Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167735 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #437: May 14, 2018 10:13:09 pm
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #438: May 16, 2018 12:11:58 am
      F***ing gutted for the lad.

Loved his little interview when he was presented the goal of the season award at that awards night the other night.

"Now go on and get me my Winners Medal"

Brilliant
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #439: May 16, 2018 12:23:59 am

Wow that was some highlights. Absolutely loving this lad. Cannot wait for him to come back. He is such a joy to watch with his aggression and never-say-die attitude.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #440: May 16, 2018 10:26:13 am
      Has got a young lad and his Dad two tickets to Kiev.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44121606

Liverpool fan Joe Jaggar was facing the prospect of telling his four-year-old son that their dream trip to the Champions League final wasn't going to happen.

The flights to Kiev were booked, but the family weren't among the lucky 16,000 people who got tickets in the ballot for the game against Real Madrid.

Enter Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to save the day.

"I went to bed on Friday night in a stinker of a mood. I fell asleep and woke up about 4:30am and scrolled through my notifications, when I saw two messages from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain saying he had got me two tickets," explained Joe.

"I started crying when I saw the messages. I'm not even ashamed to admit that. I couldn't believe what lengths he had gone to for me and Bobbi."

Joe lives in Cumbria with wife Claire, eldest son Jay, 12, daughter Lola, eight, and youngest Bobbi.

Bobbi previously made the headlines back in April, when he was given the Ox's match shirt following the Reds' 2-1 win over Manchester City, after the midfielder went over to hug Bobbi and presented him with the memento.

After watching the Reds book their place in the final on 26 May, Joe was determined to make the trip to Ukraine.

"I booked flights to the final in the taxi coming home from John Lennon Airport after the Roma game. Everyone was asleep and I quickly got three seats before the priced rocketed," Joe told BBC Sport.

"It's a direct chartered flight especially for the game.

"I booked three tickets for me, Bobbi, and my dad. We had four chances at the ballot, and also knew quite a few people who had entered it too.

"But then I got the email saying I had been unsuccessful, so I tried my best, but every avenue I went down, I just couldn't get any. I just kept hitting a brick wall.

"It was soul-destroying to be honest, but we were going to go regardless of whether we had a ticket."

Joe woke up in the middle of the night to two messages from the Liverpool player, letting him know the good news

England midfielder Oxlade-Chamberlain, who will miss the game through injury, became aware of the family's issue on social media and messaged via Instagram to say he had a pair of tickets for them.

"I tried waking Bobbi up but he was fast asleep, so my wife told him in the morning.

He said 'Really, dad?

For the Real Madrid game?'. 

It will be his first European away.

"He is Liverpool mad and after going to the games against Porto, Man City and Roma he was desperate to watch the final in Kiev.

"There are no words to say what it means to us. Bobbi will never forget it - I'll make sure he doesn't."

Joe and Bobbi will be travelling to Kiev with his 65-year-old father Colin - who managed to get a ticket via a friend.

"Oxlade-Chamberlain is the most humble guy, and he doesn't even realise that what he has done is such a grand gesture," added Joe.

"Alex just oozes class. He will never know how much this means to me and Bobbi.

We are so grateful for his generosity."

:f_wah:

Maximum Respect .

Story on the Beeb / TalkSport  and others .
      « Last Edit: May 16, 2018 10:40:30 am by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #441: May 16, 2018 10:32:11 am
      See that weapon Graeme Kelly saying Ox is out for at least 9 months.

Poor start to his time with us, one of the worst debuts I’ve seen in a long time. But credit to him, I don’t like the guy but that’s a different story...but I have never been afraid to admit I was wrong ability/performance wise with any player, he has proved his worth in the build up to his injury with some vital goals and performances. Can’t ask for any more than that, can actually see a place for him in the team and just goes to show Wenger didn’t have a clue how to utilise him. Could be in for a big season.

Agree with that. Proved to me why Klopp is manager and we ain't.

Was reading how their scouting team set up reported back to Anfield saying that we "had to get Mo."
      Seems like its firing on all cylinders now ....on the players being brought in (E.g Robbo) ...after the transfer committee bollocks and politics with Rodgers.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #442: May 16, 2018 10:59:08 am
      Without a doubt the OX is a credit to the club and it is sad that he will miss the final due to injury.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #443: May 16, 2018 01:34:23 pm
      Coming across as a very good egg is Alex.

