Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235448 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread
      Reply #1564: Jun 01, 2022 11:07:25 pm

They did sign Gueye and Choupo-Moting so I guess anything's possible with them.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1565: Jun 01, 2022 11:33:32 pm
      They did sign Gueye and Choupo-Moting so I guess anything's possible with them.

Ha ha True but 50m Euros with one Yr left kn his contract ?? I like Naby but would drive him there for that
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1566: Jun 01, 2022 11:35:04 pm
      Ha ha True but 50m Euros with one Yr left kn his contract ?? I like Naby but would drive him there for that

Go halves on the fuel with you!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1559 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1567: Jun 02, 2022 10:44:51 pm
      He's been better value this season but not often enough to make me think he is a long term option. I think of him as an addition who is nice to have at times as he offers different skills but he is far from essential in that area IMO. I would prefer just an altogether better and more reliable player if I'm honest. I think we will get one as well.

Couldn't agree more with this, yes, he's had a decent enough season, but is that really enough? Personally I don't think it is and I hope I'm wrong but somehow I see him going the same way as the Ox eventually, the longer he stays with us the worse he'll get because I just don't think he's consistent enough or quite frankly good enough, I'll give him another season to see how he performs and he proves me wrong, but after that time unless he improves dramatically I would then get shut. He really needs to step up, come on Nany lad you can do it !!

rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1568: Jun 06, 2022 07:06:06 pm
      Will piss a few off on here to hear that Naby looks like he will be getting a new deal
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1569: Jun 06, 2022 07:18:37 pm
      Will piss a few off on here to hear that Naby looks like he will be getting a new deal

i'm personally happy to hear that. Young enough and is coming off his best season for us. What he brings to the team is easy to see with his pressing, dribbling and passing ability.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1570: Jun 06, 2022 07:33:10 pm

Not me. Played well this season and looks to finally figured out his health issues. 👏
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1571: Jun 06, 2022 07:43:03 pm
      Not me. Played well this season and looks to finally figured out his health issues. 👏

Agree going off this season deserves a chance . Still think he can up it a notch and hopefully stay injury free
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1572: Jun 06, 2022 08:37:57 pm
      Agree going off this season deserves a chance . Still think he can up it a notch and hopefully stay injury free

If he does both, I have no problem. My issue with him has mostly been his availability. I will say I wasn't impressed with his last couple performances, but I also think he's probably one that needs a run of games to get in a groove.
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1573: Jun 06, 2022 09:15:21 pm
      If he does both, I have no problem. My issue with him has mostly been his availability. I will say I wasn't impressed with his last couple performances, but I also think he's probably one that needs a run of games to get in a groove.

Problem is he doesn't get a run ,usually in and out rotating with Henderson . Every player will say they need 5 or 6 games on the bounce to get some consistency but with the amount of games we played was difficult and with his past injuries needed managing.  Regarding his performance in the final 13 mins not enough and very difficult to make a mark as the other two found out
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1574: Jun 06, 2022 09:46:10 pm
      I trust Jürgen's judgement and Naby has done well this season time to look at the positives and we had a lot of them this season
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1575: Jun 07, 2022 08:36:57 am
      Dont know about Naby i dont think he influences games enough
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,456 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1576: Jun 07, 2022 09:26:45 am
      good news. Well done naby lad.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1577: Jun 07, 2022 02:14:15 pm
      Dont know about Naby i dont think he influences games enough

I dont get that man, but maybe it's me. When he's healthy and in form, he can run the game. Was amazing against MU and City in the semi final. Hendo won't play as much this season and I could see Naby getting more minutes. I really like the element he brings, way different than anything else anyone else brings to the table
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #1578: Jun 07, 2022 02:24:06 pm
      Simply isn’t good enough for the top level, I rather give jones/Elliott chances to develop

Sell him and ox and bring in another cm 23/24. He simply hasn’t cut it, is definitely a decent player but should be at a mid table team imo
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,611 posts | 366 
      Reply #1579: Jun 07, 2022 02:42:32 pm
      Getting a new deal apparently
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,968 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1580: Jun 07, 2022 03:05:00 pm
      Simply isn’t good enough for the top level, I rather give jones/Elliott chances to develop

Sell him and ox and bring in another cm 23/24. He simply hasn’t cut it, is definitely a decent player but should be at a mid table team imo

Give the lad a chance, he's had more good spells than bad.
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1581: Jun 09, 2022 07:09:02 pm
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2022 07:58:29 pm by rossyred »
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #1582: Jun 09, 2022 08:10:03 pm
      Give the lad a chance, he's had more good spells than bad.

I think he’s had 3 years or 4?

He’s at his peak now, I’m not having a go but we need better quality as our main 4th choice cm
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1583: Jun 09, 2022 08:19:51 pm
      Jürgen rates him and we can't make too many changes this summer it looks like we have a bit of a purge this summer trust Jürgen to once again make the right decisions he is pretty good at that
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1584: Jun 09, 2022 09:09:04 pm
      Keita is not good enough because he's too slow for modern football at its highest stage. His ball handling is world class though and he can equal out his flaw with it but it is not enough to be a special one (Shaq had the same issue). Get rid of him or keep him if he's ok with what he got so far because honestly he knows the system, is better than average and can be a good back-up. But I'd prefer to see a real gunner along Hendo and Fab, like a 22y. old Milner, a guy with a horse's lung, maybe Elliott/Carvalho can play that role?
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2022 09:19:53 pm by 0112358 »
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #1585: Jun 09, 2022 09:11:50 pm
      Jürgen rates him and we can't make too many changes this summer it looks like we have a bit of a purge this summer trust Jürgen to once again make the right decisions he is pretty good at that

The problem is rather that there are no teams interested. Unlike Mané nobody will pay anything for Keita but just wait another year to get him for free. That's why I'd extend with him if he does not want a raise, else let him walk next year.
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #1586: Jun 09, 2022 11:01:19 pm
      Keita is not good enough because he's too slow for modern football at its highest stage. His ball handling is world class though and he can equal out his flaw with it but it is not enough to be a special one (Shaq had the same issue). Get rid of him or keep him if he's ok with what he got so far because honestly he knows the system, is better than average and can be a good back-up. But I'd prefer to see a real gunner along Hendo and Fab, like a 22y. old Milner, a guy with a horse's lung, maybe Elliott/Carvalho can play that role?

Ha ha yeh cos the other 3 In midfield are rapid aren't they

Quick Reply