Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match - Man City vs. Liverpool - 9th Sept. 12:30 GMT (Let the Games Resume)

Read 9093 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre Match - Man City vs. Liverpool - 9th Sept. 12:30 GMT (Let the Games Resume)
      Sep 05, 2017 02:58:55 pm
      SO glad to have a football match to talk about again. And a big'un as well.

Could be a cracker. I see Bobby is starting tonight in Brazil and with this an early kickoff Saturday, I wonder if Sturridge might get the nod to start. Do Mane and Salah have games tonight as well?
      « Last Edit: Sep 05, 2017 08:59:42 pm by JD »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Pre Match - Man City vs. Liverpool - 9th Sept. 12:30 GMT (Let the Games Resume)
      Reply #1: Sep 05, 2017 03:05:48 pm
      SO glad to have a football match to talk about again. And a big'un as well.

Could be a cracker. I see Bobby is starting tonight in Brazil and with this an early kickoff Saturday, I wonder if Sturridge might get the nod to start. Do Mane and Salah have games tonight as well?

Nice flight back on private jet should ensure Firminio is plenty refreshed for the early kick off on Saturday, Coutinho can come back on the cheapest nastiest budget airline we can find.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre Match - Man City vs. Liverpool - 9th Sept. 12:30 GMT (Let the Games Resume)
      Reply #2: Sep 05, 2017 03:42:14 pm
      Nice flight back on private jet should ensure Firminio is plenty refreshed for the early kick off on Saturday, Coutinho can come back on the cheapest nastiest budget airline we can find.

;D. Phil will be on the plane as well. Something like this:

http://dtlon6z3v1kfl.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/01135502/7hMsbW1l.jpg
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Sep 05, 2017 03:49:29 pm
      Id like.

Mignolet

TAA Gomez Matip Robertson

Can Hendo Chambrrlain

Mane           Bobby             Salah.

Subs: karius Lovern Moreno Gruij Gini Danny Woodburn
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #4: Sep 05, 2017 06:25:46 pm
      No doubt the boss will get his tactics right again. Got a good feeling about this one, think there'll be a few goals in it, so going 2:3 to the red men !
      Still seems a long way off, can't bloody wait for it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Sep 05, 2017 06:45:20 pm

Or....Buddy Holly Airways....accompanied with Lynard Skynard singing..."Im leaving on a jet plane"    ;D

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Sep 05, 2017 07:10:27 pm
      I'm thinking it's going to be to early for Alex's debut, after yrs of stagnation under Wenger it's a huge change in style and certainly too much to play him against Citeh, on the bench at a stretch,

Migs coming back should instill a tad of confidence to Matip & Lovren who I think will be our CB pairing although I am tempted to play Gomez next to Matip, it's likely tho that Gomez & Moreno will be the wing backs with the usual suspects in midfield, Henderson, Can & Gini supporting the three amigo's up front,

In short same side different victims (apart from Karius)

We usually do well against Abu Dhabi Utd and I think we will do again, unless they set up deliberately to prevent us charging forward I can't see them being able to cope with our aggression,

Migs
           Gomez  Matip   Lovren   Moreno
                             Henderson
                       Gini                 Emre
              Salah        Firmino       Mane

Citeh are a better side from last season but we are too, they won't be sitting back playing at home which should create space for us to utilise to the max,

1-3 Mighty Reds

YNWA

« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2017 02:23:31 pm by racerx34 »
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7: Sep 05, 2017 07:17:32 pm
      Hope we give em a spanking think it will be close but i think a win for us by one goal
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Sep 05, 2017 08:32:51 pm
      Obviously would like to see a win.

Havent lost in 17 matches ...... lets keep it going.

Is baby Sterling playing ?  Lets hope so . He has certainly gone down in Pep's pecking order in recent weeks.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #9: Sep 05, 2017 08:44:39 pm

Apart from the Palace game.  But yes - 1 defeat in 17 competitive games is a pretty solid run of form.

Is baby Sterling playing ?  Lets hope so .

Assume he is suspended.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #10: Sep 05, 2017 08:45:19 pm
      Obviously would like to see a win.

