Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235190 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #828: Jun 28, 2019 04:23:27 pm
      Only the player knows how truly fit they are and based on what players who play in this competition they take it very serious and take great pride in it (Mane made some interesting comments about it  few days ago trading in the UCL title for ACON) so they will fight through pain and fitness issues to play. Fingers crossed he comes out without serious injury

Some.nations may shame their stars into playing against their better judgment. I don't know about Guinea, but some of the characters who come into power at some FA national groups, including I'm America, just make you shake your head

Hoping Naby can get healthy for the upcoming season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #829: Jun 28, 2019 05:34:14 pm
      I imagine this is being blown out of proportion otherwise its very stupid Of Naby to play if he's injured, irrespective of what his coach wants.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #830: Jun 28, 2019 06:02:34 pm
      Right, so Twitter says it was against his wishes. Oh poor lad. Feel sorry for him. How could Guinea do this to him?

:lmao:

What rubbish.

He didn't even want to come off the pitch in his last match against Nigeria. But most UK didn't watch the game, nor do they know anything about African football, so this stuff is lapped up on Twitter.

I know enough to say that Cameroon woman was offside ;D
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #831: Jun 28, 2019 06:44:16 pm
      Right, so Twitter says it was against his wishes. Oh poor lad. Feel sorry for him. How could Guinea do this to him?

:lmao:

What rubbish.

He didn't even want to come off the pitch in his last match against Nigeria. But most UK didn't watch the game, nor do they know anything about African football, so this stuff is lapped up on Twitter.
      In some countries (especially in Africa) the FAs are composed of shady individuals backed by shady governments. In these cases refusing a call-up or going against an FA decision leads to a national campaign against the player orchestrated by these individuals.

When you still have your family over there and would like to avoid these problems with people essentially backed by governments even shadier than they are then you just comply.

A good example is Salah last summer with the Egyptian FA. If he wasn't the absolute star that he is in Egypt and the world and was just a normal player (for example Elmohamady or Hegazi) then he would've been crushed by those people. (And they tried to crush him).

I'm not saying Keita is not to blame, but we have to take into consideration that he could've found himself in a similar situation. If not then he is to take 100% of the blame. Totally unprofessional.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #832: Jun 28, 2019 07:13:34 pm
      Right, so now you have jumped to a total generalisation to say that Keita was being threatened and forced into playing despite his injury.

:f_doh:

As adammmac says, this competition is massive for these players. They are not forced to play. They want to. Keita did not want to leave the pitch, and not because of fear for his life I might add...
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #833: Jun 28, 2019 07:44:26 pm
      Right, so now you have jumped to a total generalisation to say that Keita was being threatened and forced into playing despite his injury.

:f_doh:

As adammmac says, this competition is massive for these players. They are not forced to play. They want to. Keita did not want to leave the pitch, and not because of fear for his life I might add...
      Like I pointed in my post, Idk what happened, I thought it would be wise to add this possibility to the conversation. Not saying he was forced, just saying it's possible.

Most probably he wanted to play and wasn't forced to play if he refused to be subbed out like you say.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #834: Jul 01, 2019 09:19:52 am
      Some publication I have never heard of say he has returned to Melwood for evaluation, but will return to Egypt if Guinea are one of the third-placed qualifiers for the knockout round.

Haven't seen it anywhere in traditional media, and it would be pretty odd to leave in the middle of an event if he intended to go back.

Maybe we'll hear more about this today. Hopefully he is in the best possible hands and can get healthy soon.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #835: Jul 01, 2019 02:22:29 pm
      Some publication I have never heard of say he has returned to Melwood for evaluation, but will return to Egypt if Guinea are one of the third-placed qualifiers for the knockout round.

Haven't seen it anywhere in traditional media, and it would be pretty odd to leave in the middle of an event if he intended to go back.

Maybe we'll hear more about this today. Hopefully he is in the best possible hands and can get healthy soon.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/naby-keita-leaves-egypt-see-17284232
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #836: Jul 01, 2019 02:29:37 pm

Naby needs to stay the F**k at Melwood and get himself fully fit for the start to the season we are his employers not Guinea.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #837: Jul 04, 2019 11:28:32 am
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #838: Aug 03, 2019 06:12:49 pm
      Think he could step up and be massive for us this season.

If he stays injury free, he will be.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #839: Aug 04, 2019 09:06:16 pm
      If he stays injury free, he will be.

Looked good today. Very purposeful. Would love to see him start Friday.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #840: Aug 04, 2019 09:23:04 pm
      He should've done better on that sitter, but he played wonderful. He will be massive this season, barring injury
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #841: Aug 05, 2019 12:15:41 am
      Looked good today. Very purposeful. Would love to see him start Friday.

Totally agree he was so purposeful he was trying to make things happen the minute he came on.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #842: Aug 05, 2019 09:53:25 am
      He should've done better on that sitter, but he played wonderful. He will be massive this season, barring injury

Yes that was a shame, it always amazes me how often players shoot straight at the keeper, I wonder why that happens. A player should always target either corner unless the keeper has already moved.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #843: Aug 13, 2019 09:11:54 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #844: Aug 13, 2019 09:54:46 pm
      Not happening for him so far is it. Needs to catch a break soon. Unlucky career so far with us.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #845: Aug 14, 2019 12:37:24 am
      It’s getting ridiculous with this guy. Going to make Lallana look like iron man soon enough
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #846: Aug 14, 2019 11:30:16 am
      Can someone please arrange a Adamantium procedure for Naby...?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #847: Aug 14, 2019 11:33:05 am
      Did he have all these injury issues before joining us?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #848: Aug 14, 2019 12:06:44 pm
      Did he have all these injury issues before joining us?

Surely malaria doesn't count in terms of injury, but in terms of games missed:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/verletzungen/spieler/302215
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #849: Aug 14, 2019 12:32:04 pm
      Surely malaria doesn't count in terms of injury, but in terms of games missed:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/naby-keita/verletzungen/spieler/302215

Interesting so lots of little niggly injuries over the last few years with normally a few weeks out at a time, a lot of muscular injuries as well, similar to Sturridge and Lallana, this is not good.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #850: Aug 14, 2019 06:46:03 pm
      Injured again.

Hip injury this time.

Naby not having much luck since joining us. Still young so hopefully he can move past these niggling injuries soon.

Quick Reply