Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167762 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #575: Mar 08, 2019 10:51:23 am
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #576: Mar 08, 2019 11:05:25 am
      Set to start against derby this afternoon a very timely boost and a much needed one.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #577: Mar 08, 2019 11:32:54 am
      Set to start against derby this afternoon a very timely boost and a much needed one.

If all goes well when can we expect him to feature for us, couple of weeks maybe?
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #578: Mar 08, 2019 11:34:46 am
      Whatever we get out of the Ox this season should be seen as a bonus , not expecting much myself but if he comes back firing Iā€™ll be over the moon , and to think initially , I didnā€™t think we needed him , take your time young man no pressure.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #579: Mar 08, 2019 12:01:06 pm
      Whatever we get out of the Ox this season should be seen as a bonus , not expecting much myself but if he comes back firing Iā€™ll be over the moon , and to think initially , I didnā€™t think we needed him , take your time young man no pressure.

Exactly the same here.
      I thought he was decent, but overrated.
      I'm so glad that Klopp saw what I couldn't, because he's turned out to be a great player for us.
      Let's hope he recaptures his pre-injury form.
      This season might be a bit soon for him to get back to that level, but I'm hopeful he can do a job for us.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #580: Mar 08, 2019 12:10:23 pm
      Exactly the same here.
      I thought he was decent, but overrated.
      I'm so glad that Klopp saw what I couldn't, because he's turned out to be a great player for us.
      Let's hope he recaptures his pre-injury form.
      This season might be a bit soon for him to get back to that level, but I'm hopeful he can do a job for us.

Looking at how it went ,same with Theo and Ramsey to an extent I feel it was Wenger who stunted the kids potential , hopefully the surgeons have done their job along with the physics and conditioning team , itā€™s taken a lot to get this kid anywhere near this season , just hope it goes well for him .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #581: Mar 08, 2019 12:15:08 pm
      Great news but I'm not expecting too much from him this season.

Get back into a few games and be ready for next season.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #582: Mar 08, 2019 12:57:42 pm
      Just keep him away from the Burnley leg breakers...

Timing couldnā€™t be better having this kid back with us..
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #583: Mar 08, 2019 01:14:37 pm

Too right. So glad he's ahead of schedule but hope it doesn't make media and fans expect him to come back and have an effect on this season. Any minutes he gets are a bonus ahead of next season. The guy damaged all the ligaments in his knee and to not only be back and ready for a run out already, but also apparently looking so sharp, is a testament to the club medical staff and AOCs determination and hard work.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #584: Mar 08, 2019 03:16:25 pm
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #585: Mar 08, 2019 03:56:47 pm
      Already seeing some ludicrous reactions to him going off ā€œearlyā€... it seems some idiots expected him to somehow stroll back from an 11 month injury and be as good as before instantly. (FWIW he looked fine, looked like tightness hopefully)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #586: Mar 08, 2019 04:26:34 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #587: Mar 08, 2019 04:54:11 pm

Exactly one of the reasons why I said there was no chance of him making a comeback for us within a few weeks like some were saying what happens to be a few weeks ago now. This wonā€™t be the only set back he has, I wouldnā€™t be surprised if there will be a slight swelling or flare up of the knee too in the coming U23 games he will take part in. Still think we will be incredibly lucky if he gets on the pitch for us at any point during April.

Full training is completely different to actually playing in a match.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #588: Mar 08, 2019 04:56:05 pm
      Love this forum, full of qualified physios, doctors, surgeons, accountants,  financial advisors, political advisors etc
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #589: Mar 08, 2019 05:01:54 pm
      Love this forum, full of qualified physios, doctors, surgeons, accountants,  financial advisors, political advisors etc

And cu*ts mate, don't forget them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #590: Mar 08, 2019 05:24:43 pm

Or some people actually might know what they are talking about?
      Iā€™m not sure if you are referring to my post as it follows on from mine but Iā€™ve suffered ACL injury to both of my knees and was given the wrong advice over the 2nd time regarding recovery and getting back into football and ended up having to have more surgery on it as a result. That was bad enough so given what Ox suffered, I think Iā€™m experienced enough in knee injuries to have a relatively good take on the situation and so far, I havenā€™t been wrong in terms of his comeback.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #591: Mar 08, 2019 05:35:19 pm
      Or some people actually might know what they are talking about?
      Iā€™m not sure if you are referring to my post as it follows on from mine but Iā€™ve suffered ACL injury to both of my knees and was given the wrong advice over the 2nd time regarding recovery and getting back into football and ended up having to have more surgery on it as a result. That was bad enough so given what Ox suffered, I think Iā€™m experienced enough in knee injuries to have a relatively good take on the situation and so far, I havenā€™t been wrong in terms of his comeback.

You yourself previously said that you're not a doctor and don't know the full situation
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #592: Mar 08, 2019 05:39:47 pm
      You yourself previously said that you're not a doctor and don't know the full situation

So you were referring to me... may as well just quote me next time instead of trying to be subtle about it.

I havenā€™t said for sure, Iā€™m basing it on what Iā€™ve experienced myself and like I said, I havenā€™t been wrong so far.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #593: Mar 08, 2019 05:40:07 pm

He looked fine coming off it was only precautionary. He played 40 mins I doubt he was intended to play more than a half.

Thought he looked quite sharp considering the long lay off.

No way he's ready for first  team action before mid April though.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #594: Mar 08, 2019 06:06:43 pm
      So you were referring to me... may as well just quote me next time instead of trying to be subtle about it.

I havenā€™t said for sure, Iā€™m basing it on what Iā€™ve experienced myself and like I said, I havenā€™t been wrong so far.

Did ya watch him today ? He just looked a bit shagged like he'd done 180 minutes not 40.And if ya man hadn't tweeted out about a twinge no one would be none the wiser,he walked off normal.was Joyce even at the game or just an echo lad looking for tweets etc?  Having him come back after 11 months should be a good news story but Good news doesn't work on the internets.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #595: Mar 08, 2019 06:15:07 pm
      Yeah, bit strange this. Plenty of people saying he looked fine walking off, but there's that single tweet claiming hamstring problem.

:-\
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #596: Mar 08, 2019 06:21:16 pm
      Bollox just bollox anyway..gutted for him
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #597: Mar 08, 2019 06:29:20 pm
      It doesn't sound serious, just about match fitness I guess. Probably give it another week before trying him again. Tweet says precaution, which means that there was a concern about his hamstring getting injured and not an injury. It's not about being a doctor it's about understanding simple English. Look in the dictionary if you don't believe me, precaution means taking measures before a problem not reacting to a problem.

Quick Reply