Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235157 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #805: May 02, 2019 03:12:01 pm
      Had a couple of muscle injuries this season hasn't he.  It's tough playing for a Jürgen Klopp side.

Might be wrong here but did he miss part of pre-season though injury?

Either way, shame last night.  They scored about a min after he'd been subbed didn't they.  Didn't help matters.

See you next year Naby.  10 goals will do me.

Think he will be outstanding next season.. I really can't wait to see the potential impact he and Chamberlain will have against the bottom.12 sides

I can't see them living with their pressing and breaking beyond the front 3

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #806: May 02, 2019 03:50:06 pm
      Think he will be outstanding next season.. I really can't wait to see the potential impact he and Chamberlain will have against the bottom.12 sides

I agree, he's a terrific player and is finally settling in. Out of all positions its probably the one where we have the most cover, could we even play the Ox there or is it to soon. Failing that perhaps Shaquiri.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #807: May 02, 2019 05:18:06 pm

Why against the bottom 12?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #808: May 03, 2019 11:09:12 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #809: May 03, 2019 12:17:46 pm

Ox to score the winning 5th goal in the final minute on Tuesday, how perfect would that be!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #810: May 04, 2019 01:53:48 pm
      This lad...

Had 3 interesting runs of form this year and each time he got stopped right in his track one way or the other. The first one he was benched and got injured for like a month or so. The second one we were going through this spell of though games and Klopp decided he was fielding a more defensive midfield and put him back on the bench for like 6 or 7 games in a row. Now this injury.

Gutted for him too. He's missing the African Cup for his country. However, I'm looking forward to seeing him in action next season. Two pre-season and a full season under his belt should see this guy hit the ground running next year and show much more of what he showed in the past 5 or 6 games.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #811: May 04, 2019 11:42:42 pm
      https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/1124671830424522752?s=20

Must say 'being a c**t is compulsory'  for any fa job description
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #812: May 05, 2019 10:44:13 pm
      Gutted. Another injury to a Star player in the run-in.

JD, you are right mate, wasn't long after he went off that those cu*ts scored.

Guess we will never know what the scoreline would have been if he hadn't have to come off injured.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #813: May 06, 2019 09:51:09 am

Weird thing to say, "he belongs to Guinea, before he belongs to Liverpool", Oh I didn't realise it was Guinea paying his wages rather than the club!! These days a players first loyalty is to his employer/club, in fact I'd imagine that has always been the case, even in amateur days.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #814: May 07, 2019 11:46:40 pm
      Have you lot seen the video of Naby watching the game in his Liverpool top?   ;D

These lads F***ing love it don't they.

Someone better at linking videos will probably find it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #815: May 08, 2019 12:16:11 am
      Have you lot seen the video of Naby watching the game in his Liverpool top?   ;D

These lads f**king love it don't they.

Someone better at linking videos will probably find it.

https://twitter.com/jacklusby_/status/1125876701144260609?s=21
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #816: Jun 11, 2019 12:45:48 pm
      I wish Keita woukd not play at AFCON.  In American basketball, a star player missed time with an injury, was under pressure to return, came back last night, got hurt again and is now out for ONE YEAR with a ruptured achilles.

Yes I'm thinking about Liverpool over Guinea, but the attitude in general re players returning from injury in football is like they are pieces of meat. Harry Kane another example. Too bad about the timing for Guinea, but Keita shouldn't play again until our preseason begins.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #817: Jun 11, 2019 03:03:09 pm
      I wish Keita woukd not play at AFCON.  In American basketball, a star player missed time with an injury, was under pressure to return, came back last night, got hurt again and is now out for ONE YEAR with a ruptured achilles.

Yes I'm thinking about Liverpool over Guinea, but the attitude in general re players returning from injury in football is like they are pieces of meat. Harry Kane another example. Too bad about the timing for Guinea, but Keita shouldn't play again until our preseason begins.

Another 10 days till the tourney starts they have a couple of warm ups and their first game is against Madagascar,so could use him sparingly. He was pretty close to cl final fitness no?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #818: Jun 11, 2019 03:37:29 pm

Another 10 days till the tourney starts they have a couple of warm ups and their first game is against Madagascar,so could use him sparingly. He was pretty close to cl final fitness no?

Maybe, and it's fair to say i dont know enough about his particulars. Of he really is fit enough to play, maybe a few matches would be good for him, but I fear the tendency is to rush players back too soon, especially the biggest stars.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #819: Jun 11, 2019 04:24:03 pm
      Hope this guy becomes a star next season. I’m expecting big big things
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #820: Jun 11, 2019 05:19:00 pm
      Hope this guy becomes a star next season. I’m expecting big big things

we have got a really strong midfield now which should be able to cope with any opposition. Both Naby and Ox will be like new signings .The squad is really coming together in both quality and quantity its as if Jürgen has some sort of master plan
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #821: Jun 27, 2019 07:06:33 pm
      Came off injured in the AFCON match. Stupid coach didn't rest him, whilst knowing that he was unfit. I don't get these stupid national coaches.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #822: Jun 27, 2019 11:48:25 pm
      Came off injured in the AFCON match. Stupid coach didn't rest him, whilst knowing that he was unfit. I don't get these stupid national coaches.

Hate to see this, and this: https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-international-duty/2019/6/26/18759831/naby-keita-struggles-not-fit-injury-guinea-nigeria-afcon-2019

This is what I was worried about. Do the right thing, Guinea.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #823: Jun 28, 2019 09:50:11 am

surely the Player has to just say no they need to remember who pays them vast sums of money .
      Dutch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 10 
      Reply #824: Jun 28, 2019 10:20:35 am
      This is what I was worried about. Do the right thing, Guinea.

Guinea is not good, 1 point after two matches so they will be probably out after the next match. The problem is the coaches. I have seen Ronald Koeman complain over and over about his players, not totally fit who were selected and played when he was a club coach.

Now he is the manager of the Netherland he plays van Dijk and Wijnaldum three days after the CL final in a meaningless match against England.

They are all the same.
      Dutch
      • Forum Youth Player

• 13 posts | 10 
      Reply #825: Jun 28, 2019 02:44:50 pm
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #826: Jun 28, 2019 02:54:05 pm
      Right, so Twitter says it was against his wishes. Oh poor lad. Feel sorry for him. How could Guinea do this to him?

:lmao:

What rubbish.

He didn't even want to come off the pitch in his last match against Nigeria. But most UK didn't watch the game, nor do they know anything about African football, so this stuff is lapped up on Twitter.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #827: Jun 28, 2019 03:55:51 pm
      Only the player knows how truly fit they are and based on what players who play in this competition they take it very serious and take great pride in it (Mane made some interesting comments about it  few days ago trading in the UCL title for ACON) so they will fight through pain and fitness issues to play. Fingers crossed he comes out without serious injury

Quick Reply