Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167722 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #414: Apr 26, 2018 06:22:15 am
      Devastating for Alex, he was a massive part of Jürgen's tactics and how we attack, f**k the World cup though wasn't to bothered if I'm honest, he'd most likely be a bench warmer anyhoo,

Hope he recovers quickly and uses the close season to his advantage  ,

Solutions....
      Our mids are even weaker now so we can push Trent forward and play Gomez as RWB,
      Integrate Woodburn as from this weekend and/or recall Harry Wilson from his loan at Hull, either are capable of of filling the void even if its just to relieve Gini or Milner for half hour, inexperienced of course but so was young Trent not so long ago,
      We have 5 games max until the end of season so not a bad time to introduce new blood even if only for the Stoke & Brighton games?

YNWA

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #415: Apr 26, 2018 08:04:50 am
      Devastating for Alex, he was a massive part of Jürgen's tactics and how we attack, f**k the World cup though wasn't to bothered if I'm honest, he'd most likely be a bench warmer anyhoo,

Hope he recovers quickly and uses the close season to his advantage  ,

Solutions....
      Our mids are even weaker now so we can push Trent forward and play Gomez as RWB,
      Integrate Woodburn as from this weekend and/or recall Harry Wilson from his loan at Hull, either are capable of of filling the void even if its just to relieve Gini or Milner for half hour, inexperienced of course but so was young Trent not so long ago,
      We have 5 games max until the end of season so not a bad time to introduce new blood even if only for the Stoke & Brighton games?

YNWA

Yeah we need to start blooding one of the youngsters as cover in midfield, hopefully when we are 3 or 4 up against Stoke this weekend. pushing Trent into midfield is another good shout or how about Danny as AM?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #416: Apr 26, 2018 08:19:23 am
      Paul Joyce reporting that it's not ACL, and the club hopes that he will be fit at the start of the next season.

That’s as good as could have been hoped for.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #417: Apr 26, 2018 09:28:43 am
      After yesterday's varied reports, the best news this morning!!

https://twitter.com/LFCFansCorner/status/989387700972204032
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #418: Apr 26, 2018 09:44:46 am
      Absolutely gutted for the Ox. Just when he was in full flow and playing such an important part in our recent run of good form this happens.

Hopefully he'll be ready for the new campaign and we can soften the blow for him with a nice Champions League winners medal.

All the best Ox!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #419: Apr 26, 2018 09:52:13 am
      tragic for him to miss the rest of the season and world cup. Class of him to be so respectful to put it in perspective to the fan in hospital.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #420: Apr 26, 2018 10:05:22 am
      Paul Joyce reporting that it's not ACL, and the club hopes that he will be fit at the start of the next season.
      Still gutted for the lad but I'm sure it's softed the blow a bit for him.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #421: Apr 27, 2018 10:10:06 pm
      Looking at Ox injury history is not very re assuring.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #422: Apr 27, 2018 11:07:52 pm
      Love this comment from Klopp regarding Chamberlain's injury.

https://twitter.com/DiggerBarnes11/status/989885851520905216
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #423: May 01, 2018 03:00:45 pm
      Hope we don’t miss this lad for the run in to the end of the season. He seems to have held the midfield the way our previous captain used to. Combination of grit creativity and some bit of mobility. Hope we don’t miss him too much.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #424: May 11, 2018 12:15:23 pm
      Ox's knee surgery was a success and he's expected to return for pre season.

Great news.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #425: May 11, 2018 12:20:20 pm
      Was just reading that. Given the nature of his injury, having him for the start of next season is the best scenario, so really fantastic news.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #426: May 11, 2018 12:22:02 pm
      Ox's knee surgery was a success and he's expected to return for pre season.

Great news.

See that weapon Graeme Kelly saying Ox is out for at least 9 months.

Poor start to his time with us, one of the worst debuts I’ve seen in a long time. But credit to him, I don’t like the guy but that’s a different story...but I have never been afraid to admit I was wrong ability/performance wise with any player, he has proved his worth in the build up to his injury with some vital goals and performances. Can’t ask for any more than that, can actually see a place for him in the team and just goes to show Wenger didn’t have a clue how to utilise him. Could be in for a big season.
      « Last Edit: May 11, 2018 12:26:49 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #427: May 11, 2018 01:55:06 pm

Poor start to his time with us, one of the worst debuts I’ve seen in a long time. But credit to him, I don’t like the guy but that’s a different story...but I have never been afraid to admit I was wrong ability/performance wise with any player, he has proved his worth in the build up to his injury with some vital goals and performances. Can’t ask for any more than that, can actually see a place for him in the team and just goes to show Wenger didn’t have a clue how to utilise him. Could be in for a big season.

Why don't you like him mate do you mean on a personality level?

I love how much he has embraced the club since joining. Seems like an intelligent and articulate lad too based on the interviews he's done.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #428: May 11, 2018 03:09:05 pm

I was on the same boat as you, but to a lesser extent. And today, he is probably my fave player along with the "black Suarez" :D

If he can regain full fitness and return back to what he has shown since Coutinho left, I can see him becoming one of the best attacking mids in world football!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #429: May 11, 2018 04:21:35 pm
      Get well soon. I thought why did we buy him in the 1st place but he showed what he is capable of!
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #430: May 14, 2018 01:04:48 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #431: May 14, 2018 03:40:48 pm
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #432: May 14, 2018 04:20:10 pm
      I think once we knew ligaments were involved that he was going to be out for a while. Not something that's going to recover in a few weeks. Feel awful for the kid who was playing great. Let's hope it does not impact his career.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #433: May 14, 2018 04:50:38 pm

The only small crumb of comfort is that his injury is spread out across two seasons with a three month off season in between. 

Regardless, I back him to come back from this sooner rather than later. He's clearly a determined and ambitious young man and it's good to hear that the operation was a success.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #434: May 14, 2018 05:01:32 pm
      The only small crumb of comfort is that his injury is spread out across two seasons with a three month off season in between. 

Regardless, I back him to come back from this sooner rather than later. He's clearly a determined and ambitious young man and it's good to hear that the operation was a success.

Is this the same injury Mane had when he got hurt vs. Everton? He came back in 3 months time i believe.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #435: May 14, 2018 08:10:40 pm
      Is it 6 months out from when the injury happened or 6 months from now?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #436: May 14, 2018 08:21:30 pm
      Is it 6 months out from when the injury happened or 6 months from now?

I assume after the operation is where they knew how long he'd be out for, so back Oct/Nov.

Quick Reply