Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235296 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #943: Dec 09, 2019 05:33:36 pm
      I don't subscribe but the promo email for The Anfield Wrap mentioned that in their post-match discussion, they said Keita is someone whose style and play will bring results especially against our worst opposition. Wasn't sure what was meant by that.

Did you happen to listen?

No I didn't mate but there is perhaps some truth to him being a god one to play against weaker opposition (a flat track bully they call it in cricket). He certainly has the skills and guile to unlock a defensive side but being a bit careless with the ball and less keen to mark, track and tackle (compared to players like Hendo, Gini, Milner) does mean he poses a greater risk against top quality opposition.

I personally think that some of these traits will sort themselves if he can keep himself fit and get a run in the side. He's never really had that. There was a spell middle of last season where he was beginning to find his feet and then he got injured. Fingers crossed he can prove his worth over the coming months.
      LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #944: Dec 09, 2019 05:47:02 pm
      If Naby stays injury-free he'll be starting soon in those important games and he'll be our best midfielder. If!!!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #945: Dec 09, 2019 06:13:40 pm
      No I didn't mate but there is perhaps some truth to him being a god one to play against weaker opposition (a flat track bully they call it in cricket). He certainly has the skills and guile to unlock a defensive side but being a bit careless with the ball and less keen to mark, track and tackle (compared to players like Hendo, Gini, Milner) does mean he poses a greater risk against top quality opposition.

I personally think that some of these traits will sort themselves if he can keep himself fit and get a run in the side. He's never really had that. There was a spell middle of last season where he was beginning to find his feet and then he got injured. Fingers crossed he can prove his worth over the coming months.

I think it's taken him longer to settle than perhaps we anticipated.
      Of course the injuries haven't helped, and he has missed a fair bit of the evolution of the team because of those injuries, and so now we see he is a little unsure what he should be doing in certain situations.

So yeah, if he stays fit, and gets a run in the team, he'll show his worth.

There's no doubt he's a fine player.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #946: Dec 09, 2019 06:32:16 pm
      Naby good player but we have lots of those so work hard keep his head down and we will see where he goes. We now have the best squad EVER so we need a little bit more than good we need world class to make any improvement
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #947: Dec 09, 2019 08:09:07 pm
      funny how all these players are getting the Harry Kewel fitness regime around the time of a big final.
      Naby is a massive bonus coming back now along with Shaq and Lallana the squad is really looking strong.Hopefully Joel will make it on the bench for Saturday.

Dont think you will see Matip until FA cup game at best
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #948: Dec 09, 2019 11:48:43 pm
      funny how all these players are getting the Harry Kewel fitness regime around the time of a big final.
      Naby is a massive bonus coming back now along with Shaq and Lallana the squad is really looking strong.Hopefully Joel will make it on the bench for Saturday.

Too soon for Joel I think, Walt.  I bet not until Boxing Day at the earliest. once he can start team training, Klopp always opts to build the returning player's fitness before he actually gets into a match.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #949: Dec 10, 2019 08:01:17 pm
      Awesome.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #950: Dec 10, 2019 08:11:50 pm
      Can't remember the last time I have wanted a player to do as well as Naby.

His genuine quality is there for all to see and again his starting to showcase it, hopefully he gets a run of games to keep his morale high.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #951: Dec 10, 2019 11:18:34 pm
      How about that new, superstar signing in midfield!?

Worth the wait.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #952: Dec 10, 2019 11:42:56 pm
      Keep it up lad 2 fantastic performances in a row.   He just needs luck with fitness.   
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #953: Dec 10, 2019 11:46:05 pm
      Not long ago some were complaining about lack of goals from midfield.   Plenty of goals from midfield of late especially now that Naby and Ox in particular look real goal threats,  some may have to move on and blame allison for lack of goals.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #954: Dec 11, 2019 12:34:43 am
      Not long ago some were complaining about lack of goals from midfield.   Plenty of goals from midfield of late especially now that Naby and Ox in particular look real goal threats,  some may have to move on and blame allison for lack of goals.

