Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167729 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #828: Feb 22, 2021 10:09:05 am
      Totally off.topic but.how have you managed down there to get things where you can have big crowds at the tennis? Wish we could get them back at Anfield.

His Goverment spoke the same sh*te he does.  :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #829: Feb 22, 2021 10:11:25 am

We all want him to succeed but he gets fit, then match fit and then another injury will happen and he's back to square 1.

Sh*t cycle for him, he's the one player we have that will run at defenders from midfield and shoot!! No one else does apart from Naby but he's in the same fitness boat as Ox.

Have to be honest here Ian. Even before he kicked a ball for you I said he wasn't good enough. Never worth his price tag and since injury think he's also lost another yard of pace.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #830: Feb 22, 2021 10:34:36 am
      People need to take a step back

He has had a number of serious knee injuries

He missed pre season training and isn’t playing regularly right now so it’s going to be hard for him to get into form

Ox won’t leave in the summer - hopefully he gets the full pre season to get going to be able to reach match fitness and form - before his injury he was key running from the middle and giving something dofferent

How amazing would be for him and the club if he stayed fit for a whole season.

But he must be wondering what hes got to do just now, naby injured, milner injured, hendo and fab playing in defence and injured, and he still cant get a start.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #831: Feb 22, 2021 03:55:36 pm
      Totally off.topic but.how have you managed down there to get things where you can have big crowds at the tennis? Wish we could get them back at Anfield.

I watched a lot of the Aussie open though missed both finals. There were people in the stands but not many and not til the later rounds due to quarantine restrictions. Every tennis player also had to quarantine for 14 days (I believe) in their hotel prior to the start of the tournament.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #832: Feb 22, 2021 03:58:27 pm
      How amazing would be for him and the club if he stayed fit for a whole season.

But he must be wondering what hes got to do just now, naby injured, milner injured, hendo and fab playing in defence and injured, and he still cant get a start.

Yea I don’t get it either, and when he does come in sometimes he’s up on the right when he’s so much better centrally carrying the ball.

Ditto for Taki who has a great game against Palace and never sees the field again when we were struggling for ideas.

Ditto for Phillips who plays a good game every time out then can’t buy a minute after Kabak arrives if not for Hendo’s injury.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #833: Feb 22, 2021 09:43:20 pm
      I watched a lot of the Aussie open though missed both finals. There were people in the stands but not many and not til the later rounds due to quarantine restrictions. Every tennis player also had to quarantine for 14 days (I believe) in their hotel prior to the start of the tournament.

They quarantined a whole section of the city because of a worker testing positive, but it lifted during 2nd week and the crowds for the finals were pretty big. There's only like 40 active cases in the whole country just now.
      https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #834: Feb 22, 2021 09:52:40 pm
      They quarantined a whole section of the city because of a worker testing positive, but it lifted during 2nd week and the crowds for the finals were pretty big. There's only like 40 active cases in the whole country just now.
      https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/coronavirus-covid-19-current-situation-and-case-numbers

Looks like it was almost 7,500 people / 50% capacity.

The Super Bowl had 25,000 though that's less than 40% capacity.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #835: Feb 22, 2021 11:26:44 pm

Mate it was total lockdown for 3 complete weeks mate. Couldn't go further then 5 kms and only for shopping, caring, unable to work from home and exercise 1-2 hours only.

Cases just dropped off dramatically to none and that lasted 4-5 weeks then we got the tennis people in who brought the European version here, lockdown again 5 days, same reasons

No cases here for days in a row!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #836: Feb 23, 2021 08:17:00 am
      Looks like it was almost 7,500 people / 50% capacity.

The Super Bowl had 25,000 though that's less than 40% capacity.

Ok, looked bigger in OZ. 25 % allowed for March Madness next month here in Indy.
      firminofanboy1
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 68 posts | 15 
      Reply #837: Mar 16, 2021 12:12:34 am
      Showed he has some life still in him tonight. Well done OX, unlucky not to get an assist...

Would like to see him get a run in the team especially with Thiago and Gini out of form right now.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #838: May 10, 2021 03:09:16 pm
      No wonder he looked like his legs were gone.
      Congrats
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #839: May 10, 2021 08:08:03 pm
      No wonder he looked like his legs were gone.
      Congrats

;D Daddy to be, many congratulations to Alex and Perrie.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #840: May 10, 2021 08:27:10 pm
      Congrats and all that.

I genuinely was buzzing for this signing and that first season we saw some amazing performances.

Just completely disappeared since, such a shame. He’s deffo not good enough for the front 3, yet doesn’t look like he can play in the middle 3 either.

Gutted
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #841: May 10, 2021 09:16:08 pm
      Congrats and all that.

I genuinely was buzzing for this signing and that first season we saw some amazing performances.

Just completely disappeared since, such a shame. He’s deffo not good enough for the front 3, yet doesn’t look like he can play in the middle 3 either.

Gutted

He really hasn't been the same since that injury against Roma. Before that he was amazing powering through the middle and giving us a long range threat.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #842: May 10, 2021 09:33:25 pm
      He really hasn't been the same since that injury against Roma. Before that he was amazing powering through the middle and giving us a long range threat.

Exactly, I loved that power he had. City away in UCL, his combination through the middle with Wijnaldum for the Salah goal away, lll never forget it - I celebrated that goal like no other, not even Barca because I still felt Barca could nick it.
      Mmmklopp
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 344 posts | 74 
      Reply #843: May 11, 2021 01:57:23 pm
      When the biggest news a Liverpool  player has had in a year is getting his mrs pregnant he needs to go.

