Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

North Korea

Read 376 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,202 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      North Korea
      Sep 05, 2017 11:49:32 am
      I was watching news and the reports on NK and the claims by NK that they have managed to put a warhead on their ICBMS. Which I have reservations about! Putting it on a missle is different than getting it to actually do whats intended.

Then I got a very cold thought. Say the situation gets to the point of actual military action. Regardless of the Propaganda bullshit, the parades and show of force. The N.K. military is antiquated, thus the fervor to have a nuke program. They have a fairly modern artillery force and air defense network but after 1 hour it would be decimated by cruise missiles and drone strikes. The mile wide minefield at the DMZ would be carpet bombed by B52s and would offer little resistance to Allied armor corps in Abrams and Leopards and Challengers.  Pyongyang would be encircled within 3 weeks and the remains of the NK hardliners and fanatical military divisions would be low on ammo, and have no means to break the Allied lines. 

So what would Kim have left? He will probably have a Nuclear device in tne palace because hes a lunatic. If he detonates he kills himself and all his government and thatsnit game over. But! I fear he will try and get the US. Whats to stop him from sending his ambassador, in a plane to NYC under the guise of a UN peace deal or cease fire.  But, loads that plane carrying a diplomatic staff, under diplomatic immunity with a Hydrogen bomb and detonating it in the center of NYC? 
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: North Korea
      Reply #1: Sep 05, 2017 12:14:59 pm
      Lil Kim's going to end up like Saddam and Gadaffi as the west delivers their version of democracy by reigning bombs down on the North Koreans in a war the vast majority of us won't want as we've already seen the out comes of these wars.

Whilst those who stand to make multiple millions from arms and North Koreas natural resources will be rubbing their collective hands gleefully, what a world we live in...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,377 posts | 2162 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Sep 05, 2017 12:18:18 pm
      We are on the march with kim jong un's army

Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #3: Sep 05, 2017 12:20:32 pm
      Say America take out Nk though Daz, what does China and Russia make of that?

I can't see any good outcome by military force in this?

I don't see how or why Nk would want nuclear war either.. It's not a war they can win... It's not a war that anyone wins come to that though

The world is led by lunatics
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 3,202 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #4: Sep 05, 2017 01:44:02 pm

I don't see how or why Nk would want nuclear war either.. It's not a war they can win... It's not a war that anyone wins come to that though

China needs to completely shut off all oil imports, 100%. 2nd. A defacto siege of N.K at its borders which requires Russia and China to participate. The only other outcome is a military strike, hitting all the launch sites and artillery pieces in one single strike. Which is an impossibility.  Their is no question that an allied force will cripple NK. But no matter how forceful we hit them they will probably use nukes as a final last gasp.  Having an ICBM is the goal for NK but they probably have an arsenal of  the small, tactical battlefield nukes. They also could have the RA115 nukes which are generally 1 to 2 KT. less than 100lbs and could be carried in a suitcase. When the USSR collapsed they were missing over 80 devices. Not to mention the constant flow of arms the Soviets gave them during the Korean war and aftet which supposedly included those bombs and the bigger FROGS which were fit onto artillery shells and medium range, mobile missle platforms. The FROGS were capable of decimating a 2 mile zone which can eliminate an entire armored Division in 1 second.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,219 posts | 2084 
      Reply #5: Sep 05, 2017 01:47:08 pm
      China needs to completely shut off all oil imports, 100%. 2nd. A defacto siege of N.K at its borders which requires Russia and China to participate. The only other outcome is a military strike, hitting all the launch sites and artillery pieces in one single strike. Which is an impossibility.  Their is no question that an allied force will cripple NK. But no matter how forceful we hit them they will probably use nukes as a final last gasp.  Having an ICBM is the goal for NK but they probably have an arsenal of  the small, tactical battlefield nukes. They also could have the RA115 nukes which are generally 1 to 2 KT. less than 100lbs and could be carried in a suitcase. When the USSR collapsed they were missing over 80 devices. Not to mention the constant flow of arms the Soviets gave them during the Korean war and aftet which supposedly included those bombs and the bigger FROGS which were fit onto artillery shells and medium range, mobile missle platforms. The FROGS were capable of decimating a 2 mile zone which can eliminate an entire armored Division in 1 second.

Russia and China wont stand for that, and then an easy war you are describing becomes something all the more frightening.

Putin said today that sanctions are pointless because Nk would rather eat grass than give up their weapons

:confused-smiley-013:
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2017 02:03:28 pm by Kopite78 »
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #6: Sep 05, 2017 01:51:34 pm
      Russia and China wont stand for that, and then an easy war you are describing becomes something all the more frightening.

Putin said today that sanctions are pointless because Nk would rather way grass than give up their weapons

:confused-smiley-013:

Spot on, looking at the bigger picture, taking out the North which cannot be done is a gateway to then going after China which the USA has been longing to do for a while now..

Then you throw Russia into the mix & Iran..

Put it this way, there won't be a South Korea or parts of Japan if North Korea was attacked.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,506 posts | 156 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #7: Sep 05, 2017 01:56:24 pm
      Don't think China and Russia will do that as that will mean the fall of the NK regime. I believe they rather have to deal with Kim than have a unified Korea allied with the US.

I also don't believe that NK wants a war, that will disappear them from the map they try and push it up to the limit so they get some 'respect' from the international community. They want to have nukes because that's probably the only thing that will save the regime, otherwise they'll suffer the same fate as Gadafi or Hussein.

