Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167747 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #506: Jan 21, 2019 01:21:16 pm
      Its all good, looks like he is ahead of schedule, but I've seen plenty interviews with klopp, theres no way anyone at LFC will rush him back.

minimum 1 month normal training then maybe u23 as sub, and build up fitness that way, perhaps end of march on the bench for 1st team, all going well.

But who really knows with these things.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #507: Jan 21, 2019 02:16:22 pm
      With such a tough injury, i'd be happy if he's getting 20 minutes a game by end of the season to start getting his timing and match fitness back, then be able to have a full summer and pre-season to get ready for 2019-2020.

Not just is the physical aspect going to take a while, but once he is fit to play in games he will likely look well off the pace having missed so much time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #508: Jan 21, 2019 03:19:06 pm
      With such a tough injury, i'd be happy if he's getting 20 minutes a game by end of the season to start getting his timing and match fitness back, then be able to have a full summer and pre-season to get ready for 2019-2020.

Not just is the physical aspect going to take a while, but once he is fit to play in games he will likely look well off the pace having missed so much time.

I think we'll start seeing him in little cameos by the beginning of March and then him being fully available beginning of April, could be a hell of a boost to the team.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #509: Jan 21, 2019 09:36:58 pm
      I think we'll start seeing him in little cameos by the beginning of March and then him being fully available beginning of April, could be a hell of a boost to the team.

Anything will be a bonus and great to see pictures if him with the lads.

He won't be rushed back which is good.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #510: Jan 23, 2019 01:36:02 am
      Liverpool handed HUGE boost after Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain injury update
      The Reds won't take any risks with the midfielder but he is on course to make an early return

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is on course to give Liverpool a massive boost in pursuit of Premier League and Champions League glory.

The Reds midfielder has taken the next step on the comeback trail from a serious knee injury during this week's warm weather training camp in Dubai.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has looked sharp during some ball work sessions outside with the club's fitness and conditioning staff.

Liverpool remain reluctant to put a timeframe on his return but the ECHO understands that he should be back in full training at Melwood by mid to late February.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp had initially feared that the Ā£35million signing from Arsenal would miss the entire campaign so he's well ahead of schedule.

The Reds won't take any risks with Oxlade-Chamberlain but it's realistic that he will be available for selection in March.

He could even be an option for the second leg of the Champions League last 16 second leg away to Bayern Munich on March 13.

By that stage Liverpool will have eight Premier League matches left to play as they chase a first top-flight crown since 1990. The creative talents of the England international could be crucial as they compete on two fronts.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has been sidelined since he ruptured ligaments in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final against Roma at Anfield last April.

After learning that the 25-year-old needed surgery, Klopp vowed ā€œwe will wait for Alex like a good wife when a man is in prisonā€.

Oxlade-Chamberlain grew in stature over the course of last season ā€“ scoring five goals in 42 appearances following his move from Arsenal.

Speaking last week, Klopp said: ā€œHeā€™s on a very good way but it will still take time.

ā€œWhen I see him running or on the ball, it looks good, promising, close to a return but he had so long out. I think we will see him this season.ā€
      https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-huge-oxlade-chamberlain-update-15718306
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #511: Jan 24, 2019 02:28:15 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_1xJvUWuM

Tbh, I am unsur we will see this type of Ox anymore, but I do wonder if Ox will play simliar to Fekir and become more of a playmaker type.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #512: Jan 24, 2019 02:35:19 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_1xJvUWuM

Tbh, I am unsur we will see this type of Ox anymore, but I do wonder if Ox will play simliar to Fekir and become more of a playmaker type.

Not sure he has the passing ability to do a Fekir role in the team. Hopefully he can return to how he was when he got injured, he was playing a fairly advanced role of the midfield 3, often getting the ball and driving forward with it before unleashing a shot and it was working well, certainly worked against City.
      Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not saying heā€™s not got a pass in his locker, heā€™s proven he has a good pass on him, I just think he has attributes more suited to powering forward rather than sitting as a playmaker.

Will go one of 2 ways, will either be the Ox we first signed, which was shocking. Or the Ox that came out as the season progressed. Lots of players have struggled after returning from an injury not as severe as his, but then there are players like Wilson who have had multiple ACL injuries but now look like it never happened. Itā€™s all about attitude and management I think, and with Klopp heā€™s got the perfect manager to get him back/better than when he got the injury.
      « Last Edit: Jan 24, 2019 02:39:48 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #513: Jan 24, 2019 02:43:00 pm
      Not sure he has the passing ability to do a Fekir role in the team. Hopefully he can return to how he was when he got injured, he was playing a fairly advanced role of the midfield 3, often getting the ball and driving forward with it before unleashing a shot and it was working well, certainly worked against City.

