Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235306 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #736: Mar 04, 2019 09:35:06 am
      You would think having Fabinho & Wijnaldum/Hendo would be enough defensive cover vs sh*t teams....

Klopp has swung far to much towards having a defensive midfield and this works fine IF your attackers are all firing together with FB's but if they are off colour, as has happened a lot recently, then you have to bring on more creativity in the middle, I don't quite understand why JĆ¼rgen doesn't do this? Its almost like JĆ¼rgen is more terrified to lose a game than he is determined to win one. It may well be that these draws are invaluable points come the end of the season but we now really need to unshackle the players and win every single game.

So lets dial the amp up to 11 and blast out some proper Heavy metal football, no more pussy defensive sh*t!
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #737: Mar 10, 2019 07:20:32 pm
      Cameo today, so will start against Munich?
      Really not sure.
      If he doesn't start, will be scratching the noggin wondering where things went wrong for him after starting to look half decent about 5 games ago..
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #738: Mar 10, 2019 08:03:44 pm
      Really not sure.
      If he doesn't start, will be scratching the noggin wondering where things went wrong for him after starting to look half decent about 5 games ago..

Must be hard for Naby considering he played himself into the starting 11 IMO and then just got dropped, his confidence must be at an all time low, so for the rest of the season I am not expecting too much from him.

Saying that if Naby can take what happened with Lallana today as a lesson and as a source of inspiration then who knows what might happen, Naby just needs to keep his head down and keep training well and his chance will come again.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #739: Mar 10, 2019 10:48:27 pm
      Really not sure.

He has to play against Munich, he will have a point to prove against one of his old nemesis. He won't have any fear coming up against them and their hostile crowd.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #740: Mar 10, 2019 11:15:36 pm
      Must be hard for Naby considering he played himself into the starting 11 IMO and then just got dropped, his confidence must be at an all time low, so for the rest of the season I am not expecting too much from him.

Saying that if Naby can take what happened with Lallana today as a lesson and as a source of inspiration then who knows what might happen, Naby just needs to keep his head down and keep training well and his chance will come again.

Letā€™s not assume anything about anyoneā€™s confidence, he may very well be fine, trust that JĆ¼rgen knows how to man manage these guys and their egos.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #741: Mar 10, 2019 11:52:21 pm
      Letā€™s not assume anything about anyoneā€™s confidence, he may very well be fine, trust that JĆ¼rgen knows how to man manage these guys and their egos.

Fair point, just my view on it. If I was Naby my confidence would be low, therefore I don't expect too much from the lad considering that.

At the same time maybe JĆ¼rgen has sat with Naby and made it clear that him being dropped after hitting good form is all for a good reason and he still has a big role to play.

But then again if we aren't to assume things, F**k knows.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #742: Mar 11, 2019 07:50:58 am
      Honestly think he has just been sh*te.

Where is the player from Leipzig?

German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #743: Mar 11, 2019 05:55:34 pm

+1, especially considering the money he did cost us. His price was that of a top international player and after a season he's behind Milner and Hendo which tells u all you need to know.

The player from Leipzig found out that PL is not Bundesliga, PL > Bundesliga. Very simple, the hot chick from a village might be pretty average in London.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #744: Mar 11, 2019 06:03:40 pm

People were starting to say the same about the slow and one paced Fabinho...he soon shut his doubters up. If there has been one thing proven by Robbo, Ox and Fab, it's to never write off a Klopp signing.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #745: Mar 12, 2019 05:24:08 am
      F**k sake writing him off already. There's a special player in there for sure, it's obviously going to take this season for him to properly adjust, something we all hoped wouldn't happen, but he's going to be very special for us from next season on.

The way he glides up the pitch is beautiful to watch, it's just that final ball that let's him down and I am sure Klopp will be working on this with him.

Give the lad a break FFS.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #746: Mar 12, 2019 08:00:48 am
      F**k sake writing him off already. There's a special player in there for sure, it's obviously going to take this season for him to properly adjust, something we all hoped wouldn't happen, but he's going to be very special for us from next season on.

The way he glides up the pitch is beautiful to watch, it's just that final ball that let's him down and I am sure Klopp will be working on this with him.

Give the lad a break FFS.

I'm not writing him off, I dont write any player off until they get dropped and sold.

But he's played well for what, a game and a half since his time here? He hasn't made an impact that I can remember, gets tackled pretty much every run, no final pass, afraid to shoot (which made him stand out for lepzig IMO)

Fabinho developed and changed and became a certain starter within about 6 games, Robbo wasnt starting then got his chance and never looked back.

Keita has not. Simple as that.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #747: Mar 12, 2019 10:54:32 am
      Fabinho developed and changed and became a certain starter within about 6 games

He hasn't made an impact that I can remember, gets tackled pretty much every run, no final pass

No he didnā€™t, he didnā€™t even start a league game for us until the end of October and took until mid October for him to make his first appearance in the league. Then it wasnā€™t up until mid December time that people actually started to stop writing him off and saying how slow he is.