Is baby Sterling playing ?  Lets hope so . He has certainly gone down in Pep's pecking order in recent weeks.
      He has the worst first touch I have seen in a professional footballer.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #11: Sep 05, 2017 08:52:28 pm
      Sterling is suspended
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #12: Sep 05, 2017 08:53:58 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Sep 05, 2017 08:56:26 pm
      Suspended?
      B***ard . Thats a pity.  Love seeing him kicked up in the air.   ;D

See if we can keep that win ratio against the top 5 around us again, for this season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14: Sep 06, 2017 10:00:32 am
      I doubt it will be below, but  would chose this.

Firmino
      Mane            Salah

Woodburn
      Hendo           Gini

TAA Lovren Matip Robbo

Karius

Subs: Mignolet, Grujic, Sturridge, Klavan, Gomez, Moreno and Milner.

Can and Coutinho dropped for now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Sep 06, 2017 10:14:03 am
      I fancy us to win this or at least get a draw.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #16: Sep 06, 2017 10:16:09 am
      I'd say now is a good time to play City. With lots of players in hopefully they will make a few mistakes we can capitalise on
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #17: Sep 06, 2017 10:44:30 am
      I hope to see Can start the game to provide cover for the defence and break out for counter attacks. Love his final touches around the box. More shooting practice for Salah. He must learn to chip the ball into goal instead of shooting straight at the keeper.  matip must improve, he has been pretty sluggish in the last few games. Anyone noticed that. Does Alex starts the game?
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #18: Sep 06, 2017 01:16:36 pm
      I think this game will suit us just fine. Citeh are under pressure to win the league so they cannot afford to sit back and try to hit us on the break, so they will have to take the game to us which should leave them vulnerable.

1-3 good away win.  (was going to go 1-2)

CMON YOU REDMEN
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #19: Sep 06, 2017 02:06:34 pm
      Before the Arsenal game I said it would be 7-0 to Liverpool.
      If it weren't for an excellent goalkeeping display it would have been.
      I guess I will go with the same. 7-0 I think this will be.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #20: Sep 06, 2017 03:00:42 pm
      A few potential story lines for this one:

- Does Coutinho make the bench or starting 11, or will Klopp make him work his way back into the team?
      - Does Can's contract standoff impact Klopp's selection?
      - Does Ox get selected to the starting 11 after only a couple of training sessions?

Most likely answers:  No, no, and no.  Klopp will probably go with the same team that destroyed Arsenal (except Karius), although he could make 1 or 2 changes.  Possibly TAA or Milner on for Gomez.  Possibly Robertson on for Moreno.  Other than that, I expect all of the others to keep their places. 

Migs
              TAA - Matip - Lovren - Moreno
      Hendo
      Gini  --  Can
      Salah - Bobby - Mane

Subs:  Karius, Gomez, Klavan, Milner, Ox, Sturridge, Coutinho
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #21: Sep 06, 2017 03:45:17 pm
      Id like.

Mignolet

TAA Gomez Matip Robertson

Can Hendo Chambrrlain

Mane           Bobby             Salah.

Subs: karius Lovern Moreno Gruij Gini Danny Woodburn
      I would have Mignolet stand in front of the goal, not that it would make much difference.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #22: Sep 06, 2017 04:19:45 pm
      A few potential story lines for this one:

- Does Coutinho make the bench or starting 11, or will Klopp make him work his way back into the team?
      - Does Can's contract standoff impact Klopp's selection?
      - Does Ox get selected to the starting 11 after only a couple of training sessions?

Most likely answers:  No, no, and no.  Klopp will probably go with the same team that destroyed Arsenal (except Karius), although he could make 1 or 2 changes.  Possibly TAA or Milner on for Gomez.  Possibly Robertson on for Moreno.  Other than that, I expect all of the others to keep their places. 

Migs
              TAA - Matip - Lovren - Moreno
      Hendo
      Gini  --  Can
      Salah - Bobby - Mane

Subs:  Karius, Gomez, Klavan, Milner, Ox, Sturridge, Coutinho

I think this is the lineup, down to the subs. The only question I might have is if Robertson starts ahead of Moreno, but I doubt it.

Quick Reply