Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Simon Mignolet
      12 (21.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (5.4%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (5.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (3.6%)
      Alberto Moreno
      3 (5.4%)
      Emre Can
      2 (3.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (5.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (8.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (14.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      6 (10.7%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      7 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Voting closed: Sep 13, 2017 02:32:18 pm

Manchester City 5-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 55006 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,185 posts | 1636 
      Re: Manchester City 5-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #713: Sep 09, 2017 07:03:11 pm
      Against Crystal Palace. Not a £1BN team. We didn't lose that game down to one individual position.

The whole team gave up which in my view is far more worrying.  When the chips are down they all jumped ship.

How many times, for instance, did you see the captain bollocking anyone today?  So many problems and a lack of leadership on the field is just one of the many things.  It's one of the reasons we have lost 3 consecutive cup finals in my view.

Spot on. This has been a problem for far too long, we are a team of soft shites.

We have big defensive issues but that has been a concern I've banged on about for ages now it feels. All fine when we are smashing goals in but the second we struggle we collapse and our lads don't look up for the fight.

But our biggest issue is the defence and the decision to not sign not sign a CB and our persistence with Migs after how many seasons continues to baffle.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #714: Sep 09, 2017 07:10:35 pm
      Against Crystal Palace. Not a £1BN team. We didn't lose that game down to one individual position.

The whole team gave up which in my view is far more worrying.  When the chips are down they all jumped ship.

How many times, for instance, did you see the captain bollocking anyone today?  So many problems and a lack of leadership on the field is just one of the many things.  It's one of the reasons we have lost 3 consecutive cup finals in my view.

Henderson could be very decent squad player in a top side.

When taking that into account,  where he is now for us, tells its own story.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #715: Sep 09, 2017 07:20:49 pm

How many times, for instance, did you see the captain bollocking anyone today? So many problems and a lack of leadership on the field is just one of the many things.  It's one of the reasons we have lost 3 consecutive cup finals in my view.

What captain ?

Henderson is useless as a player and a captain.

Time to stop worrying about net spends after Rodgers financial orgy on second rate crap.

You build from the back .

We may have an electrifying attack but we have no defence, no midfield and NO LEADERS .
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017 07:33:34 pm by MIRO »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #716: Sep 09, 2017 07:21:32 pm
      Biggest defeat in my lifetime.

I remember losing 5-1 to coventry around 94. That was a gash Liverpool side.

Hit for 6 by arsenal in 07 was it?? But scored 3 and that was league cup.

Yep today officially worst defeat in my time
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,203 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #717: Sep 09, 2017 07:27:50 pm
      Its the ussual one step forward one step back with the exeption of Mane and Salah the rest were sh*te bottleless and didnt stand up the whole defence were dross and why Klopp has done nothing about it is beyond me.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #718: Sep 09, 2017 07:29:29 pm

Stoke 6-1 Liverpool
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #719: Sep 09, 2017 07:33:22 pm

Today wouldn't bother me as much as it did if like losing to Chelsea 4-1 at Anfield in October 2005 because back then I knew we had a team we could rely on...and indeed were the European champions at the time. The fact that bothers me about the 5-0 defeat today is that it features a few of the players (Mignolet, Moreno, Henderson, Can) who so thoroughly disgraced themselves in that 6-1 defeat to Stoke two years ago. It's that fact that makes you realise that the core of this football team is simply not good enough.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #720: Sep 09, 2017 07:38:50 pm
      I don't see the big deal. 5-0 away to City with 10 men is not a lot different to 1-0 in terms of winning the league. 7 points from four games, which includes Arsenal and City.... It's hardly awful. Next week we will probably have 10 points from 5. Use Sakho in CL game... one of his match ban will get soaked up in EFL cup right? so 2 PL game ban?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #721: Sep 09, 2017 07:43:41 pm

Brian.

You forgot Brendan's swansong v Stoke.

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017 07:49:11 pm by MIRO »
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #722: Sep 09, 2017 07:44:42 pm
      I think people are arguing about the intent aspect?  It was definitely dangerous though and those are the laws - even if it was accidental you get a red card these days. 

If he hadn't have connected would he have got a red?

If you go in like that I don't think intent matters.
      I've seen a few posts saying he had his eye on the ball as well, so it wasn't intentional.
      Neither of those things matter.

If he hadn't connected, it wouldn't have been a foul, so not even a yellow for me, but the 'keepers momentum would have carried him through Mane, and it's likely he would have got a red.
      These are the fine margins of elite sport I suppose.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #723: Sep 09, 2017 07:46:44 pm
      I don't see the big deal. 5-0 away to City with 10 men is not a lot different to 1-0 in terms of winning the league. 7 points from four games, which includes Arsenal and City.... It's hardly awful. Next week we will probably have 10 points from 5. Use Sakho in CL game... one of his match ban will get soaked up in EFL cup right? so 2 PL game ban?