West Ham come and get your man
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #844: May 11, 2021 03:22:15 pm
      Ox has been very unlucky during his time

Was flying until he did his knee in the CL

Then got back into the team and the game just before lockdown against Atletico he was superb but then lockdown happened and he got injured again

If he could get a full pre season in then he can add something different in the middle
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #845: May 11, 2021 05:38:40 pm
      When the biggest news a Liverpool  player has had in a year is getting his mrs pregnant he needs to go.

West Ham come and get your man

Yep

I hear Southampton's nice this time of year. In fact all year round. Hint hint...

Bad buy from start to finish. Even if he fitted our tactics, which he really really doesn't, we should have waited a year and got him for nothing instead of wasting £40m on him.

There is no place for him anywhere in our line-up that suits the way he plays. The only real position he can play is on the right of a 4-4-2.

He is totally unsuited for central midfield, and the very fact he thinks he's a central midfielder shows a complete lack of understanding of the game he plays. He can't tackle, he can't pass, he can't pick up runners (probably the worst aspect of his game), he can't position himself on the field of play in a way that helps moves flow or breaks down opposition moves (he always seems to be standing in the wrong place). All he's got is the ability to lash in a long range strike once in a few seasons. That's it.

His positioning is so bad I'm actually surprised he managed to get his missus up the duff
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #846: May 11, 2021 05:46:05 pm
      Yep

I hear Southampton's nice this time of year. In fact all year round. Hint hint...

Bad buy from start to finish. Even if he fitted our tactics, which he really really doesn't, we should have waited a year and got him for nothing instead of wasting £40m on him.

There is no place for him anywhere in our line-up that suits the way he plays. The only real position he can play is on the right of a 4-4-2.

He is totally unsuited for central midfield, and the very fact he thinks he's a central midfielder shows a complete lack of understanding of the game he plays. He can't tackle, he can't pass, he can't pick up runners (probably the worst aspect of his game), he can't position himself on the field of play in a way that helps moves flow or breaks down opposition moves (he always seems to be standing in the wrong place). All he's got is the ability to lash in a long range strike once in a few seasons. That's it.

His positioning is so bad I'm actually surprised he managed to get his missus up the duff

What a load of bollocks.

He was storming it before he got his knee injury.
      That's as well as the fact that Klopp changed the formation to a midfield triangle, with AOC at the tip, making him an attackiong midfielder rather than a central one.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #847: May 12, 2021 12:04:51 am
      Yep

That’s a lot of bullshit right there.
      L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #848: May 15, 2021 09:35:11 am
      I'll put it out there, I'll be gutted if he moves on

I really like him, he offers us something different from midfield and I truly believe he can get back there following the injury.
      He also adds alot to squad dynamics, he's very popular it seems, he's one of the key bits of glue around the squad harmony

I think he really loves being at the club too, and he deserves another crack at getting back to his full fitness and effectiveness

Yes some will move on, I just hope he isn't one of them
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #849: May 15, 2021 02:19:08 pm
      What a load of bollocks.

He was storming it before he got his knee injury.
      That's as well as the fact that Klopp changed the formation to a midfield triangle, with AOC at the tip, making him an attackiong midfielder rather than a central one.

Storming up steps doing dance moves with his 'celebrity' missus is all the storming Ox has done in the last few years

You must have been watching a different Liverpool, a different Klopp and a different Ox if you think the formation has changed from the 4-3-3 we've been playing for abar 4 years now

Ox as a 10? A player who can't position himself on the field, can't spot a pass, and couldn't play that pass even if he could spot it?  ???

There are many reasons 2 coaches as impressive as Wenger and Klopp couldn't/can't seem to fit Ox into a football formation.

All he's got is a long-range strike on him, and statistically these almost never go in. The game is run on xG these days. We employ analysts with degrees in maths from Cambridge and Oxford looking at this sort of stuff, Klopp brought them in. And they tell the lads not to take long-range potshots because statistically it is almost a total waste of time. Yes it makes football more predictable and boring, and if that'd been the script in 2006 and Stevie had followed instruction, he'd never have lashed in those goals against West Ham and we'd have lost the cup final.

But that's how the game is run these days whether you or I like it or not (long range shooting was my best attribute when I played so I'd hate to see it disappear from the game). We've got an injury-prone player who barely ever plays, doesn't fit the system no matter where you try to fit him in, and whose best asset is long shots which the players are told by the analysts not to be arsed with.

And people want to keep him at the club?  ???

Can anyone remember the last time one of our players took a shot from more than about 22 yards? I can't. It might even be Ox all the way back in that City game. I don't think I've ever seen Gini take one and that's cos he plays to his instructions. Fabinho's clearly got a good long ranger on him but hardly ever uses it, again because he plays to instructions.

Sadly it's the way football is going, tactics determined by people with rocket science degrees. Most of my favourite moments in football over the years have been people lashing shots in from miles out. First one and still hard to beat was Arie Haan for Holland in the 1978 World Cup. That's some strike. But the analysts would say "ah but that's a one-in-a-million shot, you need to be playing a simple pass out to the wing". And that's why we've got Gini Wijnaldum, doing exactly that, and people pissing and moaning that "he doesn't do anything". Nope he doesn't do anything except play to instruction for a team that clocked up the highest number of points in LFC history for 2 years running. That's still not enough for some people.

We might need someone to have a dig from distance tomorrow, when Fat Sam parks his buses, but it won't be Ox as he's injured again. Maybe Trent if he's in the sort of mood he was in in the second half against United.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #850: May 20, 2021 12:07:29 am
      That goal was something else. Wish he was healthy more often.

Quick Reply