Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235234 times
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1127: Dec 09, 2020 03:59:57 pm
      Keita has to be handled like Matip: very carefully. Therefore I wouldn't play him 90min. today, just one half.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1128: Dec 09, 2020 08:08:02 pm
      Keita has to be handled like Matip: very carefully. Therefore I wouldn't play him 90min. today, just one half.

He didn’t even bother playing one half today.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1129: Dec 09, 2020 09:39:02 pm
      He didn’t even bother playing one half today.

Bit harsh no?

Just back from a hammy. Nearly scored a cracker, looked lively enough and got some minutes under his belt.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1130: Dec 09, 2020 10:05:15 pm
      Minutes played, not injured, bonus
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1131: Dec 09, 2020 10:15:30 pm
      Bit harsh no?

Just back from a hammy. Nearly scored a cracker, looked lively enough and got some minutes under his belt.

Erm maybe but still waiting to see that dynamic midfielder at RB, not one who more than likely is no longer a first choice if all midfielders are available.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1132: Dec 09, 2020 10:43:30 pm
      Erm maybe but still waiting to see that dynamic midfielder at RB, not one who more than likely is no longer a first choice if all midfielders are available.

You must have been watching the wrong channel if you don't think Keita has shown us his dynamism since he's been here. It's just that it hasn't been often enough because of injuries then ramping up from them.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1133: Dec 09, 2020 11:11:18 pm
      You must have been watching the wrong channel if you don't think Keita has shown us his dynamism since he's been here. It's just that it hasn't been often enough because of injuries then ramping up from them.

One game here and there doesn’t cut the mustard unfortunately!

At the moment it looks like he can’t handle the pace and physicality of the league, but I hope he proves me wrong.

PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1134: Dec 10, 2020 01:22:35 am

At the moment it looks like he can’t handle the pace and physicality of the league, but I hope he proves me wrong.
      The reason you feel like that is because every time he builds up so form he is right back on to the treatment table. Every time he has managed to stay fit for more than 5 games he started looking incredible and indispensable in that midfield but a game or two later he is injured again.

The second statement, I disagree with. He looks very much at home when in form and not working his way back from yet another injury.

I don't what's up with all those injuries and how we could curb them down but when he is fit and has worked back up to pace, he is very good.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1135: Dec 10, 2020 11:41:19 am

He proved u right, just like Matip proved he can't handle the league. The question is how to proceed with this fragile glass. Sell or keep (and treat them carefully)?
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #1136: Dec 13, 2020 02:24:14 pm
      He should play today if Klopp goes back to a three man midfield
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1137: Dec 13, 2020 07:04:35 pm
      Not right now, but the sooner the better, him and Matip should be offloaded and our losses cut short. It's just not working out

Far from me the idea that him or Matip are not good enough but Keita is supposed to be a starter yet his injury record doesn't even permit him to be a bench warmer at this rate.

Matip is supposed to be competition inside a 4 CBs team but even before this season he couldn't be relied on. I'm actually surprised he made it this far this season. Usually he's asked to play in the odd game here and there or come on as a substitute and after the game we hear he is out for the next few weeks.

There's no point in having players who just can't stay fit. I know it's not their mistake but we, as a club, also shouldn't pay for that. I know it's not an easy job to shift players around and buy new ones but its just not working out as far as I'm concerned.

I know this year's special circumstances kinda put these issues at the forefront and might make one think about those issues in an irrational way but even before this season it was just too much. Keita is basically useful for a period of 2 or 3 weeks per season. Matip was felt a bit less because VVD always stays healthy and it meant that you had 3 CBs to fill one position but as soon as we got a serious situation to deal with Matip becomes a time bomb.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1138: Dec 13, 2020 07:11:01 pm
      Matip is supposed to be competition inside a 4 CBs team but even before this season he couldn't be relied on.

You can F***ing do one with that sh*te! Obviously discounting his run in the team on the way to Madrid when he was as good as VVD. Well known he's got injury problems, but to start saying he can't be relied upon is a shithouse reaction imo.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1139: Dec 14, 2020 05:38:49 pm
      You can f**king do one with that sh*te! Obviously discounting his run in the team on the way to Madrid when he was as good as VVD. Well known he's got injury problems, but to start saying he can't be relied upon is a shithouse reaction imo.
      Oh don't get me wrong. A fit Gomez and Matip, I would put Matip ahead of Gomez as VVD's partner, but the guy is nearing the equivalent of 2 seasons missed in terms of the number of games he has not been available. This is what, his 4th year with us? Effectively missing about 70 games or so is nowhere near what I would call reliable.

It's not about how he performs on the pitch, its about the fact that we can't get him on the pitch.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #1140: Dec 14, 2020 06:26:57 pm
      Soooo Keita injured again?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1141: Dec 27, 2020 07:10:37 pm
      It's time to offload him. If you think Matip can't be relied on, then I dont know what you call this guy. Shame, but its the truth. 3 years to back it up
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1142: Dec 27, 2020 07:18:51 pm
      Sell the glass hammer
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1143: Dec 27, 2020 07:47:11 pm
      Is there a naby keita wing at the axa training centre? Complete waste of time and wages. 3 years of being injured, a handful of decent games and the rest flattering to deceive.

Nothing personal but time to get rid ... while there is still some value left in him. I miss the old pay as you play contracts. Total liability.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1144: Dec 27, 2020 08:47:24 pm
      No one will buy him so it'll just have to be one we have to suck up.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1145: Dec 27, 2020 09:48:21 pm
      Could have done with him today, what's he injured this week?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1146: Dec 27, 2020 09:52:49 pm
      Could have done with him today, what's he injured this week?

Broke his thumb unwrapping his pressies
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1147: Dec 27, 2020 09:54:24 pm
      Broke his thumb unwrapping his pressies

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah: :f_wah:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1148: Dec 27, 2020 10:36:23 pm
      I've done a good job at forgetting he exists. This way I'm never disappointed when he doesn't play and can only be a welcome surprise when he does
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1149: Jan 05, 2021 03:05:42 pm
      Naby is a total crock so hard to see us renewing his contract in two years.

Best to sell in the Summer while we can still get something for him otherwise he'll wind up stretchered out of the club on a free.

Use the money towards signing an improvement like Grealish.

Quick Reply