Sakho couldn't get a game when he was here mate, I doubt he'll get a game now ;)

Mane's bans don't impact the ECL at all - unless I'm mistaken. Perhaps someone else can clarify
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #724: Sep 09, 2017 07:48:10 pm
      We weren't as good as City today, TAA as wobbly as Mr Blobby, Mignolet couldn't catch a cold, Salah couldn't hit water falling out of a boat and Mane trying to be Liu Kang. We just have to forget it and move on. Not a big deal over the whole of the season. I think City will be more pissed losing their keeper for a while.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #725: Sep 09, 2017 07:50:03 pm
      Sorry rib,but I'd sooner see 0-1 then 0-5,it's not so much the final score it was the manner in which we lost,ten men or not the reds had there shorts  pulled down today & were  bent over and biffed up the wrong un simply because the gaffer and the players allowed it.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,975 posts | 237 
      Reply #726: Sep 09, 2017 07:51:27 pm
      I think City will be more pissed losing their keeper for a while.

Wasn't he back on the bench by the end of the game? He needed a couple of stitches, that is about it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2780 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #727: Sep 09, 2017 07:51:30 pm
      Brian.

You forgot Brendan's swansong v Stoke.

Jaysus i did. Ye cant hold that against me 😁
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #728: Sep 09, 2017 07:52:55 pm
      We weren't as good as City today, TAA as wobbly as Mr Blobby, Mignolet couldn't catch a cold, Salah couldn't hit water falling out of a boat and Mane trying to be Liu Kang. We just have to forget it and move on. Not a big deal over the whole of the season. I think City will be more pissed losing their keeper for a while.

If by while you mean roughly 20 minutes today then yeah they'll be worried haha.

F**k all wrong with him
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #729: Sep 09, 2017 07:53:44 pm
      Sorry rib,but I'd sooner see 0-1 then 0-5,it's not so much the final score it was the manner in which we lost,ten men or not the reds had there shorts  pulled down today & were  bent over and biffed up the wrong un simply because the gaffer and the players allowed it.
      I would also, but when you consider losing 1-0 or 5-0 still equates to 0 points, I am not going to be overly bothered in the scoreline other than win or lose today.
      I would rather lose 5-0 to City at Ethiad than lose 2-1 to Palace etc.... for the reason I don't see an away loss to city as dropping points. The Watford game was far more disappointing than today. I consider we dropped points to Watford rather than City.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #730: Sep 09, 2017 07:59:20 pm
      Thought Klopp made a few strange decisions today. Like taking Salah off and putting Can CB. That's bizarre.

Why not replace Gini (invisible again) with Ox and leave Salah on and if you want to shore up the defence, just replace Klavan with Lovren.

I know we have an ECL game coming up, but we have a league cup game against Leicester soon if players need resting.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #731: Sep 09, 2017 08:02:05 pm
      Honeymoon is over for klopp he needs start sort out defence he be long enough here
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #732: Sep 09, 2017 08:04:03 pm
      I think City will be more pissed losing their keeper for a while.

Ederson is only expected to miss one game maybe not even that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #733: Sep 09, 2017 08:06:40 pm
      Thought Klopp made a few strange decisions today. Like taking Salah off and putting Can CB. That's bizarre.

Why not replace Gini (invisible again) with Ox and leave Salah on and if you want to shore up the defence, just replace Klavan with Lovren.

I know we have an ECL game coming up, but we have a league cup game against Leicester soon if players need resting.
      It's probably best if we drop out the EFL to Leicester to be honest. Awful thought, but we just didn't invest enough in the summer to compete on four fronts. If you look at our next 5 games.

13th: Liverpool V Sevilla CL

16th: Liverpool V Burnley PL

19th Leicester City V Liverpool EFL

23rd Leicester City V Liverpool PL

26th Spartak Moscow V Liverpool CL

We need to use the EFL as a rest period, since this competition is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
      « Last Edit: Sep 09, 2017 08:11:24 pm by Ribapuru »
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,975 posts | 237 
      Reply #734: Sep 09, 2017 08:17:27 pm
      It's probably best if we drop out the EFL to Leicester to be honest. Awful thought, but we just didn't invest enough in the summer to compete on four fronts. If you look at our next 5 games.

13th: Liverpool V Sevilla CL

16th: Liverpool V Burnley PL

19th Leicester City V Liverpool EFL

23rd Leicester City V Liverpool PL

26th Spartak Moscow V Liverpool CL

We need to use the EFL as a rest period, since this competition is insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

We had enough rest today. Players either got sent off or got subbed early or didn't bother to lift a finger, let alone,  work their ass off.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #735: Sep 09, 2017 08:21:26 pm
      Could have been worse, United got held to Stoke. We are only 3 points behind 1st and we already played Arsenal and City... There are a lot of reasons to be cheerful. Most people would have took 3 points behind 1st after 4 games with the difficult start in the fixture list.

Quick Reply