Will go one of 2 ways, will either be the Ox we first signed, which was shocking. Or the Ox that came out as the season progressed. Lots of players have struggled after returning from an injury not as severe as his, but then there are players like Wilson who have had multiple ACL injuries but now look like it never happened. Itā€™s all about attitude and management I think, and with Klopp heā€™s got the perfect manager to get him back/better than when he got the injury.

I think with the severity of his injury, he will lose some agility and pace, I think that will force him to change his playing style. I also don't think we will see the best in him until the 2nd half of next season. But yeah, I do hope I am wrong and we see the same Ox as before, but I am very doubtful.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #514: Jan 24, 2019 02:52:07 pm
      I think with the severity of his injury, he will lose some agility and pace, I think that will force him to change his playing style. I also don't think we will see the best in him until the 2nd half of next season. But yeah, I do hope I am wrong and we see the same Ox as before, but I am very doubtful.

Looking forward to seeing what happens. The thing that concerns me most is if weā€™ve moved on too much without him. Sturridge, Lallana and Clyne were all important players for us but at the time they picked up a big injury, the team came on so far in that period of time that we essentially outgrew them because they are just trying to get back to the level they were at previously.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #515: Jan 25, 2019 02:35:59 am
      Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m not saying heā€™s not got a pass in his locker, heā€™s proven he has a good pass on him, I just think he has attributes more suited to powering forward rather than sitting as a playmaker.

I think if he keeps the attitude he's had since sustaining the injury then he will return to the level he was before the injury.

The crucial thing will be that the fans understand that this is not a normal injury and that he will probably need months (which puts us well into next season) before he can start showing 100% of what he was showing when he got injured.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #516: Jan 25, 2019 09:26:57 am
      Wow! What a fast recovery by the Ox. This will be like a new signing. Can't wait for him to come back, we have been missing the skills and tricks he brings to us from the midfield area. Don't expect to see him back straight away, we all know how mindful Klopp is about bringing players back too early. A concern i share with Klopp in its entirety.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #517: Jan 25, 2019 10:19:59 am
      Need to reign all this talk in a bit. Been out for about a year and will need to be eased back in very easily and will need time.Understandable but people getting a bit carried away
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #518: Jan 25, 2019 10:41:27 am
      Need to reign all this talk in a bit. Been out for about a year and will need to be eased back in very easily and will need time.Understandable but people getting a bit carried away

But we really need a boost mate - weā€™re toiling at the moment you know  :f_tongueincheek:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #519: Jan 25, 2019 10:47:02 am

I'm not sure anyone is getting that carried away but its a hell of a boost to have an extra attacking option for the final push over the line. Its a very nice bonus.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #520: Jan 25, 2019 11:39:48 am

Agree he will need a proper pre season before we see anything of the best from him and thatā€™s assuming a full recovery from a very serious injury.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #521: Jan 25, 2019 12:59:34 pm
      Come on lads. Nobody is expecting him to come straight back in and set the world alight. It's a great bit of news and people are excited. We are hardly setting the world on fire in midfield at the moment. He is well ahead of schedule. You never know, he may just play a contributing part in a title win.

Luckily there is no standard metric for fracture/break recoveries and that also applies to acclimatisation as well. Positive thoughts. ;D ;D ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #522: Jan 25, 2019 01:21:05 pm

No reason he can't regain his full abilities with a measured rehab plan and being worked back in at his own pace. He should most certainly be the same player he was if he's healed properly and has no complications.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #523: Jan 25, 2019 01:26:09 pm
      No reason he can't regain his full abilities with a measured rehab plan and being worked back in at his own pace. He should most certainly be the same player he was if he's healed properly and has no complications.

Exactly.
      Techniques are so advanced now for an injury that used to end careers, plus he'll have had the best of everything medically.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #524: Jan 25, 2019 10:51:23 pm
      Delighted to see he's not classified as injured anymore and it's more about getting him up to match fitness.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #525: Jan 25, 2019 10:57:47 pm
      Delighted to see he's not classified as injured anymore and it's more about getting him up to match fitness.

Nice read mate - Iā€™d missed that.

What a player he was blossoming into.

Tick tock :)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #526: Jan 25, 2019 11:00:24 pm
      Nice read mate - Iā€™d missed that.

What a player he was blossoming into.

Tick tock :)

Klopp said he looks great in training but they want to slowly bringing him back in so that they have him for years.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #527: Jan 26, 2019 06:59:43 am
      I think we will see him in March for the last leg of the league.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #528: Feb 05, 2019 01:46:42 pm
      Ox was just added to our CL squad.

Quick Reply