Who knows how far Kim will go, hopefully they don't make a mistake along the way like firing a missile to Guam or something like that as that will surely mean war.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #8: Sep 05, 2017 02:27:43 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #9: Sep 05, 2017 02:29:00 pm
      Don't think China and Russia will do that as that will mean the fall of the NK regime. I believe they rather have to deal with Kim than have a unified Korea allied with the US.

I also don't believe that NK wants a war, that will disappear them from the map they try and push it up to the limit so they get some 'respect' from the international community. They want to have nukes because that's probably the only thing that will save the regime, otherwise they'll suffer the same fate as Gadafi or Hussein.

Who knows how far Kim will go, hopefully they don't make a mistake along the way like firing a missile to Guam or something like that as that will surely mean war.
      eventually their missile could error and hit somewhere. At that time it will give USA and allies the green light to use military action.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #10: Sep 05, 2017 02:47:44 pm

Intellectual psychopaths covers it, Lenin, Hitler, Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein to name a few; Kim Hong Un is within a strike of joining them, some would say he's there already.

Edit: have always thought the witch Thatcher well deserved to be on that list, people will see the light eventually.
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2017 02:53:08 pm by stuey »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,557 posts | 393 
      Reply #11: Sep 05, 2017 03:13:45 pm
      Please NO WAR......but how do you deal with someone so deluded as the young un?
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #12: Sep 05, 2017 03:15:27 pm
      Either Russia and China bring NK to heal and demand that they hand over all nuclear weapons and stop constantly agitating for war or there will only be one outcome here and that is the complete decimation of NK, but there of course also be massive damage to SK as well.

What I do not think will happen is Russia or China getting involved in any conflict, that would be an extremely dangerous act on their part and would serve no purpose at all.

This entire current situation is from China's failure to control NK.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #13: Sep 05, 2017 03:24:27 pm
      Please NO WAR......but how do you deal with someone so deluded as the Trump?.

Fixed ;)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Sep 05, 2017 03:43:32 pm
      Please NO WAR......but how do you deal with someone so deluded as the young un?

The Young Un
      Darling I'm the young Un
      And the young Un
      Shouldn't be afraid

To live, love
      While the bomb is strong
      Cause I may not be the young Un
      Very long

Tomorrow
      Why wait until tomorrow?
      Cause tomorrow
      Will not ever come

So love me
      There's a world to be bombed
      And the best time is to bomb it
      While I'm young.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #15: Sep 05, 2017 04:17:41 pm
      Intellectual psychopaths covers it,

Don't know if I'd refer to Kim Jong-Un as fully intellectual though!!

I wonder if HBO or Showtime will show this Battle of the Braindead between him and Trump ;)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,010 posts | 1375 
      Reply #16: Sep 05, 2017 04:18:23 pm
      There is a solution here.

Cut off all world trade to North Korea and in parallel destroy their nuclear test facilities.

Monitor all their activity going forward with regards nuclear weapons testing.

Do not lift sanctions again until it is evident all of their nuclear development has ceased.

That should wipe the smile off that fat f**king freaks face.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #17: Sep 05, 2017 04:21:35 pm
      There is a solution here.

Cut off all world trade to North Korea and in parallel destroy their nuclear test facilities.

Monitor all their activity going forward with regards nuclear weapons testing.

Do not lift sanctions again until it is evident all of their nuclear development has ceased.

That should wipe the smile off that fat f**king freaks face.

And probably leave the rest of the country facing starvation!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,010 posts | 1375 
      Reply #18: Sep 05, 2017 04:36:47 pm
      And probably leave the rest of the country facing starvation!!

There is no perfect solution mate.

Maybe starvation will knock some sense in to the brainwashed populace.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #19: Sep 05, 2017 04:42:32 pm

Doubt it, the propaganda machine is probably on a whole new level to what even we've seen.

Plus the country is already sanctioned to f**k now. Only way I see is assassinating the fat c**t, but the yanks would probably have to lob a few missiles in just to do that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #20: Sep 05, 2017 04:48:16 pm

I think they've starved enough. Poor guys have no other option but to behave the way they do.

All up to China really - they're in no easy position so antagonising and chastising the Chinese for quick answers/solutions, as that tw*t Trump is doing, doesn't seem to be the right way to do it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,751 posts | 3302 
      Reply #21: Sep 05, 2017 04:58:58 pm
      Don't know if I'd refer to Kim Jong-Un as fully intellectual though!!

I wonder if HBO or Showtime will show this Battle of the Braindead between him and Trump ;)

That was a response to Shabs who informs that KJU attended an elite private Swiss university, suggesting that he is not as soft as he looks.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #22: Sep 05, 2017 04:59:18 pm

You believe in collective punishment.?

Next you'll probably say starve the Brexiteers ;D
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,010 posts | 1375 
      Reply #23: Sep 05, 2017 05:31:38 pm
      That was a response to Shabs who informs that KJU attended an elite private Swiss university, suggesting that he is not as soft as he looks.

Of course he goes to the land of chocolate for his education the fat f**k.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,010 posts | 1375 
      Reply #24: Sep 05, 2017 05:32:43 pm
      You believe in collective punishment.?

Next you'll probably say starve the Brexiteers ;D

Well... while we're at it  ;D

Quick Reply