Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167792 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #299: Feb 12, 2018 03:00:15 pm
      You and I watched a different game than mate. He worked his butt off to get the ball back, delivered 4 great set piece crosses, defended well, and was part of a few counters that fell apart because other people (Lallana). This kid is only going to get better under Klopp. Just watching him makes you realize two things.

1. How good he can be with time to develop in our system.

2. How good of a player manager Klopp is. To get the improvement out of the the likes Ox, Salah, and Robbo I’m just a short amount of time makes you wonder where this team will be two years from now.
      Problem with the Ox is he is too often inconsistent as well as being not the most technically gifted player, believe the only thing that keep him at Arsenal so long was his pace, and Wenger's hope he could improve...Mediocre player
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #300: Feb 24, 2018 06:05:13 pm
      Wow, played a great game today after a long sitdown. His assist was so class. MOTM for me
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #301: Feb 24, 2018 06:10:07 pm
      Problem with the Ox is he is too often inconsistent as well as being not the most technically gifted player, believe the only thing that keep him at Arsenal so long was his pace, and Wenger's hope he could improve...Mediocre player
      Average pass length 17m, 82% pass acc with 63% shot acc? He's not bad at all.
      Ox is playing better for Liverpool than Coutinho is for Barcelona anyway.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #302: Feb 24, 2018 11:48:41 pm
      Had a really good game today and could have had a hatrick of assists. He just needs to put few of these together on the bounce and we'll be in great shape. He is still relatively new to the position so I think he will continue to develop.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #303: Feb 25, 2018 12:08:06 am
      Had a really good game today and could have had a hatrick of assists. He just needs to put few of these together on the bounce and we'll be in great shape. He is still relatively new to the position so I think he will continue to develop.

Judging by MOTD he played well mate and like you say needs to back this up with a run of form.

He's looking like a good addition to the squad at the moment.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #304: Feb 25, 2018 12:12:18 am
      Cobsistency is his issue at the moment which should improve with the more games he gets under his belt.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #305: Feb 25, 2018 07:49:25 am
      I say it as it is, he was poor in the first half in the sense that he was nowhere to be seen but in the second half he upped his game two gears with very good passes that assists was written on them.

TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #306: Feb 25, 2018 10:47:16 am

I thought so, too, after his first few games with us.  Not so sure any more, though.  I'm keeping an open mind on this, but I've been impressed lately.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #307: Feb 25, 2018 01:55:36 pm
      I thought so, too, after his first few games with us.  Not so sure any more, though.  I'm keeping an open mind on this, but I've been impressed lately.

Same. He has shown he is capable of playing the more offensive midfield role, and now It's all about whether he can keep up consistency or not.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #308: Feb 26, 2018 09:32:05 am
      The sort of player I like at home to the likes of West Ham and Newcastle next but not starting away to United.

Maybe its the Arsenal in him that makes me feel he will bottle it in a big game.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #309: Feb 26, 2018 10:44:02 am
      The sort of player I like at home to the likes of West Ham and Newcastle next but not starting away to United.

Maybe its the Arsenal in him that makes me feel he will bottle it in a big game.
      Man city home?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #310: Mar 04, 2018 12:13:45 am
      Really pleased with his progression at LFC taking into account the odd blip.

One thing noticeable about Alex is his ability to pick up the ball from midfield and run at the opposition defence - something I expected Gini to excel at but alas.

Just needs to add consistency to his game which I am sure Kloppo is working on and we have a top player here.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #311: Mar 04, 2018 11:07:10 pm
      Loving this guy! Was very happy when we got him and he hasn’t let me down.

Check this out: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/mar/04/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-thierry-henry-gary-neville-liverpool
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #312: Mar 05, 2018 11:38:48 am
      Is right ox the only opinion that really matters at the end of the day is yours and our gaffer.
      Ex footballers turned pundits do my F***ing head in at times when they spout sh*te like the above two did,also what matters is that many reds can see the job the ox  is doing as can the boss,so keep up the great work alex
      You'll do for me kid.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #313: Mar 05, 2018 12:34:42 pm

Disagree mate, he had a quiet start to his career with us, but he's added consistency to his game since start of year. I've been very impressed with him and that central midfield role suits him far more than the wings.

I can't see Lallana getting back in easily. I can see a quality line up next year

Karius / New Keeper

Gomez / TAA      Lovren           VVD                 Robertson

Can / Milner
                         Ox                              Keita

Salah                Firminho               Mane
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #314: Mar 09, 2018 03:51:54 pm
      I want Ox to be our center mid for the next 4+ years. I love his pace and link up. When he takes it to the back line it gives Salah and Mane the time to get lost and open. I want Ox to make it hard for any new player to get time. I love the MF problem we have right now. If he keeps up this consistency than we got a real player on our hands
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #315: Mar 10, 2018 11:24:33 am
      Would be the more attacking option to start AOC, as well as the 3 up front.
      Seems to be improving gradually all the time.
      Can see why players want to come play for us, when you have a manager who can get the best out of you.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #316: Mar 10, 2018 02:37:57 pm
      Not sure why the F**k he got brought off?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #317: Mar 10, 2018 02:48:35 pm
      Not sure why the f**k he got brought off?

Yeah, I thought he was playing better and better as the game went on.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #318: Mar 10, 2018 11:50:11 pm
      Average pass length 17m, 82% pass acc with 63% shot acc? He's not bad at all.
      Ox is playing better for Liverpool than Coutinho is for Barcelona anyway.
      You can make a one legged blind man look good by quoting statistics... How many goals did he score for Arsenal..? and why did Arsene Wenger say that he had not improved...?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #319: Mar 10, 2018 11:56:03 pm
      Today you saw the side of him  that we are normally exposed to and the posters here use the same word to describe what he lacks consistency
      Has much has I would like to see all Liverpool buy become top class player, we have to admit that we sometimes by dudes, or players that lack the consistency to become great players..
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #320: Mar 11, 2018 12:22:59 am
      I don't want to face Utd in the next round because I don't want them to progress.  But if we do get them roll it on.  They nothing.  We should have got 1 of them penalties.  If that was them they would have got both of them.  Clear hand ball and clear foul.   We have the better players and the better manager.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #321: Mar 11, 2018 04:17:55 am
      He did not play nearly as bad as a lot of u are letting on. He was our best player in the midfield in the 2nd half and was starting to drive forward and putting the Mancs under pressure. I can understand giving guys who played like crap a go (TAA) but Ox doesn’t need to be linked with Trent or Lovern. Thought his performance was better than most. If anything subbing him off only hurt our chances of winning.

Quick Reply