Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167704 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #966: Mar 07, 2022 10:53:46 pm
      He could get on our team and join our sh*te if you want, he’ll settle in just fine with them  :lmao:

hhahah, he's better then Pogba!  ;D
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #967: Mar 21, 2022 03:00:12 am
      To me he's appeared to be a sh*t team mate of late. Dude looks like he couldn't be bothered once he gets pulled off or doesn't play. His reaction / or lack thereof, was telling where his head is at, same in the post match videos at Wembley. My man just doesnt look happy. Again this is just my bar stool observation.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #968: Mar 21, 2022 06:19:28 am
      Think he was annoyed at being subbed yesterday, and looked like he said what have I got to do.

Didn’t think he was great yesterday, I do expect him to move on this summer.

Shame really, when he is on it he’s on it but lack of consistency and maintaining fitness has been the straw that broke the camels back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #969: Mar 21, 2022 06:58:36 am
      Think he was annoyed at being subbed yesterday, and looked like he said what have I got to do.

Didn’t think he was great yesterday, I do expect him to move on this summer.

Shame really, when he is on it he’s on it but lack of consistency and maintaining fitness has been the straw that broke the camels back.

If he wants to know what to do, he needs to look at those around him in his position and start performing to their standard instead of having the game pass him by every time he plays.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #970: Mar 21, 2022 07:38:25 am
      If he wants to know what to do, he needs to look at those around him in his position and start performing to their standard instead of having the game pass him by every time he plays.

Yep.

He has had a tough time with that injury but he's been for for ages now and rarely takes an opportunity given to him.

This team has passed him by I think
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #971: Mar 21, 2022 07:45:24 am

Certainly don’t disagree.

Is a shame, as we all know there’s a good player in there somewhere; reckon it’s a Southampton/Newcastle kind of signing this summer. 

Yep.

He has had a tough time with that injury but he's been for for ages now and rarely takes an opportunity given to him.

This team has passed him by I think

Also agree, has had plenty of opportunity to establish himself but unfortunately for him we have much more quality in midfield at this moment in time.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #972: Mar 21, 2022 08:15:50 am
      The issue with Ox is he seems to need a run of games to get going , he doesn’t appear to be a player that can come into a team cold and do well - and I guess many can’t do that , he does provide something that the other mids don’t and that’s running with the ball and trying shots from distance but he isn’t taking his chances when he gets them - shame as around the AFCON he was doing well and popping up with goals
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #973: Mar 21, 2022 09:57:26 am
      he was playing against a mid table championship side it was a perfect opportunity to show his quality. Injury again seems to have robbed a player of that little bit of pace and strength that makes all the difference. He seems a great lad and people are genuine when they say they want him to succeed but we are a top team and you have to be a top player to even get on the bench these days and sadly he just isnt at that level now.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #974: Mar 21, 2022 02:07:09 pm
      Ox is someone who needs consistent game time to get into a rhythm and perform better. When we were hurting with injuries in midfield and he was playing more often he was doing a lot better and scored a couple of goals. As players have come back from injury his game time has dried up as he's not of enough quality to displace one of our starting players.

Yesterday's start was only his 3rd start in 2 months and on top of that in a lineup that probably has never played together. No easy task, particularly if he's someone who needs consistent time to play better, which is why he'll likely leave this summer (or should).
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #975: Mar 21, 2022 02:50:43 pm
      If Newcastle buy him someone needs to do the Liam Neeson from Taken approach. 'Your arrogance offends me, and for that the rate just went up 10%"....

They have to pay more
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #976: Mar 21, 2022 03:13:31 pm
      I really like him, he can be so good! Before his injury against Roma I was certain he would be a mega star. Such a shame.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #977: Mar 21, 2022 11:45:58 pm
      Always find with Ox, he needs 3 or 4 games in a row to get his rhythm going.

Unfortunately for him, he doesn't have that luxury at Liverpool. Have to be on point from the first minute, ready to rock n roll.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #978: Mar 22, 2022 12:36:22 am
      Always find with Ox, he needs 3 or 4 games in a row to get his rhythm going.

And then he gets injured 😬
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #979: Mar 22, 2022 01:25:36 am

Spot on mate and it's every time.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #980: Mar 22, 2022 09:07:53 pm
      Had his day here now so I think it's time to move on in the Summer, wasn't impressed with him against Forest and was praying for Jürgen to replace him, thanks Ox but a move to a mid table team is more suitable for him.
      YNWA_Mastery
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 97 posts | 19 
      Reply #981: May 15, 2022 02:17:17 pm
      Had his day here now so I think it's time to move on in the Summer, wasn't impressed with him against Forest and was praying for Jürgen to replace him, thanks Ox but a move to a mid table team is more suitable for him.

Maybe so, but somewhere in him is a fire and maybe one last stint of really, really, REALLY insanely intense training could uncork him.  If anyone could Jürgen could.  Otherwise, yes - > NC / Villa.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #982: May 15, 2022 05:29:28 pm
      Maybe so, but somewhere in him is a fire and maybe one last stint of really, really, REALLY insanely intense training could uncork him.  If anyone could Jürgen could.  Otherwise, yes - > NC / Villa.

Unfortunately I think that time has passed for the Ox and I'm guessing Jürgen thinks so as well, he's way down the pecking order now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #983: May 15, 2022 06:31:24 pm
      he never quite delivered here or at Arsenal just sadly missing that extra spark. Good lad always gives his best but he hasnt been the same since that awful injury he will always have that goal for us to remember him
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #984: May 16, 2022 10:00:23 am
      His time is defo up, but you know what never hear him moaning in fact hes the opposite, his socials are always positive vibes. so credit too him for that, cos he must be gutted.

Been fit for a while now, but is nowhere near the levels of the other midfielders.

Hope he gets a good move to decent sized club, back to southampton maybe ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #985: Jun 20, 2022 11:41:46 am
      However, with the Reds putting plans to sign a new midfielder on hold until summer 2023, Oxlade-Chamberlain is expected to report back for pre-season on July 4 and remains part of Liverpool’s plans for the season ahead.

The 28-year-old, who got engaged to Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards on Friday night, featured 29 times for Liverpool as he showcased his versatility last season as he looked to put his injury problems of recent years behind him.

And with the Reds looking to defend their League Cup and FA Cup titles this year, as well as sides now being able to name five substitutions in matches in every competition, Oxlade-Chamberlain is considered a valuable member of the Liverpool squad who will have a part to play in multiple positions this season.

Im surprised OX going nowhere unless he decides to leave.

Another one that may wait till next summer to go on a free.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #986: Jun 20, 2022 02:13:23 pm
      Ox isn't going anywhere. We aren't signing any midfielders so we need him to step up this season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #987: Jun 20, 2022 02:54:06 pm
      Ox isn't going anywhere. We aren't signing any midfielders so we need him to step up this season.

Perhaps having a full season with no serious injuries will help him have a better season this year.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #988: Jun 20, 2022 02:58:17 pm
      Perhaps having a full season with no serious injuries will help him have a better season this year.

He was fine last year when we had a rush of injuries and he was getting more consistent playing time. However, unless something like that happens again, he's likely dead last in the depth chart. As our 8th midfield option, he's likely just a warm body for early rounds of FA/Carabao Cups.

Quick Reply