Biscanator
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 327 posts | 61 
      Reply #444: Jun 30, 2018 04:48:31 pm
      Rate this lad very highly, what with how he handled the Couthino interview and now how he greated Naby he just seems a class act. Can't wait to see how far he can go with us.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #445: Jun 30, 2018 05:10:58 pm
      Rate this lad very highly, what with how he handled the Couthino interview and now how he greated Naby he just seems a class act. Can't wait to see how far he can go with us.

If he can get back to full fitness and play how he did during the latter half of 17/18 , I have a feeling he will be up there with the very best attacking players in world football!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #446: Jul 18, 2018 06:04:11 pm
      Terrible news, was hoping to see him post Christmas.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1019628025783242753?s=21
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #447: Jul 18, 2018 06:04:48 pm

Just came to post that, mate.

sh*t news 😢
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #448: Jul 18, 2018 06:04:56 pm
      Dominick King tweeting that Ox is going to miss the entire season. No setback, but that’s just how serious the injury and rehab will be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #449: Jul 18, 2018 06:08:03 pm
      Just heard that on SSN, but the lad seems like a good'un saying he didn't want the news to come out at the time to distract from our Champions League campaign.

Hope everything goes well with his rehabilitation.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #450: Jul 18, 2018 06:10:45 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #451: Jul 18, 2018 06:13:59 pm
      So harsh but he's still young.

He'll be like a new signing next Summer when Milner leaves.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #452: Jul 18, 2018 06:14:48 pm
      Oh no, this is so sad.

Sad for us as he was a very valuable member of the squad. And particularly sad for the player, I hope he can come back strong from that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #453: Jul 18, 2018 06:22:48 pm
      I'm glad that there has been no setback as I initially thought when seeing that headline. Because of the severity of the injury I suppose it's best and only sensible to dampen any speculation about a possible return within the next few months at least.

Nevertheless, I really do believe he will be back before the end of the season because I think his determination to get back up to peak fitness will show through. It was great to see him up and about in full training gear when Keita was getting shown around in that video earlier this month.

It's a real shame though. He was amazing for us before getting injured. His presence and brute force/aggression was something we hadn't seen in a long long while at Liverpool disproving some of us sceptics when he signed.He was badly missed in Kiev. Can't wait for him to return though.
      « Last Edit: Jul 18, 2018 07:29:56 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #454: Jul 18, 2018 06:23:47 pm
      I'm lost for words!! Absolutely gutted for the lad. Was very very very much looking forward to see him play from Christmas.

Shows the lad's class in ensuring his misery doesnt affect the team's morale!! Luv ya Chambo!
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #455: Jul 18, 2018 06:24:49 pm
      Gutted for the guy just when he was starting to buzz
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #456: Jul 18, 2018 06:28:21 pm
      Terrible news, though i'm pretty confident we'll see him towards the end of the season but was really looking forward to the original time frame of Nov/Dec. Top guy and was really progressing well.
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,695 posts | 837 
      Reply #457: Jul 18, 2018 06:35:06 pm
      Oh man! I love this guy and I was counting on him being fit by November. A lot of people just didn't realize how important he became in our midfield last season.

We will miss him a lot IMO. He drove to the net better than any of our midfielders opening a lot of space for our front three. He mixed and matched very well with that front three. He was everywhere from down the pitch defending, the middle of it creating and making runs into the box as well as shooting from the edge of it to the wings delivering a cross or two. He is also very quick and has a lot of stamina to run up and down the field.

Imho we will miss him, but Keita can eleviate that by a lot. However, this hurts our depth.
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #458: Jul 18, 2018 06:36:35 pm
      Gutted for him. Always been a fan of is and he was just starting to become a monster of a player for us under Klopp.

We'll need you in 2019/20 to defend the league title Alex! 😉
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #459: Jul 18, 2018 06:52:53 pm
      Gutted for him, gutted for us ☹️

Such a class act as well. The lad has really suffered with injuries in his career thus far so fingers crossed he can make a full recovery and push on from there. He was showing real signs of becoming a regular in the middle of the park and was just starting to find that level of consistency.

Quick Reply