Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235193 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1173: Feb 08, 2021 04:10:06 pm
      Klopp said the other day they are trying to get him completely healed instead of rushing him back (sounds like in the past they kept trying to play him before he was fully fit). I'm skeptical. Think he'll be sold in the summer if an offer comes in.

If he breaks down one more time he's done here.

I really like Naby but he's effectively taking up a squad place and costing us a small fortune.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1174: Feb 08, 2021 04:12:34 pm
      Klopp said the other day they are trying to get him completely healed instead of rushing him back (sounds like in the past they kept trying to play him before he was fully fit). I'm skeptical. Think he'll be sold in the summer if an offer comes in.

If that is true then it might explain a lot about our medical staff and why we have so many more injuries than other teams!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1175: Feb 08, 2021 04:24:01 pm
      If that is true then it might explain a lot about our medical staff and why we have so many more injuries than other teams!

That's not true. We have 5 injuries which is the PL average this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1176: Feb 08, 2021 04:26:37 pm
      That's not true. We have 5 injuries which is the PL average this season.

what 5 key injuries to all the other teams have then?  City have Aguero and de Bruyne, Utd have absolutely no key players injured. Leicester have a couple of injuries but are coping well. Chelsea no key injuries as far as I can see. Everton no key injuries, Spurs nothing too bad I think.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1177: Feb 08, 2021 04:33:41 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong about our medical staff. They had nothing to do with the assault on Van Dijk, or Gomez getting hurt in training during international duty (how the F**k does that even happen?), and they have certainly been our most impactful injuries.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1178: Feb 08, 2021 04:45:16 pm
      what 5 key injuries to all the other teams have then?  City have Aguero and de Bruyne, Utd have absolutely no key players injured. Leicester have a couple of injuries but are coping well. Chelsea no key injuries as far as I can see. Everton no key injuries, Spurs nothing too bad I think.

I'm not understanding you. Are you blaming our medical team for the injuries to Virgil, Gomez and Jota?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1179: Feb 09, 2021 09:48:22 pm
      I'm not understanding you. Are you blaming our medical team for the injuries to Virgil, Gomez and Jota?

Nope not blaming them, I'm just curious why our players get so many more niggles than players from other teams, for example Utd.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1180: Feb 16, 2021 06:52:54 pm
      Naby who?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1181: Feb 18, 2021 05:02:58 am
      Seems likely Naby will be on the bench for Saturday.

I have given up hoping for him to become an impact player here, but whenever he gets back into the squad I start to waver because I know he can be very good if he's healthy. But I'm not allowing him to fool me this time. Or maybe he can really make it good this time and, no, stop that Naby - I'm not falling for it this time.
       :f_steam:
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1182: Feb 18, 2021 09:21:43 pm
      Seems likely Naby will be on the bench for Saturday.

I have given up hoping for him to become an impact player here, but whenever he gets back into the squad I start to waver because I know he can be very good if he's healthy. But I'm not allowing him to fool me this time. Or maybe he can really make it good this time and, no, stop that Naby - I'm not falling for it this time.
       :f_steam:

Think we have missed his pressing part of his game people seem to ignore will be a massive boost to have him back and just hope he can now stay fit and healthy
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1183: Feb 18, 2021 11:14:20 pm
      Think we have missed his pressing part of his game people seem to ignore will be a massive boost to have him back and just hope he can now stay fit and healthy

Just watched the video from training today and his quality, particularly his technique, is obvious to see. Cool as you like on the ball. He could even be a surprise starter Saturday and I wouldn't argue, but he needs a change in luck re his fitness.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1184: Feb 19, 2021 12:53:08 am
      Been burnt too many times by his injuries so will only shrug of his return and refrain from
      any overexcitement.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1185: Feb 19, 2021 02:11:10 pm
      Been burnt too many times by his injuries so will only shrug of his return and refrain from
      any overexcitement.

Good call. He was left out of the squad for the Leipzig match so he could get two more days of proper training - AND THEN IT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN.

From Klopp's presser today: “Naby could have been in the squad against Leipzig, but it didn’t make sense because he’d only trained two days with the team. So, we said stay at home, train two days of proper training sessions, but unfortunately Naby got ill a little bit and couldn’t train these two days.

“Yesterday we reintegrated him again. I just don’t know, but we don't hold him back or whatever. Of course, after the injuries he had, we don’t want to force him in or something like that, but it would be nice to have him. Is he able to play a few minutes on Saturday? I don’t know. If he’s not, if we speak about it and it’s better to rather not play a few minutes then it is better to stay away from the team and just train proper, proper.

“Being around, on the bench, are not the most intense things and he needs to get used to the intensity again. No decision made yet, but he is not injured anymore and now we have to figure out how fit he is to play how many minutes.”

I imagine the manager is about at his wits' end over it as well.
      « Last Edit: Feb 19, 2021 06:11:06 pm by Robby The Z »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1186: Feb 19, 2021 02:39:45 pm
      Good call. He was left out of the squad for the Leipzig match so he could get two more days of proper training - AND THEN IT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN.

From Klopp's presser today: “Naby could have been in the squad against Leipzig, but it didn’t make sense because he’d only trained two days with the team. So, we said stay at home, train two days of proper training sessions, but unfortunately Naby got ill a little bit and couldn’t train these two days.

“Yesterday we reintegrated him again. I just don’t know, but we don't hold him back or whatever. Of course, after the injuries he had, we don’t want to force him in or something like that, but it would be nice to have him. Is he able to play a few minutes on Saturday? I don’t know. If he’s not, if we speak about it and it’s better to rather not play a few minutes then it is better to stay away from the team and just train proper, proper.

“Being around, on the bench, are not the most intense things and he needs to get used to the intensity again. No decision made yet, but he is not injured anymore and now we have to figure out how fit he is to play how many minutes.”

I imagine the manager is about at his wit's end over it as well.

Klopp must be dissapointed with Keita.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #1187: Feb 19, 2021 09:34:40 pm
      Klopp must be dissapointed with Keita.
      Disappointed & frustrated in equal measure & I can see us cutting our losses in the summer..
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1188: Feb 19, 2021 10:11:54 pm
      Down under we refer to that as taking the piss. He can F**k off as far as I’m concerned. What’s his contribution per minute over salary paid?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1189: Feb 19, 2021 10:14:14 pm
      Can't believe the temerity of the lad getting ill behead the f**ker  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1190: Feb 19, 2021 10:16:01 pm
      Jeez...

YNWA Keita..
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1191: Feb 19, 2021 10:40:20 pm
      It can happen. When you jump to maximum physical exertion after time off it can overload the immune sytem. It doesn't mean he's a fanny and it's not serious.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1192: Feb 19, 2021 10:57:07 pm
      but unfortunately Naby got ill a little bit and couldn’t train these two days.

Put the apt on the market Naby old son
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #1193: Feb 19, 2021 11:08:54 pm
      Seemingly not up to the demands, of playing, with so many injuries etc. It is such a pity, time for him to move on.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1194: Feb 20, 2021 12:01:01 am
      £55m for this guy, might as well just burned the money
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1195: Feb 20, 2021 12:29:24 pm