Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235283 times
      Ulsters_No1
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts | 10 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Mar 03, 2021 11:13:15 am
      Sometimes players just have a bad stretch of injuries, sometimes it's a sign they are injury-prone. Keita is clearly injury-prone. Get rid of him asap, e.g. in a trade deal like 80 Mio. $ + Keita for Haaland or 100 Mio. $ + Keita for Mbappe.

F**k me mate this isnt FIFA  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1220: Mar 03, 2021 11:16:58 am
      I opened this thread fearing another injury, honestly whenever this thread pops up I shudder.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1221: Mar 03, 2021 12:00:54 pm

Had an ongoing issue with his heel
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1222: Mar 07, 2021 07:26:41 pm
      Thought he did OK today trying to drive through,playing one twos lovely cross for Manes header off bar just think he needs to a bit braver at times and take a few more risks
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1223: Mar 07, 2021 07:31:41 pm
      Probably the 100th time being said in this thread needs a run of games, there is a player in there.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1224: Mar 07, 2021 08:31:18 pm
      Fingers crossed for him that he gets the games he needs - it’s clear the manager rates him and there is a player in there that will give us that something extra from the middle of the park
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1225: Mar 07, 2021 08:48:56 pm
      Fingers crossed for him that he gets the games he needs - it’s clear the manager rates him and there is a player in there that will give us that something extra from the middle of the park

Defo agree there mate. Thought he looked ok today and will grow in stature if can stay injury free
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1226: Mar 08, 2021 02:18:53 am
      Defo agree there mate. Thought he looked ok today and will grow in stature if can stay injury free

I truly hope he stays healthy. He could be a huge asset to us next season. His ablity to go box to box is something that no one else can do, and something we really need.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1227: Mar 08, 2021 04:48:47 am
      I truly hope he stays healthy. He could be a huge asset to us next season. His ablity to go box to box is something that no one else can do, and something we really need.

Absolutely sure that we said this exact same thing at the start of this season.

He just needs to stay healthy and fit but I fear, I have more chance of winning the lotto then that happening!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1228: Mar 10, 2021 10:17:39 pm
      That was a great little cameo if only he could stay fit.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1229: Apr 06, 2021 10:17:17 pm
      Thought Jürgen had lost patience with him before now - so was a surprise choice to start - hindsight is a fine thing, but it was a bad decision.
      Subbing him the way he did, going to be hard to come back from that - must be out of his nine lives by now.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1230: Apr 06, 2021 10:21:32 pm
      If he picked up a knock it was half an hour too late to keep us in the game.

I dont get his inclusion at all. Our teams are built on a strong midfield and if Naby is it, it's no longer a strong midfield.

Hes a luxury we can't accommodate. Time to move on for all concerned. Christ knows where he could move to because there can't be many in the market for a player who's never fit, and rarely any good.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1231: Apr 06, 2021 10:34:45 pm
      No worse than Gini and getting picked cold having played virtually no first team football against experienced players like Kroos  and Modric no wonder Klopp got schooled.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1232: Apr 06, 2021 10:37:46 pm
      I think it was unfair to throw him in tonight andd expect a performance to be fair
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1233: Apr 06, 2021 10:46:52 pm
      I think it was unfair to throw him in tonight andd expect a performance to be fair

Surely he should have had some minutes against Arsenal if plans to play tonight especially with lack of game time this season
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1234: Apr 06, 2021 10:49:47 pm
      Surely he should have had some minutes against Arsenal if plans to play tonight especially with lack of game time this season

Exactly
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1235: Apr 06, 2021 10:53:35 pm
      If you made a list of top 5 worst players in the first half, he wouldn't even be on it, but he is fragile and lacks rhythm right now, so he's the default scapegoat.

If he is truly injured again at some point Jürgen needs to move on from him. It's just not going to work out if he can't stay fit for 45 minutes.
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1236: Apr 06, 2021 10:56:08 pm
      If you made a list of top 5 worst players in the first half, he wouldn't even be on it, but he is fragile and lacks rhythm right now, so he's the default scapegoat.

If he is truly injured again at some point Jürgen needs to move on from him. It's just not going to work out if he can't stay fit for 45 minutes.

Tactical apparently although he did say it could of been one of many . Maybe he thought Naby out of the 3 wouldn't do 90 anyway so may as well be him rather than subbing him later anyway but he didn't look right
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1237: Apr 06, 2021 11:02:21 pm
      Feel for him, hadn't started for ages and then pitched in at the deep end
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1238: Apr 06, 2021 11:22:41 pm
      Manager didn't do him any favours tonight but have to say it does now feel like the beginning of the end for him at the club.

Real shame we never got to see the supreme talent from his Leipzig days. Remember watching him a few times before he moved and he looked an absolute star.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2021 12:04:07 pm by chats »
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #1239: Apr 06, 2021 11:32:20 pm
      Talk about fitness all you want but he was the worst player on the pitch for me. Just look at his movement. Has no clue where he needs to be and shows zero desire when on the ball. Absolutely dreadful. Should never play for us ever again.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1240: Apr 06, 2021 11:46:49 pm
      Its a shame he got thrown in cold like that. I really like the player and think we need somebody who does what he can do.

As far as I'm concerned tonight is not on him. However, the issue remains the same, unless he can stay healthy for much longer stretches than he currently manage then it's not worth keeping him in the team. In that case I think selling at a loss is better than keeping him, paying the wages and wasting his spot for, in the end, 0 return product.

I still believe we need somebody with his qualities and style of play and so I wouldn't be against buying a similar player to him.  We need somebody who can be creative around the box and run at defenders from the middle.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1241: Apr 06, 2021 11:48:59 pm

He wasn't a scapegoat he was gassed out after 30 mins, could barely track back when we were in desperate need of defensive cover. It's not even his fault he's clearly not match fit for a game of such intensity.

The blame lies solely with Jürgen for starting Naby he should have known he wasn't ready to start.

Anyway he's a talented player but needs to go in the Summer either we're not the right club for him or his body isn't right for the PL.

Quick Reply