naby just like Fab and just at a time when every game is so important. He will be fresh and strong in the run in I can only see him having a major impact in the next few months
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #695: Feb 13, 2019 01:22:52 am
      Just watching Veratti, who can’t be much bigger or heavier than Naby, and as well as being extremely talented, he is a physical wee sh*te. Would like to see more of this from Naby.

Naby is like Mo: basically zero physicality. He needs to improve there as well as in his overall performance. Too many praised him after our last game and indeed he does look better but still no endproduct (which you'd expect for 60 Mio. €).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #696: Feb 13, 2019 08:18:52 am
      Naby is like Mo: basically zero physicality. He needs to improve there as well as in his overall performance. Too many praised him after our last game and indeed he does look better but still no endproduct (which you'd expect for 60 Mio. €).

For his size Mo is pretty strong, and what has money got to do with end product?

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #697: Feb 13, 2019 10:37:12 am

NO end product?? Did you miss his pass to Bobby which was then flicked on to Mo or how about the clever chip to Origi against West Ham. Plenty of end product from Naby and he'll only get better from here on in.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #698: Feb 13, 2019 03:29:02 pm
      fortunately we have a manager that keeps pressure off new players and both Naby and Fab are going to be super fresh for the last 10 games of this season exactly when we will need them.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #699: Feb 13, 2019 09:15:34 pm

He had a part in two of the goals. For the first it was a nice first touch to bring the ball down before passing to Milner for the cross.

For the 3rd he split the defence with a lovely through ball to Firmino.

End product doesn’t always have to mean the goal or assist.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #700: Feb 14, 2019 12:16:10 am
      He had a part in two of the goals. For the first it was a nice first touch to bring the ball down before passing to Milner for the cross.

For the 3rd he split the defence with a lovely through ball to Firmino.

End product doesn’t always have to mean the goal or assist.

Keita is also the player who created the turnover for Gini's goal. If he had put away that chance in the 2nd half for a goal it probably would have been a 10/10 performance against Bournemouth.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #701: Feb 14, 2019 07:33:17 am

Saying Salah has no physicality doesn't exactly lend your opinion a lot of weight (pun very much intended)

As for Naby he's taken time to adapt, which is normal, but I reckon this thread is going to look very different in a month or two as we really start to see the player we all thought we were getting.

And end product? He was involved in all three goals as has been pointed out. In fact they were perfect examples of what he could bring - counter pressing for Gini's goal, and a quick and direct through ball for Bobby to set up Salah.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #702: Feb 14, 2019 06:30:14 pm
      Saying Salah has no physicality doesn't exactly lend your opinion a lot of weight (pun very much intended)

But it's true anyway. Salah has may be 10 tackles since he arrived in Liverpool. He plays bodyless. He doesn't even hurry players like Bobby. Just compare both if you don't believe me.

And end product? He was involved in all three goals as has been pointed out. In fact they were perfect examples of what he could bring - counter pressing for Gini's goal, and a quick and direct through ball for Bobby to set up Salah.

Naby looked better but still made mistakes, looked hesistant, no tackles, looking lost at times. This was just another step in the right direction. But again: For 60 Mio. € you just expect more and quicker. I hope Keita will develop into an endproduct within the next 2 weeks, given game experiences and some good moments. Could happen, should happen, hopefully happens.
      Kopite78
      Reply #703: Feb 14, 2019 06:34:28 pm
      But it's true anyway. Salah has may be 10 tackles since he arrived in Liverpool. He plays bodyless. He doesn't even hurry players like Bobby. Just compare both if you don't believe me.

I'd love to but I have no F***ing idea what you're on about 🤷‍♂️
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #704: Feb 14, 2019 07:42:48 pm
      Naby looked better but still made mistakes, looked hesistant, no tackles, looking lost at times. This was just another step in the right direction. But again: For 60 Mio. € you just expect more and quicker. I hope Keita will develop into an endproduct within the next 2 weeks, given game experiences and some good moments. Could happen, should happen, hopefully happens.

Haha. He made 7 tackles against Bournemouth, the most of any player on the pitch. But hey please don't let facts get in the way of whatever you're trying to say
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #705: Feb 15, 2019 01:32:08 pm
      Haha. He made 7 tackles against Bournemouth, the most of any player on the pitch. But hey please don't let facts get in the way of whatever you're trying to say

Old panzer must be watching a different team
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #706: Feb 15, 2019 01:39:29 pm
      Old panzer must be watching a different team

There's a lot of it about.

Someone posted before a game that Henderson shouldn't play at right back "because he lacks athleticism".
      It took me a while to stop laughing, so at least it had comedy value.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #707: Feb 15, 2019 04:39:48 pm
      He made 7 tackles against Bournemouth,

Doesn't add up to what I saw. Maybe they count as tackle what I count as mere contact? Of course if you tell me that Mo does alright aggressiveness/tackle-wise then I can understand why Keita does alright too, he's certainly not worse than Salah. Still I feel Keita has a lot more to offer, I feel he's still progressing.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #708: Feb 15, 2019 05:02:01 pm
      Doesn't add up to what I saw. Maybe they count as tackle what I count as mere contact? Of course if you tell me that Mo does alright aggressiveness/tackle-wise then I can understand why Keita does alright too, he's certainly not worse than Salah. Still I feel Keita has a lot more to offer, I feel he's still progressing.

to what you think you saw
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #709: Feb 15, 2019 05:55:22 pm

I'd try watching it again if I was you.

Then again, Salah isn't frail either, so I have no idea what you've been looking at.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #710: Feb 15, 2019 06:03:11 pm
      I have no idea what you've been looking at.

That’s alright mate.

Neither does he.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #711: Feb 15, 2019 06:17:46 pm
      That’s alright mate.

Neither does he.

Trying to be diplomatic doesn't really suit me  :laugh:
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #712: Feb 20, 2019 07:01:20 pm
      Any analysis of how Keita did? Was the Bayern game a step forward, backward or standing still?

Quick Reply