Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167840 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #943: Jan 23, 2022 08:45:31 pm
      Problem with Taki is he is more comfortable playing from the left or through the middle - and that’s where Jota is as well

Yeah its the catch 22, players need games but apart from the odd occassion or injuries they just cant get them. And then when they do play they lack that match sharpness, tgat, only playing matches brings
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #944: Jan 23, 2022 09:10:57 pm
      Yeah its the catch 22, players need games but apart from the odd occassion or injuries they just cant get them. And then when they do play they lack that match sharpness, tgat, only playing matches brings

Think will see Taki , Bobby and Gordon play against Cardiff - there is a player , lots of ability and every now and then you can see fleeting moments of skill from taki

As for Ox - he adds that extra drive and running with the ball from midfield , Klopp really likes him and the rest of the season is key for Ox
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #945: Jan 23, 2022 09:25:17 pm
      Think will see Taki , Bobby and Gordon play against Cardiff - there is a player , lots of ability and every now and then you can see fleeting moments of skill from taki

As for Ox - he adds that extra drive and running with the ball from midfield , Klopp really likes him and the rest of the season is key for Ox

Any chance Origi is back for Cardiff? Don't remember if Jürgen gave us a timetable on his return.

Taki-Origi-Gordon would be a nice trio up front and give Bobby a rest as i believe he's started 4 in a row over a short span.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,480 posts | 3285 
      Reply #946: Jan 23, 2022 09:29:13 pm
      Any chance Origi is back for Cardiff? Don't remember if Jürgen gave us a timetable on his return.

Taki-Origi-Gordon would be a nice trio up front and give Bobby a rest as i believe he's started 4 in a row over a short span.

Only thing seen is that they are all back after the International breaks
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #947: Jan 23, 2022 09:48:00 pm

Jota will play FA Cup no way they have 18 days rest and then expect to go from off in next league game
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #948: Feb 19, 2022 01:02:43 pm
      He is fit again right? I notice none of the squad predictions have him in it. Has he fallen 5that far down the selection list?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #949: Feb 20, 2022 10:36:52 pm
      Put in an absolute stinker v Norwich but I know the more game time he gets, the better he becomes.

I just don't see him getting consecutive game time to get any rhythm though.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #950: Mar 01, 2022 01:19:00 am
      Watch the way Tsmikas acted during the celebration compared to Ox. Ox looked like he couldn't be bothered, while Kostas looked over the moon. Both were unused subs. Difference is one looks thrilled to be here, and the other acted like some stole his lunch.

Ox has been a great servant over the years, but the way he acted yesterday was a little ridiculous IMO. I get it, hes a squad player and atm we were very healthy, so he won't get used as much as he probably would like. But he's still part of this team, I'd like to see him act like it.....

Love Tsmikas btw. Kid seems to have an awesome attitude and is loved inside the dressing room.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #951: Mar 01, 2022 08:33:17 am
      Watch the way Tsmikas acted during the celebration compared to Ox. Ox looked like he couldn't be bothered, while Kostas looked over the moon. Both were unused subs. Difference is one looks thrilled to be here, and the other acted like some stole his lunch.

Ox has been a great servant over the years, but the way he acted yesterday was a little ridiculous IMO. I get it, hes a squad player and atm we were very healthy, so he won't get used as much as he probably would like. But he's still part of this team, I'd like to see him act like it.....

Game recently, against Norwich, at full time everyone was celebrating on the bench and he was just sat there looking miserable after he'd been taken off. Ever since he was a teenager it was all about him, if it wasn't going his way then he looked as though he couldn't care less about the team, obviously he never grew out of it.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #952: Mar 01, 2022 09:25:16 am
      If he starts tonight, needs to put in a good performance, hes slipping down pecking order.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #953: Mar 01, 2022 09:37:24 am
      If he starts tonight, needs to put in a good performance, hes slipping down pecking order.

Not sure he was ever in it mate.
      PTU
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,079 posts | 630 
      Reply #954: Mar 01, 2022 10:02:28 am

Before his injury in 2018, there were a few months where he was unplayable.
      Story of his career, unfortunately. He will always be a 'what could have been' player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #955: Mar 01, 2022 10:12:51 am
      Before his injury in 2018, there were a few months where he was unplayable.
      Story of his career, unfortunately. He will always be a 'what could have been' player.

Didn’t really even rate him then, thought it was all hyped up. Never been more than squad player from what I saw of him. Should get rid of him in summer, he’s dead wood now for a side such as yours.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #956: Mar 01, 2022 11:23:33 am

;D.

Everytime I think hes a goner, he has a decent game, and then hes back.

Im now thinking with the youngsters coming through and diaz doing so well, he will probably leave in the summer.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #957: Mar 01, 2022 12:38:49 pm
      I wouldnt read a lot into that kind of thing, other players arent hoping around either. I do think hell be gone in the summer though
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #958: Mar 01, 2022 02:50:10 pm
      ;D.

Everytime I think hes a goner, he has a decent game, and then hes back.

Im now thinking with the youngsters coming through and diaz doing so well, he will probably leave in the summer.

Diaz already confirmed himself ( IMHO ) as  top 11 in your side. How does Klopp find these gems time after time  :f_doh:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #959: Mar 01, 2022 02:53:44 pm
      Diaz already confirmed himself ( IMHO ) as  top 11 in your side. How does Klopp find these gems time after time  :f_doh:

Probably has something to do with signing players based on ability and potential to fit into our team and system rather than signing players based on name...i.e. Ronaldo, Sancho, Grealish etc.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #960: Mar 01, 2022 03:13:47 pm

Quality of scouts, operations and management (which obviously includes Jürgen) and everyone in the boat rowing in the same direction, while you have someone who wants to row right, the other left, the other forward and the other backward.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #961: Mar 01, 2022 03:44:42 pm

Aye. doesnt often fail with the signings and when they do fail its just rotten luck with injuries generally.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #962: Mar 06, 2022 11:45:21 pm
      Didn’t really even rate him then, thought it was all hyped up. Never been more than squad player from what I saw of him. Should get rid of him in summer, he’s dead wood now for a side such as yours.

We really don't care if you rate a Liverpool player at all though, mate.  :action-smiley-055:

Rate your own mob and how sh*t they are before talking about our lads!!!

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #963: Mar 07, 2022 06:05:14 am
      We really don't care if you rate a Liverpool player at all though, mate.  :action-smiley-055:

Rate your own mob and how sh*t they are before talking about our lads!!!

He could get on our team and join our sh*te if you want, he’ll settle in just fine with them  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #964: Mar 07, 2022 06:15:28 am
      He could get on our team and join our sh*te if you want, he’ll settle in just fine with them  :lmao:

No mate, he's much better then McFred. Injuries are his issues like many.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #965: Mar 07, 2022 10:14:44 am
      No mate, he's much better then McFred. Injuries are his issues like many.

Div 3 players better than Fred  :lmao:

Quick Reply