Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167773 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #736: Nov 14, 2019 08:43:06 pm
      Lovely goal for England tonight and a confident showing albeit against a very poor side. Think he’ll play a big part in this crazy run of fixtures coming up.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #737: Nov 14, 2019 09:56:22 pm
      Another great signing for the club.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #738: Nov 15, 2019 05:24:26 am
      Good for him to keep the scoring boots on with another goal and get a start. I don't expect him to start the next game (I think Hendo will get the start over him) but be nice to see him hit a rich vein of form going into the Christmas period.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #739: Nov 17, 2019 05:04:19 pm
      Jesus thought he was out for the season there!

Looked in serious pain but back up now. Hope Southgate isnt stupid with him.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #740: Nov 17, 2019 05:07:11 pm
      Jesus thought he was out for the season there!

Looked in serious pain but back up now. Hope Southgate isnt stupid with him.

sh*t myself too.

Seems ok again but F**k did I panic at first.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #741: Nov 17, 2019 05:10:48 pm
      sh*t myself too.

Seems ok again but F**k did I panic at first.

Pitch looks over watered, players slipping ans passes falling short and tempting defenders into sliding for 50/50s.

Down again from studs down the ankles.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #742: Nov 18, 2019 10:03:21 pm
      Ox looked excellent on international duty which should bode well for LFC with the busy Christmas period on the schedule. The level of competition for midfield places is scary this year. We’ve got 7 lads who all bring something to the table and they should all get minutes over the next 6 weeks.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #743: Nov 27, 2019 12:48:58 pm
      Ox looked excellent on international duty which should bode well for LFC with the busy Christmas period on the schedule. The level of competition for midfield places is scary this year. We’ve got 7 lads who all bring something to the table and they should all get minutes over the next 6 weeks.

Realistically, 5 of those are of top quality capable of starting PL and CL games: Fab, Gini, Hendo, Ox and Keita. Milner, Lallana and Shaq are good options off the bench but not starters (maybe for domestic cup games).

Overall, I'm very happy with the options we have for the middle, it's been a while since we've had genuine quality competing for spots.

Long term, I'd still want improvements and if that means introducing competition to avoid complacency, then so be it. But I'm no longer screaming for an attacking midfielder in the mould of Coutinho. City prove that spending big money to bring in more competition isn't the automatic answer. Crucially, whenever any of those 5 step onto the pitch, they look like they give it everything they have so I don't even think complacency is an issue for the foreseeable future.

I'm struggling to find anything to complain about these days actually, Klopp needs to take a good hard look at himself for that.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #744: Dec 22, 2019 01:47:13 am
      Now this is my only negative from today but I have to get it off my chest.

Now I know the Boss is the Boss but I was pissed with him during that match.

Thought Ox was totally ineffectual throughout and was screaming at Klopp to get him off and either Lallana or Milner to come on but Jürgen didn't even look like making a change till it was forced on him.

Was gutted when Ox went down and was smashing the turf. Thought the worst and blamed the Boss for keeping him on so long.

Should I be ashamed at myself for questioning the boss after everything he has done for us? Feel like a c**t now but not at the time!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #745: Dec 22, 2019 03:27:35 am

Thought Ox was totally ineffectual throughout and was screaming at Klopp to get him off and either Lallana or Milner to come on but Jürgen didn't even look like making a change till it was forced on him.

Was gutted when Ox went down and was smashing the turf. Thought the worst and blamed the Boss for keeping him on so long.

Should I be ashamed at myself for questioning the boss after everything he has done for us? Feel like a C**t now but not at the time!

Got to say - I was mightily impressed with Lallana's performance when he came on. He displayed effortless control and discipline. We're gonna need him over the next few weeks no doubt but it was good to see him come on and, in my opinion, improve our performance levels.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #746: Dec 22, 2019 04:56:57 am
      Got to say - I was mightily impressed with Lallana's performance when he came on. He displayed effortless control and discipline. We're gonna need him over the next few weeks no doubt but it was good to see him come on and, in my opinion, improve our performance levels.

Yeah me too but that's for the Adam Lallana thread.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #747: Dec 22, 2019 10:17:33 am

Should I be ashamed at myself for questioning the boss after everything he has done for us? Feel like a c**t now but not at the time!
      From the way he was jumping around on them crutches in the dressing room video, I’d hazard a guess and say it shouldn’t be as bad as we all feared hope not anyways ,
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #748: Dec 22, 2019 02:48:07 pm

Should I be ashamed at myself for questioning the boss after everything he has done for us? Feel like a C**t now but not at the time!

No you are spot on, it's Klopps main weakness, his inflexibility but it's a German thing. I like Germans but they are amongst the least imaginative or flexible people you'll ever meet, once they make a decision good luck changing it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #749: Dec 22, 2019 03:19:32 pm
      Any news on Ox,s injury
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #750: Dec 22, 2019 09:01:29 pm

I do that every time we are up one goal and Klopp throws in 3rd CB to invite more pressure in the final minutes.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #751: Dec 22, 2019 09:40:09 pm
      You should by now be in total awe of Jürgen the man is Shankly's second coming in so many similar ways. Don't forget he also has taken us to a League Cup final a Europa League final another CL final and a EPL runners up spot with record points total for the club and these are his failures
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #752: Dec 23, 2019 04:27:15 am
      You should by now be in total awe of Jürgen the man is Shankly's second coming in so many similar ways. Don't forget he also has taken us to a League Cup final a Europa League final another CL final and a EPL runners up spot with record points total for the club and these are his failures

Agreed mate, but does that mean we can't question some of his decisions during the game? He drives me nuts sometimes but I F***ing love him and wouldn't swap him for any other Manager in the world.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #753: Dec 24, 2019 02:23:56 pm
      Such bad luck for AOC, another injury, could see how pissed off he was when it happened, ankle ligaments are tricky, but hope he comes back soon.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #754: Dec 24, 2019 02:38:37 pm
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50901736 - he’ll miss at least the next two matches but that sounds like it’ll be a few weeks rather than months at least.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #755: Dec 24, 2019 03:01:48 pm
      Like many when you saw him down and pounding his hand on the ground thought it was knee again. By the look of that boot you figure it is another one if those 4 to 6 week off type of injury. It has to be very frustrating for Ox because his whole career been getting fit, finding some decent form then getting hurt for a period of time.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #756: Dec 24, 2019 03:43:01 pm

You should be ashamed of yourself, what a c**t.  :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #757: Dec 24, 2019 05:40:43 pm
      Not as bad as it could of been, looked serious on the telly, hope once he gets fit he stays that way
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #758: Dec 24, 2019 10:27:05 pm
      You should be ashamed of yourself, what a c**t.  :lmao:

And how did I know which c**t would say I should be ashamed of myself!!   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply