Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Naby Keita (Liverpool -> SV Werder Bremen)

Read 235277 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Re: Naby Keita Player Thread (M)
      Reply #1955: Mar 08, 2023 01:27:23 pm
      Buying him made sense at the time. He was pulling up trees in Germany and all the evidence was that he'd be a good signing. Didn't quite work out, partly due to injuries, but perfectly understandable that we signed him. The only really baffling signing of the Klopp era is Ox. £40m if memory serves? For a player with his injury record at the time? Naby was a different kettle of fish, just a bit unlucky from our point of view.

Did Ox not have just one year  left on his contract as well
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1956: Mar 08, 2023 01:50:47 pm
      Did Ox not have just one year  left on his contract as well

Feel sorry for OX the serious injuries he got has really fu**ed his career.

Be lucky to see him in a red shirt again this season.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1957: Mar 08, 2023 02:03:22 pm
      Buying him made sense at the time. He was pulling up trees in Germany and all the evidence was that he'd be a good signing. Didn't quite work out, partly due to injuries, but perfectly understandable that we signed him. The only really baffling signing of the Klopp era is Ox. £40m if memory serves? For a player with his injury record at the time? Naby was a different kettle of fish, just a bit unlucky from our point of view.

Ox cost around 35M i believe and while i do recall there were some injury concerns, he was only 23/24 when we got him and he was coming along very nicely until that injury against Roma. That totally changed his career but prior to that he was boss in the midfield powering past people and firing rockets past goalies.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1958: Mar 08, 2023 02:04:59 pm
      Feel sorry for OX the serious injuries he got has really fu**ed his career.

Be lucky to see him in a red shirt again this season.

He's likely done and since most of our players are back from injury he probably won't even make most game squads. Maybe towards the end of the season Jürgen will put him on the bench in case we have a big lead and he can give Ox a few minutes late in the game as a goodbye token, but don't see him getting much more than that.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1959: Mar 08, 2023 02:47:41 pm
      He's likely done and since most of our players are back from injury he probably won't even make most game squads. Maybe towards the end of the season Jürgen will put him on the bench in case we have a big lead and he can give Ox a few minutes late in the game as a goodbye token, but don't see him getting much more than that.

AGREED.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1960: Mar 08, 2023 02:51:16 pm

Even Ox is a tad unlucky

He arrived and in his first season was very good , cemented a place in the first team until he got that nasty knee injury against Roma which had him out for a year

The year we won the league he played 43 games for us and last year it was 30 plus games

When he got a run of games he did well , provided a bit more of an attacking threat
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #1961: Mar 08, 2023 09:32:58 pm
      Even Ox is a tad unlucky

He arrived and in his first season was very good , cemented a place in the first team until he got that nasty knee injury against Roma which had him out for a year

The year we won the league he played 43 games for us and last year it was 30 plus games

When he got a run of games he did well , provided a bit more of an attacking threat

Quite surprised he played that many games for us in either season to be honest. Possibly confirmation bias on my part. I didn't want us to sign him and had the impression he was injury prone at Arsenal. He seems to have been out injured a lot to me, but maybe not quite as much as I thought. Still think we paid way over the odds for him mind you.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 790 posts | 273 
      Reply #1962: Mar 08, 2023 09:59:42 pm
      Quite surprised he played that many games for us in either season to be honest. Possibly confirmation bias on my part. I didn't want us to sign him and had the impression he was injury prone at Arsenal. He seems to have been out injured a lot to me, but maybe not quite as much as I thought. Still think we paid way over the odds for him mind you.

Probably paid a bit extra because he is English.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1963: Mar 13, 2023 10:04:40 pm
      Kids been the worst signing of the Klopp era based on the fee, availability, and talent. The few times he's had a run of games he's shown his talent, however, those times have been few and far between.

We paid a huge fee for a talented lad whose weaker than pond water. He seems to have the exact opposite mentality as Robbo, Mily, and Firmino. Will be glad to see him leave
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #1964: Mar 14, 2023 12:14:40 am
      Kids been the worst signing of the Klopp era based on the fee, availability, and talent. The few times he's had a run of games he's shown his talent, however, those times have been few and far between.

We paid a huge fee for a talented lad whose weaker than pond water. He seems to have the exact opposite mentality as Robbo, Mily, and Firmino. Will be glad to see him leave
      The sad thing with him is his injury record before joining us. Every time I take a look at it I'm puzzled. I'm not saying the lad was injury free, but he missed what looks like minimal game time both at Salzburg and Leipzig. As soon as he joined us its like he looked into the eyes of the glass version of Medusa and turned.

If we manage to replace him and Matip (another player that is brilliant when fit and in form) with players of similar quality, but more fitness/resistance then we'll see a huge effect on the team's ability to power through seasons.

Edit: I'll also add that it was a mistake to not ship him after the end of the second or third season of his contract. I was a huge supporter of the idea of giving him another chance because I saw the quality every time he was fit and in form, but I was wrong, we should've cut our losses and tried to replace him because this lad (or that type of midfielder) you buy with the vision of him being your engine room in midfield. Playing season after season without the engine in your midfield is not a good idea and just takes so much from everyone else in that midfield.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1965: Mar 14, 2023 10:18:37 am
      TBH.

Bit boring now slagging naby or even discussing it.

Summary... Hes been a failure of a transfer mostly, been injured a lot and is leaving. Think that covers it. ;D
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #1966: May 21, 2023 08:42:25 am
      Good luck Naby lad not clearly worked out as we would have liked but won't be the first or last that happens to.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1967: May 22, 2023 11:27:10 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1968: May 22, 2023 11:40:39 am
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1969: May 22, 2023 01:45:38 pm
      Such a disappointing time here. A complete player, has it all to be one of the best midfielders in the game, but the injuries just never stopped once he put on the red shirt. One of the biggest "what could have been"s.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1970: May 22, 2023 07:19:06 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #1971: May 22, 2023 07:26:02 pm
      Such a disappointing time here. A complete player, has it all to be one of the best midfielders in the game, but the injuries just never stopped once he put on the red shirt. One of the biggest "what could have been"s.

Really disappointing - his trophy cabinet won’t look bad though.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #1972: May 22, 2023 07:47:09 pm

No longer in red. He won’t be injured anymore.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #1973: May 23, 2023 05:25:14 am
      The internet is undefeated  :lmao:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1974: Jun 09, 2023 11:49:42 am
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #1975: Jun 09, 2023 12:21:33 pm
      Millsy75
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts | 40 
      Reply #1976: Jun 09, 2023 12:44:01 pm
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,973 posts | 666 
      Reply #1977: Jun 09, 2023 01:08:13 pm
      All these digs at him about fitness are so petty...he's gone...... Can you not let it go it's not like you were paying his wages?

Quick Reply