Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167804 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #230: Dec 18, 2017 08:15:11 am
      His best game for us by far.

Keep it up lad.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #231: Dec 18, 2017 10:04:26 am
      Starting too look a real player and showed maturity on & off (the interview) the pitch.  Glad to see the stick he was taking (a lot even before he'd kicked a ball!) has dried up.  Going to be a genuine asset and should start regularly in midfield, for me.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #232: Dec 18, 2017 10:18:34 am
      Looks to be settling in very nicely, and is showing that he is a good player.  He was also very good in the interview, and spoke like a senior pro.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #233: Dec 18, 2017 01:57:03 pm
      Looks to be settling in very nicely, and is showing that he is a good player.  He was also very good in the interview, and spoke like a senior pro.

I think he has all the characteristics of a leader. He handled that interview like a straight OG. Let’s stick it to the gooners and make him Captain this Friday.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #234: Dec 18, 2017 02:01:28 pm
      I think he has all the characteristics of a leader. He handled that interview like a straight OG. Let’s stick it to the gooners and make him Captain this Friday.

It will be even better if he score this weekend.   :lmao:
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #235: Dec 18, 2017 04:47:49 pm
      It will be even better if he score this weekend.   :lmao:

First career hat trick  :lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #236: Dec 18, 2017 05:58:09 pm
      Played well, deserve place in the team. Professional answer as well. He will continue to learn under Klopp.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #237: Dec 19, 2017 01:43:27 pm
      Hes about as subtle as a brick on the pitch and he could go the sam way as Hendo and Milner in the way the result dictates how a lot of us will assess his game.

He's working hard though and he's a battler no doubt. We won at weekend so thats enough for this week. When we are losing/drawing though he will frustrate if his end product doesn't improve.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #238: Dec 19, 2017 01:47:26 pm
      Hes about as subtle as a brick on the pitch and he could go the sam way as Hendo and Milner in the way the result dictates how a lot of us will assess his game.

He's working hard though and he's a battler no doubt. We won at weekend so thats enough for this week. When we are losing/drawing though he will frustrate if his end product doesn't improve.

Agree to an extent mate but same true of all players.

Phil was exceptionally frustrating last Wed but really good on Sunday.......difference was the end product.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #239: Dec 19, 2017 01:55:15 pm
      Good game last week. Wasn't a MOTM imho, though topped the poll (maybe having Arsenal fan Alan Smyth give him the MOTM swayed people too?). Was quick and positive, and took the opportunity after Mane's recent poor form well. Still overhits passes when looks easier not too, but starting to show some decent form.

Not sure I'd play him back at the Emirates vs Arse if Mane is fit though..

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #240: Dec 19, 2017 07:12:48 pm
      Agree to an extent mate but same true of all players.

Phil was exceptionally frustrating last Wed but really good on Sunday.......difference was the end product.

Yeah but i think Cou is able to decide his own fate in that he can and will win games for us. Ox your looking at 5 goals a season from so the result of matches will dictate whether or not people think hes doing well or not.

Coutinho might be frustrating in the odd game but there's no doubting his status, Ox has to rely on the team i think.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #241: Dec 19, 2017 07:22:31 pm
      Yeah but i think Cou is able to decide his own fate in that he can and will win games for us. Ox your looking at 5 goals a season from so the result of matches will dictate whether or not people think hes doing well or not.

Coutinho might be frustrating in the odd game but there's no doubting his status, Ox has to rely on the team i think.

Different types of players and with different roles in team.

I still think every player finds it easier when the team is playing well.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #242: Dec 21, 2017 07:01:52 pm
      http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/soccer-transfers/3/post/3319495/liverpool-arsenal-see-differing-results-after-keeping-philippe-coutinho-alexis-sanchez

There was an awkward moment following Liverpool's Premier League victory at Bournemouth last Sunday, when Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain interrupted a postmatch televised interview with Philippe Coutinho following one question too many about his future at Anfield.
      "He's been the most professional person I've seen all season," Oxlade-Chamberlain said, as Coutinho struggled for the right words to describe his own situation at the club. "He's been top quality from the start and every time he gets on the pitch he does his all for the club.
      "That's the most important thing right now and it's not fair to ask those kind of questions."
      Coutinho, despite his reluctance to rule out another push to leave in the near future, has knuckled down and got on with the job since failing to secure an escape route to the Camp Nou and Oxlade-Chamberlain's actions reflect the sense among his teammates that the playmaker is making a contribution.

Didn't see the interview, but AOC gets some credit in my book for giving Cou a dig out.
      Regardless what I think of Cou's exit strategy, I like to see players who stand up for their teammates.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #243: Dec 21, 2017 10:34:52 pm
      We can debate his price tag all day, but at the end of the day, he seems to be settling in, working hard, and becoming somewhat of a leader. I’m happy with that. Hope he realizes his potential with us.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #244: Dec 27, 2017 12:33:43 am
      He's been a fine cog in our machine of late. I'm sure he'll bloom even further!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #245: Dec 27, 2017 03:35:25 am
      Very happy for the Lad to get his first goal at Anfield, even better than it was in front of the Kop. YNWA Ox
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #246: Dec 27, 2017 05:17:20 am
      Still feel old thinking i saw his dad and uncle play
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #247: Dec 27, 2017 07:24:00 am
      In his interview, he said he was a little disappointing for his performance and I thought that he played well. Hope his attitude continues to be the same. He looks fit as well.

I always that he had pace only to his game but what do I know?

Keep working hard Alex. He wants to be on the mouth of young kids. He's still young and willing to learn.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #248: Dec 27, 2017 10:26:12 pm
      In his interview, he said he was a little disappointing for his performance and I thought that he played well. Hope his attitude continues to be the same. He looks fit as well.

I always that he had pace only to his game but what do I know?

Keep working hard Alex. He wants to be on the mouth of young kids. He's still young and willing to learn.

If his skill ever catches up to his leadership than we have a talisman on our hands. Great kid
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #249: Dec 29, 2017 12:00:30 am
      Watching some of the LFC Christmas vids where Oxlade goes to a primary school in Liverpool and also to Alder Hey Children’s hospital he comes across as a great guy. Massively turned around on this lad delighted he’s a Liverpool player
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #250: Dec 29, 2017 03:16:19 pm
      Massive improvement lately, good performances and comes across as a thoroughly decent, professional guy. The way he defended Couts against that vermin of a journo was brilliant.

Glad he's an LFC player, keep up the good work Ox.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #251: Jan 04, 2018 07:19:37 am
      Certainly needed him in the summer and was worth the money. Looking forward to seeing him get the winner tomorrow night!
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #252: Jan 06, 2018 12:19:30 am
      We got ourselves a player here. His set piece deliveries these past few games have set us up nicely. Klopp is already getting more out of him than pecker head ever did.

Quick Reply