Oh and Keita has also been heavily involved in a number of goals so far.
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2019 11:04:37 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #748: Mar 12, 2019 01:38:49 pm
      People were starting to say the same about the slow and one paced Fabinho...he soon shut his doubters up. If there has been one thing proven by Robbo, Ox and Fab, it's to never write off a Klopp signing.

hmm, I think people (myself included) said he was a bit slow off the mark, but quick enough when he got going, and nothing I have seen from him changes my mind.

Also said he has a tendency to dive in, and step up too soon so he gets bypassed too easily.
      Both things we've seen happen lots of times.

It doesn't make anyone a "doubter", because every single person that said these things also said it was just a matter of learning better positioning, and having a bit more discipline.
      His brain fart passes are more cause for concern, but he'll stop those soon enough.

As for Keita, he's not fully settled or integrated yet.
      It happens.
      No big deal.
      LMW
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 364 posts | 112 
      Reply #749: Mar 12, 2019 04:53:12 pm
      No he didnā€™t, he didnā€™t even start a league game for us until the end of October and took until mid October for him to make his first appearance in the league. Then it wasnā€™t up until mid December time that people actually started to stop writing him off and saying how slow he is.

Oh and Keita has also been heavily involved in a number of goals so far.

There were roughly 6 premier league games from when Fab started in October to when we started to see how talented he was in December and he's been one of the first names on the team sheet since then. Interestingly, Keita has had 12 PL starts and Fabinho has had 16 - and both have the same number of total appearances in the Premier League. Ketia has only had 1 assist and Fabhino has had 2 assists and a goal. We can't really make a comparison between the two players as Fab is clearly a world class talent and Keita has bags of potential and lots to prove. Still needs more time though but these little injuries don't help.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #750: Mar 12, 2019 08:48:56 pm

Hard to tell if it's true or just to sugarcoat things. I still say: for 60 Mio. ā‚¬ and what he has delivered so far Keita is a bust. That's on LFC's scouting. I hope they learn a lesson: Be very careful with players from foreign leagues, they might look better than they are because the PL is superior to basically all leagues in the world.

I'd like to trade Keita for Fekir. Even with his leg issue Fekir is CL-proven and most probably would have done better than what Keita did.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #751: Mar 12, 2019 08:56:12 pm
      Hard to tell if it's true or just to sugarcoat things. I still say: for 60 Mio. ā‚¬ and what he has delivered so far Keita is a bust. That's on LFC's scouting. I hope they learn a lesson: Be very careful with players from foreign leagues, they might look better than they are because the PL is superior to basically all leagues in the world.

I'd like to trade Keita for Fekir. Even with his leg issue Fekir is CL-proven and most probably would have done better than what Keita did.

We should trade you in unfortunately a single cell creature is not of much value!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #752: Mar 12, 2019 09:50:12 pm
      That's on LFC's scouting. I hope they learn a lesson: Be very careful with players from foreign leagues, they might look better than they are because the PL is superior to basically all leagues in the world.

You aren't half full of rubbish lad. Yeah our scouting department are really needing to learn a lesson after bringing in Salah, Fabinho, Alisson all from leagues abroad. Don't know if you've noticed but the best players in the league are all from foreign leagues!!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #753: Mar 13, 2019 07:27:53 am
      All I see from that guy when he posts about Keita is ā€œ60 Mio. ā‚¬ā€. Give it a rest. Itā€™s not as if itā€™s the players fault that we paid that money for him so stop using it as a stick to beat him with.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #754: Mar 13, 2019 08:46:36 am

Yeah but we should be very careful with Fekir because he's from a foreign league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #755: Mar 13, 2019 09:23:04 am

Yeah but we should be very careful with Fekir because he's from a foreign league.

Haha just realised that! Heā€™s also from a league that is weaker than the Bundesliga.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #756: Mar 13, 2019 10:03:01 am
      I'm not being a wum or anything, but my eyes dont decieve me. He has been 80% sh*te for us since being bought.

What it reminds me of is Aqualani when he was here. EVERYONE wanted him to succeed, but he just never could.

Keita for me is not there yet, but I'm not banking on him making any discernable difference this year. I'll make my judgement by Sept/Oct next season after another pre season.
      German_Panzer
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 60 
      Reply #757: Mar 13, 2019 01:05:26 pm
      I am very frustrated with Naby because I had such high hopes. He was supposed to be an upgrade to f*cking Coutinho and ended up behind blue collar players like Hendo or Milner. The PS4-style whore in me wants to move on, just like we moved on from Karius pretty quickly. But then JĆ¼rgen did choose him and JĆ¼rgen is the next best thing to Jesus, so I guess I have to postpone my brainf*ck (except the one for Fekir, I still think we should have taken the risk!!!!!).
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #758: Mar 18, 2019 05:46:06 pm
      Very disappointing that Naby is playing no part in the run in.
      And that's disappointment with him, that he's not playing well enough to force his way into Jurgens thoughts/team, as opposed to disappointed in JĆ¼rgen for not playing him. The manager am sure would love to play him and have him as an option.
      OK, he's on the bench, but he's making no impression right now.
      Dunno what the heck is going on with him, know he's had some niggles, but it's not like that is a midfield that would be hard for him to get into if playing even reasonably well.
      And him in Leipzig form would be such a boost for us.
      Just have to do it without him this season by the look of it...

Quick Reply