Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235198 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1541: May 01, 2022 02:42:50 pm
      Just shows all naby needed was a bit of luck on the injury front and then a run of games.  Been brilliant this season
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1542: May 01, 2022 02:48:46 pm
      Just shows all naby needed was a bit of luck on the injury front and then a run of games.  Been brilliant this season

only one or two doubt his ability I think most knew he needed a run to find his form and what a time to show it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1543: May 01, 2022 02:56:59 pm
      Just needed to settle into the team.

No issues when he starts.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1544: May 01, 2022 08:30:47 pm
      He certainly brings another dimension to our midfield.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1545: May 02, 2022 12:06:23 am
      What composure in front of goal that was. Split the 2 lads on the line, beautifully!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #1546: May 25, 2022 02:29:15 pm
      Pretty much his best season for us. Delighted how well he has become part of the main core of the team.

However, the CL final will be the most important game of his career. 

His time has come to finally prove any doubters wrong.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1547: May 28, 2022 11:51:33 pm
      He’s not going to be the player we all hoped would boss the midfield.

Not a bad player by any means but not one who is going to take us to the next level.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,609 posts | 365 
      Reply #1548: May 29, 2022 12:16:00 am
      He’s not going to be the player we all hoped would boss the midfield.

Not a bad player by any means but not one who is going to take us to the next level.

Nah he has to play with 2 protectors really and even then doesn't bring the quality often enough.

Would move him on but we actually have an issue in midfield as it is with Ox and Milner coming out the picture.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1549: May 30, 2022 07:12:45 pm
      Had great expectations of this player sadly none have come to fruition, need a better upgrade .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #1550: May 30, 2022 08:40:12 pm
      He plays well in some games. Others he can be a bit of a passenger at times. Don't recall seeing him totally boss a midfield and dictate the pace of the game.  Depends on who's playing along side him, weather he performs to his full potential. strangely inconsistent. Great when he's on it, but not often enough.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #1551: May 30, 2022 10:56:04 pm
      Had great expectations of this player sadly none have come to fruition, need a better upgrade .

Yeah, he's been a ghost of the player I thought we had when we signed him.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1552: May 31, 2022 12:23:35 am
      He plays well in some games. Others he can be a bit of a passenger at times. Don't recall seeing him totally boss a midfield and dictate the pace of the game.  Depends on who's playing along side him, weather he performs to his full potential. strangely inconsistent. Great when he's on it, but not often enough.

So he's the Gini replacement? ;D.

Then again, Gini was always available and stepped up massively in some big games.....m
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1553: May 31, 2022 05:51:35 pm
      Think I remember the Boss saying that Naby lacks confidence and he found the step up difficult at first. I, like everybody else, was expecting a lot more but just hasn't really happened. Yes Thiago finding form stopped him getting a decent run but still he has had chances and at times has done reasonable well, but not well enough for us to be thinking this guy is here long term.

No doubt he'll get more chances next season but I'm not confident on the long term thing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1554: Jun 01, 2022 09:54:21 am
      I thought he'd a very good season and for me the most consistent midfielder but not the best or most spectacular.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #1555: Jun 01, 2022 11:22:56 am
      He's been better value this season but not often enough to make me think he is a long term option. I think of him as an addition who is nice to have at times as he offers different skills but he is far from essential in that area IMO. I would prefer just an altogether better and more reliable player if I'm honest. I think we will get one as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1556: Jun 01, 2022 11:34:47 am
      Cant see naby lad going anywhere. Just had his best season for us.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1557: Jun 01, 2022 12:11:44 pm
      we need him to improve which I think he can and become truly world class. We need more next year from all our players if we stand still we go backwards.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1558: Jun 01, 2022 05:33:55 pm
      Just read PSG want to sign him.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1559: Jun 01, 2022 06:09:44 pm
      Just read PSG want to sign him.

Bullshit apparently
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #1560: Jun 01, 2022 07:44:25 pm
      I thought he had a good season, managed to stay largely injury free for the most part which has made a big difference. Still not close to justifying the big fee but neither is he in the bust category either. I thought he fluffed his lines a bit in the final though, there were a couple of moments where he had the chance to shine but failed to deliver. IF someone came in with a 35-40 million bid for him i think you'd have to take it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1561: Jun 01, 2022 07:48:53 pm
      According to athletic we are offer him a new deal as he is one a group of players who deals are done 2023.

My opinion hasn't changed after last season, not too bothered if he left, never really nailed down a starting role due injuries and inconsistent form.

That being said Klopp really backs him so if he wants to stick around I do expect him to get a new deal.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #1562: Jun 01, 2022 08:57:21 pm
      I think he’s been pretty poor tbh. Not digging him out but he came with the best player in the German league tag and hasn’t shown that in my eyes. A few good games, a few average ones and maybe a quality one. The sort of player I don’t mind if he stays or goes.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #1563: Jun 01, 2022 10:04:15 pm
      I thought he had a good season, managed to stay largely injury free for the most part which has made a big difference. Still not close to justifying the big fee but neither is he in the bust category either. I thought he fluffed his lines a bit in the final though, there were a couple of moments where he had the chance to shine but failed to deliver. IF someone came in with a 35-40 million bid for him i think you'd have to take it.

Can be said for a few others who had a chance to shine but simply didn't.  He has had his best season and others who are declining are being put forward for new contracts . Not arguing he has not justified his price fee but for me he has every right to start more games especially in front of Henderson depending on oppo

Quick Reply