Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread (M)

Read 167945 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Player Thread
      Reply #989: Jun 20, 2022 03:04:16 pm
      He was fine last year when we had a rush of injuries and he was getting more consistent playing time. However, unless something like that happens again, he's likely dead last in the depth chart. As our 8th midfield option, he's likely just a warm body for early rounds of FA/Carabao Cups.

He was decent when he got a run, but hes never getting a start ahead of hendo, fab, thiago & naby. so yea gonna depend on injuries and general fitness again.

If I was him, id get out of dodge now, but like I said above will probably just run down the last of contract now.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2052 
      Reply #990: Jun 20, 2022 05:15:10 pm
      He's a great guy is Ox and someone who really benefits when given an extended run in the first team. He didn't get much of that last season so he was a bit hit and miss (often in the same game!) but I'm happy that he'll be staying.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8461 
      Reply #991: Jun 20, 2022 05:48:09 pm
      So that gossip that the mancs are sniffing after him are unfounded?

Personally I'd sell.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #992: Jun 20, 2022 06:09:56 pm
      I wonder if there isn't much interest in him so we are stuck having to keep him around for another season.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #993: Jun 20, 2022 06:10:45 pm
      Congratulations to him on his engagement
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #994: Jun 20, 2022 07:24:16 pm
      Hope this is true, give him his chance, he was brill before injured, but not picked since. Good luck on personal and prof level.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4881 
      Reply #995: Jun 20, 2022 07:28:58 pm
      Personally I think he should have gone last season but can also see why we'd keep him if we can't get the CM we want this summer.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #996: Jun 21, 2022 12:47:26 pm
      Think he’s absolutely nailed on to leave in the next few weeks. Even if we don’t sign a midfielder.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #997: Jun 21, 2022 01:40:14 pm
      Think he’s absolutely nailed on to leave in the next few weeks. Even if we don’t sign a midfielder.

If he leaves we'll have to sign one. I'd check out Erikson to be honest.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #998: Jun 21, 2022 06:31:24 pm
      If he leaves we'll have to sign one. I'd check out Erikson to be honest.

For sure. Would be a ideal for us. He always made life tough against us. He would be a very Gary Mac / James Mily type signature, but with a more polishedness to him. He was world class a few years back 👏
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,139 posts | 1195 
      Reply #999: Jun 21, 2022 07:10:26 pm
      I think the truth is we've probably struggled to have any takers. I've no doubt that like Keita we have been open to offers at various times (Keita less so now) but when they're on more than just a decent wage relative to their actual output and notoriously injury prone it's hard to find clubs prepared to take the risk unless the player himself is prepared to sacrifice his footballing soul and move to Turkey, Qatar or China.
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,612 posts | 366 
      Reply #1000: Jun 21, 2022 11:18:04 pm
      Midfield has to be a big area of concern this season.  Ox may have to stay another year just because we are running out of options.

I think there's 3 starters in Hendo Thiago and Fab and any injuries which are inevitable we are okay I guess with Naby but scraping the barrel with Curtis, Ox and Millie.

Because of the lack of tenable options Ox could easily play 20/25 games next season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1001: Jun 22, 2022 12:08:19 am
      Ox stays and Taki goes, never did I see that coming after this last season.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #1002: Jun 22, 2022 07:31:52 am
      Midfield has to be a big area of concern this season.  Ox may have to stay another year just because we are running out of options.

I think there's 3 starters in Hendo Thiago and Fab and any injuries which are inevitable we are okay I guess with Naby but scraping the barrel with Curtis, Ox and Millie.

Because of the lack of tenable options Ox could easily play 20/25 games next season.

If this is the case we are royally fu**ed. I'd love to be wrong but I'm pretty sure his best days are long past and they don't look like they're coming back.

He was dire anytime he played for us this season.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1003: Jun 22, 2022 08:01:39 am
      Can't see Ox going anywhere to be honest
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1004: Jun 22, 2022 03:16:54 pm

Very unlikely. Not just is he the last midfield option, i expect Jones and particularly Elliott to get more opportunities to play, which will further eat into Ox's time.

Last year Ox made 17 starts across all comps, and i expect that number to go down this season, not up.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1005: Jun 22, 2022 11:20:53 pm
      Can't see Ox going anywhere to be honest

Nope, he's in the pecking order ahead of Jones I suppose at this point if he's able to stay healthy and get a run of games. Now if Jones steps up his game I could see him claiming more playing time. Harvey will get more time by default I think, but don't really see him as a like for like with Jones or Ox to be fair.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1006: Jun 23, 2022 04:01:25 am
      Nope, he's in the pecking order ahead of Jones I suppose at this point if he's able to stay healthy and get a run of games. Now if Jones steps up his game I could see him claiming more playing time. Harvey will get more time by default I think, but don't really see him as a like for like with Jones or Ox to be fair.

If you look at the end of last season it was Jones who was getting starts (vs Soton and Villa) at the tail end of the season while Ox never saw the pitch at any capacity.

Based on that Jones is ahead of Ox in the pecking order at the end if last season. Think Ox be in tough to get significant amount of minutes unless injury bug bites
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1007: Jun 23, 2022 06:23:53 am
      So many post on what has now become a bad player for your club yet some still think he has a place  :lmao: I suppose there’s deluded fans on here as well as redcafe.  ;D

Just get rid, simple as. He’s finish and has been for two seasons. He belongs in the championship as that’s his new standard.
      rossyred

• 9,099 posts | 1638 
      Reply #1008: Jun 23, 2022 07:58:01 am
      So many post on what has now become a bad player for your club yet some still think he has a place  :lmao: I suppose there’s deluded fans on here as well as redcafe.  ;D

Just get rid, simple as. He’s finish and has been for two seasons. He belongs in the championship as that’s his new standard.

Think you need to look into people's posts more , not just ability factor there are wages and length of contract to factor In
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1009: Jun 23, 2022 08:59:27 am
      I still rate the ox, but that doesnt matter, its klopp that picks the team and he hardly picked him at the end of last season.

So like I said if I was the oxx id be getting out of dodge ASAP to get a team that he will start every week for.

Would not be surprised to see him end up back at southampton for the rest of his career, or fek of to the states. pop star wife and all that. ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,672 posts | 2657 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1010: Jun 23, 2022 10:17:05 am
      Think you need to look into people's posts more , not just ability factor there are wages and length of contract to factor In

All I’m saying is Rossy he’s not even a bench player anymore. Maybe some of you lot! coming down to United’s standards  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,459 posts | 1736 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1011: Jun 23, 2022 10:33:50 am
      All I’m saying is Rossy he’s not even a bench player anymore. Maybe some of you lot! coming down to United’s standards  :lmao:

He walks into that united team mate.  :lmao:

Quick Reply