He really has underwhelmed when it comes to scoring for us, has our goalkeeper. Has to be said we should be in the market for a goalkeeper who can put the ball into the back of the net.

Rogerio Ceni should be available... He's probably about 50 by now, mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fGs70Pef8Y
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #955: Dec 11, 2019 09:40:57 am
      Doesn't run does he this lad, just glides over the pitch.

Last two games have showed what he's all about. Now he needs to stay fit and work on his consistency.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #956: Dec 11, 2019 09:45:10 am
      What a difference a week can make :)
      Two starts in a row, goals, assist, good performances - come from almost nowhere right up front.
      Brilliant that he's fit and firing, playing well and another serious starting option in the middle.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #957: Dec 11, 2019 10:18:01 am
      hope he plays Saturday just like Fab you can see every thing has clicked and he will just get better and better from now on.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #958: Dec 11, 2019 10:35:35 am
      hope he plays Saturday just like Fab you can see every thing has clicked and he will just get better and better from now on.

Just needs a bit of luck on the injury front , has all the tools , him and Ox firing for the second half of the season must have Klopp sleeping easy .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #959: Dec 11, 2019 11:05:51 am
      Cant wait to see a MF, with Fab, Ox & Naby in the new year.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #960: Dec 11, 2019 11:16:36 am
      A ridiculously good performance by the guy and back to back MOTM votes from me. Talk about a new signing.

The thing I’ve noticed is that he appears to be quicker on the ball than off it. A few times you see him chasing back and he seems to be really labouring but when he has that ball at his feet, he’s off like a whippet.

Would rest him against Watford and bring Ox in to the mix. It’s a difficult one because you don’t want to stop his momentum but at the same time you want to manage his fitness. Think that will be Jürgen’s thoughts and we’ll see him rested on Saturday.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #961: Dec 11, 2019 11:47:14 am
      A ridiculously good performance by the guy and back to back MOTM votes from me. Talk about a new signing.

The thing I’ve noticed is that he appears to be quicker on the ball than off it. A few times you see him chasing back and he seems to be really labouring but when he has that ball at his feet, he’s off like a whippet.

Would rest him against Watford and bring Ox in to the mix. It’s a difficult one because you don’t want to stop his momentum but at the same time you want to manage his fitness. Think that will be Jürgen’s thoughts and we’ll see him rested on Saturday.

The goal against Bournemouth bears out perfectly the whippet analogy, the defenders dìdn't get a sñiff.  Don't think the ĺad wòuld be too keen with any talk of the bench after being sidelined foÅ• so long with injuries, his hunger for game time was written all over his face,  he was like a coiled spring.
      The momentum is there and with Chamberlain chomping at the bit it's a case of competition at it's healthiest.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2019 12:46:57 pm by stuey »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #962: Dec 11, 2019 11:56:30 am
      The goal against Everton bears out perfectly the whippet analogy, the defenders dìdn't get a sñiff.  Don't think the ĺad wòuld be too keen with any talk of the bench after being sidelined foÅ• so long with injuries, his hunger for game time was written all over his face,  he was like a coiled spring.
      The momentum is there and with Chamberlain chomping at the bit it's a case of competition at it's healthiest.
      Against Bournemouth was it, he didn’t play against Everton sure?

Absolutely mate I’m sure whoever is sidelined will be disappointed but we have a real wealth of options in midfield at the moment. Personally would love to see him start though he is a joy to watch.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #963: Dec 11, 2019 12:46:06 pm
      Against Bournemouth was it, he didn’t play against Everton sure?

Absolutely mate I’m sure whoever is sidelined will be disappointed but we have a real wealth of options in midfield at the moment. Personally would love to see him start though he is a joy to watch.

Bournemouth of course you're right,  heads up me arse right now with just moving  house and Christmas looming.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #964: Dec 11, 2019 01:06:01 pm
      Id leave him in for Watford defo.

Get the ox back in too. let Hendo or Milner sit. Give Gini a rest.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #965: Dec 11, 2019 01:11:02 pm
      Defo keep playing Naby while he's on a hot streak.

Quick Reply