Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235279 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1265: May 05, 2021 08:00:40 pm
      He isn't a top footballer ? Are we still pissed off with Naby for Madrid game or that he is always injured maybe . As far as I can remember the games he has played he has generally been quite good in most games and steady away can count the amount of shockers he has had on one hand

Keita is indisputably a top player/talent. He had the opportunity to come in and be a game-changer for us, but instead spent his time in the treatment room. Whenever he's had a run of games he has shown his quality but it didn't go long before he got hurt again. An absolute crying shame.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1266: May 05, 2021 08:23:35 pm
      He’s been nothing short of a disaster.

Up there with Carroll, Markovic and Aqualiani.

Absolute sh*te!
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #1267: May 05, 2021 09:58:19 pm
      He is sh*te. Fit or not, he is just sh*t. Complete waste of the kit. End of discussion.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1268: May 05, 2021 11:48:38 pm
      He’s been nothing short of a disaster.

Up there with Carroll, Markovic and Aqualiani.

Absolute sh*te!

This!

All that "look at him when he's fit" bollox doesn't cut it for me.

He's never fit.

Get rid
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1269: May 06, 2021 03:21:39 am
      Keita needs to go. Not only is he made of glass, he also is soft in tackling and slow. He looked good at Leipzig because they are not elite. Yes, he can play world class passes, but in 90% of cases we play against bus-parking teams where those passes do not work. Keita is best when he has the ball and space and nobody is challenging him. He‘d be a hell of a player in the 80s.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1270: May 06, 2021 06:35:03 am
      For the sake of the argument, I don't agree with the ''he's sh*te'' statement. If fit and given time to play into form he's very very good. Problem is he can't stay fit and thus we won't be seeing that ''very good'' more than 3 or 4 games at a time if we even get to see it (considering he almost did not play at all this season).

Try to get the best price we can and move on.

Maybe we are already shopping him around and his agent knows that. This would explain the ''let's divert the attention from my client's obvious fitness issues by taking a dig at the manager'' comment trying to maybe attract some interest from decent clubs because I can't see any big club being interested in him after the disastrous year he just had.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1271: May 06, 2021 01:54:57 pm
      Even at his very best he would need to play with 2 work horses to shine. If he's not got 2 of Hendo/Fab/Milner and at a push Gini then he's a liability.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1272: May 06, 2021 03:26:39 pm
      Wonder if Jürgen has thought maybe just shut him down for the rest of this season unless he really needs him and let him get as fit as possible for off-season, hit the drawing board and give him one more shot to stay healthy and available next season? Probably not, but just a thought.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1273: May 06, 2021 04:16:57 pm
      Wonder if Jürgen has thought maybe just shut him down for the rest of this season unless he really needs him and let him get as fit as possible for off-season, hit the drawing board and give him one more shot to stay healthy and available next season? Probably not, but just a thought.

I doubt it because he can barely get through 45 mins of football.

He played something like 38 mins and collapsed in his last outing.

His body isn't up for it. He needs to go MLS where he can run past people, play delightful outside of the boot through balls, and build up his youtube portfolio for a move to Inter
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1274: May 06, 2021 04:20:32 pm
      Even at his very best he would need to play with 2 work horses to shine. If he's not got 2 of Hendo/Fab/Milner and at a push Gini then he's a liability.

This! Plus he’s pretty slow for a midfielder. He’s a bust. I’d rather keep Ox than him. Thiago is more than able to do what Keita could do. We need to get rid of Keita and Shaq and Origi and Minamino. We need more workhorses like Jota.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #1275: May 06, 2021 04:42:05 pm
      This! Plus he’s pretty slow for a midfielder. He’s a bust. I’d rather keep Ox than him. Thiago is more than able to do what Keita could do. We need to get rid of Keita and Shaq and Origi and Minamino. We need more workhorses like Jota.

Shaq

Minamino

Origi

What's the common connection here? All cheap basement buys. Minamino was a total flop. We were European Champions and should have been in for Haaland but instead ended up with the fat mate.

Reminds me of that time Milan bough Shevchenko and Spurs bought Rebrov because he knew Shev ;D
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1276: May 07, 2021 05:23:31 pm

Though I rather cut my losses with him and move on I do think unless Naby wants out then Klopp will continue to try and make it work for him.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #1277: May 09, 2021 12:28:31 am
      Seems his agent thought he was fit to play today and yet he wasn't even on the bench again, supposedly injured.

You'd think his agent would know if he was injured or not.

Starting to look like we've got a real problem here.

Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp told the squad who was playing and who was on the bench and Keita then declared himself injured.

That might sound like bullshit but it wouldn't be the first time this season he's spat his dummy out.

Klopp told Keita he wasn't on the Leipzig 'away' trip and instead he was leaving him behind to do 2 days fitness training and then Keita declared himself injured and unfit to train.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1278: May 24, 2021 09:36:33 am
      Two years of a injury ravaged career at LFC.

Doesn’t look like his body is robust enough for the EPL. If we can get at least half of what we paid I think it would be a good deal as I doubt we are going to suddenly see him regularly fit for the remaining 2 years, and end up letting him go for free.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #1279: May 24, 2021 09:57:19 am

Doesn’t look like his body is robust enough for the EPL. If we can get at least half of what we paid I think it would be a good deal as I doubt we are going to suddenly see him regularly fit for the remaining 2 years, and end up letting him go for free.

Naby is a talented player no doubt and still relatively young so hopefully a club is willing to take a gamble on him this Summer we need to replace him with a physically reliable player.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1280: May 24, 2021 11:16:26 am

Hasn’t contributed to any success since his arrival & if we sell him this summer he won’t be missed, which is a shame as the lad has huge potential..
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1281: May 24, 2021 02:34:58 pm
      Hasn’t contributed to any success since his arrival & if we sell him this summer he won’t be missed, which is a shame as the lad has huge potential..

That sums it up. The only remaining riddle is why he did pretty well injury-wise in Bundesliga while he stumbled in PL, I mean both leagues are roughly the same im terms of body demand within a serious game. IMHO Klopp‘s training method has to be scrutinized.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #1282: May 24, 2021 02:41:00 pm
      Offer Keita and £30 mil to Ajax for Gravenberch, with the young lad staying another season on loan.... lad is gonna be a star in very near future and Keita could shine for a team like Ajax.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1283: May 24, 2021 02:44:18 pm
      Offer Keita and £30 mil to Ajax for Gravenberch, with the young lad staying another season on loan.... lad is gonna be a star in very near future and Keita could shine for a team like Ajax.

Absolute no go

Naby earns twice as much as their highest earner
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1284: May 24, 2021 02:48:58 pm
      Kind of odd when you think about it. We passed on Fekir because of his injury record and I don't think he's been injured much since?

Moved heaven and earth to get Keita and hasn't been able to stay fit at all.

CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1285: May 24, 2021 02:57:11 pm
      Absolute no go

Naby earns twice as much as their highest earner

for real? that is shocking. Ajax is no small team to have such low wages.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #1286: May 24, 2021 03:07:11 pm
      for real? that is shocking. Ajax is no small team to have such low wages.

Wages and turnover are driven mainly by profile of the leagues and the tv revenue

The Dutch league is a stepping stone league not a destination
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1287: May 24, 2021 04:03:48 pm
      Kind of odd when you think about it. We passed on Fekir because of his injury record and I don't think he's been injured much since?

Moved heaven and earth to get Keita and hasn't been able to stay fit at all.

Fekir wasn't anything to do with an injury

Quick Reply