Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235219 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1886: Jan 17, 2023 01:51:53 pm
      But he wasn't this fragile in the Bundesliga. Something somewhere went terribly wrong with him physically.

Who knows mate, the EPL is a much more physical league, maybe that.

Could just be dumb luck, some players just seem to be more unlucky.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1887: Jan 17, 2023 02:48:13 pm
      Who knows mate, the EPL is a much more physical league, maybe that.

Could just be dumb luck, some players just seem to be more unlucky.

He was superb in the Bundasliga and also started very well for us

Last season during a number of games he was excellent- a fit Keita would be perfect for us , the problem is canā€™t rely on his staying fit
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1888: Jan 17, 2023 02:53:47 pm
      He was superb in the Bundasliga and also started very well for us

Last season during a number of games he was excellent- a fit Keita would be perfect for us , the problem is canā€™t rely on his staying fit

Most times when he plays is very good.

Just the fitness thing, such a shame.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #1889: Jan 17, 2023 03:35:15 pm
      Until the club announce it, itā€™s all just clickbait, twitter, media bullshit. No use discussing it.

🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø💩

Thanks mate. This really useful to my health  :D
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1890: Jan 17, 2023 10:23:08 pm
      Just play him until he breaks down, heā€™s miles ahead of Henderson in everything he does.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1891: Jan 17, 2023 11:41:11 pm
      Thatā€™s the first time I actually gave up on Naby since heā€™s arrived.

Was watching him, he was slow to release passes, bypassed easily in midfield, couldnā€™t stick a challenge and to me, he didnā€™t look too interested.

Then I read others say he had a good game which makes me think, was I more stoned then I thought?

I donā€™t think I was!
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1892: Jan 18, 2023 03:00:06 am

Was watching him, he was slow to release passes, bypassed easily in midfield, couldnā€™t stick a challenge and to me, he didnā€™t look too interested.

Then I read others say he had a good game which makes me think, was I more stoned then I thought?

I donā€™t think I was!
      He had a 6 or 7 out of 10 game as far as I'm concerned. Nothing extraordinary, but solid, press resistant and actually helped with the defensive workload. Those simple little things were nowhere to be seen from out midfield in the past 2 or 3 games and largely missing since the start of the season so that could explain why some of us (me included) felt like it was a pretty good performance from him (we're starved).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1893: Jan 18, 2023 07:46:01 am
      Just play him until he breaks down, heā€™s miles ahead of Henderson in everything he does.

I'd take that change as well

I've said on here he was out best and most consistent midfielder last season and stand by that.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #1894: Jan 18, 2023 07:56:36 am

I donā€™t think I was!

Without being brilliant I thought the lad did ok , have always thought this lad can play but he needs games unfortunately heā€™s never been able to sustain a run in the team , on the plus our midfield actually  looked like a midfield last night bit of tenacity about them , and got us going forward with some nice passing ,
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1895: Jan 18, 2023 08:11:40 am

I donā€™t think I was!

The BBC sport website has a feature where everyone can rate the players out of 10 and it gives an average. Naby is rated as our worst player last night (5.58 out of 10).
      I thought he did ok, maybe we are conditioned to MF players being really bad in the last few months.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2023 08:39:23 am by gazred »
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1896: Jan 18, 2023 08:13:06 am
      Gets in ahead of Hendo and Fab right now for me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #1897: Jan 18, 2023 08:16:58 am
      Gets in ahead of Hendo and Fab right now for me.

100% along with Bajcetic.

I'd start those two at the weekend.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1898: Jan 18, 2023 09:08:46 am

I donā€™t think I was!

Naby gets a lot of hype but I thought he had a 6/10 game, some good spells but a lot of rubbish in there too. The other two in midfield were far superior.

At the moment Naby should be getting in ahead of Hendo on that right side of the midfield three though.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1899: Jan 18, 2023 09:10:48 am

I donā€™t think I was!

Your always stoned, how the fcuk you manage to be top of the prediction league with you head.  :lmao:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1900: Jan 18, 2023 09:38:03 am
      First full game in how long ? Tired a little to the end but if you can't see how he benefits the midfield with his attributes I can't help you
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1901: Jan 18, 2023 03:02:52 pm
      Does anyone dismiss his contribution when heā€™s healthy? Heā€™d be a great player to have for sure, he just needs to be available.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1902: Jan 18, 2023 03:36:08 pm
      First full game in how long ? Tired a little to the end but if you can't see how he benefits the midfield with his attributes I can't help you

Apparently he has been available for 81 out of the last 109 games

most of the games missed are this season with his hamstring
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1903: Jan 18, 2023 04:21:20 pm
      Does anyone dismiss his contribution when heā€™s healthy? Heā€™d be a great player to have for sure, he just needs to be available.

Certainly do ..Walking round like a divvy the latest
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1904: Jan 18, 2023 04:22:33 pm
      Apparently he has been available for 81 out of the last 109 games

most of the games missed are this season with his hamstring

Not going to happen with us unfortunately just hope we can get some solid games after all he is now shop window so will be looking to impress new suitors
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #1905: Jan 18, 2023 04:53:43 pm

I'm not a fan of keita ... as you probably know. But, I did praise him last night ... and I had him in my starting team at Brighton where he wasn't picked. Had him to start last night and I've put him to start against Chelsea.

It's never personal ... its about the team and right now, if fit I'd put him in it and hope he showed me why.

Decent game last night ... won some tackles and if he can actually string some games together he'd offer more than fabinho, Henderson etc. Big IF though.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1906: Jan 18, 2023 05:01:29 pm
      Not going to happen with us unfortunately just hope we can get some solid games after all he is now shop window so will be looking to impress new suitors

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if they are still talking about a new contract with him
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1907: Jan 18, 2023 05:13:21 pm
      I'm not a fan of keita ... as you probably know. But, I did praise him last night ... and I had him in my starting team at Brighton where he wasn't picked. Had him to start last night and I've put him to start against Chelsea.

It's never personal ... its about the team and right now, if fit I'd put him in it and hope he showed me why.

Decent game last night ... won some tackles and if he can actually string some games together he'd offer more than fabinho, Henderson etc. Big IF though.

Can understand  fully frustration shown towards him especially around fitness issues . Played a lot last season and if anything possibly underused but then wham another lengthy layoff. He isn't the only one injured now Jones and others laid low. Suppose just got to get as much out of him as possible whilst fit
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1908: Jan 18, 2023 05:15:20 pm
      It wouldnā€™t surprise me if they are still talking about a new contract with him

Heard broke down due to salary decrease around fitness concerns which in all fairness he can't really argue with but then again sure new clubs will be bearing that in mind maybe going on a free will.compensate for that

Quick Reply