Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre match : Liverpool v Sevilla : 13th Sept : 19:45

Read 9241 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Re: Pre match : Liverpool v Sevilla : 13th Sept : 19:45
      Reply #69: Sep 13, 2017 11:07:05 am
      Hope to F**k we don't see that donkey Klavan in the line up tonight.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #70: Sep 13, 2017 11:38:15 am
      They wont ever show any in depth training mate.
      If you and me can watch it so can the opposition

Not in depth, I know we are not going to get a sneak peek at team tactics. But at least show us a 6v4 possession in a square drill for a few minutes, something that shows the skills of the players - or a simple finishing drill. Has to be something other than warmup they can show us.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #71: Sep 13, 2017 01:44:33 pm
      I'd go with
      ---------------Karius--------------
      Gomez--Matip--Lovren--Robertson
      ------------Henderson-------------
      --------Can---------Coutinho------
      Salah-------Firmino---------Mane

Karius- Needs a chance to prove himself regularly, hasn't done bad this season when called upon in preseason and vs arsenal. I think a young keeper with potential is worth the gamble over a keeper in their prime doing below average.

Gomez- TAA needs to be rotated with Joe, especially after being gang raped by 11 City players on Saturday.

Matip- Im still to be overly convinced by him because he hasn't done amazing but he is still our best CB.

Lovren- Better than Klavan. That's literally the only reason why.

Henderson- Settles us well and ticks us over nicely.

Can- When he has a good game he's our best CM. Playing him will only bring more of that out of him. Untouchable when he's on form and adds muscle to our lightweight team.

Coutinho- Our best player (just over Mane) and why refuse to sell a player and then refuse to play him? He isn't unfit, he had preseason, he had a game with brasil and has had 10 days training. He is going to be a big player for us this season, same affect as suarez the year before he left.

Mane- Picks himself, will destroy teams in the champions league that try and come out and play football.

Firmino- Love him. Makes our system so formidable when he's on his game.

Salah- Will be a force in the champions league for us because of his experience in there.

Subs to be used- Ox, Sturridge and a youngster later on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #72: Sep 13, 2017 03:13:43 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #73: Sep 13, 2017 03:17:05 pm
      I'm so jacked for this game. I'm throwing on the Carragher and putting a huge chip on my shoulder before heading to a dive bar with a few of my friends around 1 PM my time to get the booze in me. The game starts at 2:30 local time and I'll be right and prime to catch an ass whoopin as I cant fight at all. Most likely no one will give a sh*t about some asshole wearing a collared football jersey due to the fact that I live in small town VA. Therefore me and the boys will get to watch the game in peace.

Anyways, I want to see our best team on the pitch for this one, but with Mo sick who knows if he can even play? Anyways.....

Karius

Matip                   Lovern

Gomez                                                    Roberston

Can                      Hendo                   Couthino

Salah                                Mane

Firmino

With Mo being sick maybe we move Mane on the right and Phil on the left. If that's the case I almost want to see the Ox pop in to the midfield. Gini needs a rest and this is why we got the Ox, aint it? Lets go Redmen, give em the full pecker. 3-1 FTW

YNWA boys

Forgive the off-topic story - but one of my most memorable experiences of trying to watch football in a public place in the U.S. came in Winchester, Virginia in about 2001. I moved on a Saturday and we wouldn't get TV services until the following Monday. The  U.S. MNT had a World Cup qualifier on the Sunday so I had been asking if there was a sports bar in this relatively small town (but bigger than Appamattox). I was given an address and I walked into this sleepy pub, with just two or three 2 o'clock drinkers not really watching one of the 2 or 3 TVs (it was not a sports bar per se). I asked if I could get the game on and the waitress obliged. I think I'm in the clear and watching the first few minutes of the game.

Then I hear some very loud voices approaching and the door bursts open, brilliant sunlight streaming in. I look over and this hulking figure of a man stands, a dark figure with the sun at his back and a giant golden beard stretching down in front of his orange hunting coveralls. He breaks off his spirited monologue in mid-sentence, immediately casting eyes on the small TV set with the game on it. After the briefest pause he starts in with a redneck accent (different than Southern - they are two different things) and loud, combative voice "Soccer?!?! Who the haaaaaillllll's watchin' soccer?!?!?" I instinctively slouched down in my booth but the waitress cheerfully replies "Why, this nice man right here." as she motions to me.

"You're not from around here are you?" - the man guffawed, followed by "We don't watch soccer in here. Get some NASCAR on that TV!!!"

The lady looked at me sheepishly and I motioned it was OK as I moved to a remote corner of the place and a set that actually was more in place for the kitchen help, both of whom were Spanish-speaking men. The waitress put the game on that set and I stood on the entrance to the galley, sipping my drink and watching the game (to a backdrop of auto racing sound) with my two new amigos.

Things have gotten better re that in my lifetime, thankfully. Here's hoping for the chance to watch a world-correcting LFC win today.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #74: Sep 13, 2017 03:18:01 pm
      If memory serves me well, Emre Can absolutely bossed that game.

I'd like to see Borini back here....always good for a laugh!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #75: Sep 13, 2017 03:38:04 pm
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #76: Sep 13, 2017 04:16:49 pm
      Not overly familiar with Sevilla, but with players like N'Zonzi (very underrated #6 imo) and Banaga/Ganso, I suspect they will shift the ball around really well and probably look to dominate the midfield, but I suspect our pressing will nullify that! And with Jesus, Correa and Ben Yedder, they have strength, skill and movement, but again, if our pressing forces them to defend deep, are they really such a threat on the counter? I am not sure tbh.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #77: Sep 13, 2017 04:46:53 pm
      Just saw that its likely Karius will start. Don't think he's looked confident recently, so pretty surprised. You have to assume Jürgen knows what he's doing, just hope he doesn't drop a clanger in our first CL match in quite a while. Fingers crossed he'll do OK, would imagine he could use the confidence boost of a good performance, cause he's languishing at the moment.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #78: Sep 13, 2017 04:48:54 pm
      Just saw that its likely Karius will start. Don't think he's looked confident recently, so pretty surprised. You have to assume Jürgen knows what he's doing, just hope he doesn't drop a clanger in our first CL match in quite a while. Fingers crossed he'll do OK, would imagine he could use the confidence boost of a good performance, cause he's languishing at the moment.

Had a decent preseason and kept a clean sheet against Arsenal (yeah they were poor but a clean sheets a clean sheet)

I really want him to do well, partly cause as a keeper I've given up backing Mignolet and partly because I have a man crush on Dream boa...ahem Karius.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #79: Sep 13, 2017 04:51:24 pm
      Had a decent preseason and kept a clean sheet against Arsenal (yeah they were poor but a clean sheets a clean sheet)

Didn't have many shots against him, and also couple of times he was a bit slow with ball at feet and nearly got robbed.
      But yea, no doubt his hair is A1.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #80: Sep 13, 2017 05:40:45 pm
      Have been working late this week, hopefully I'll be able to leave early today and watch the game. Think we'll win 2-1 but hopefully it'll be a comfortable 2-0 or 3-1.

Come on you Redmen!

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,741 posts | 882 
      Reply #81: Sep 13, 2017 06:20:36 pm

I could have managed a clean sheet against Arsenal... and I'm shocking in goals!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,215 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #82: Sep 13, 2017 06:24:08 pm

I really want him to do well, partly cause as a keeper I've given up backing Mignolet and partly because I have a man crush on Dream boa...ahem Karius.

Can't judge him on that game Arsenal didn't have a shot on target
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #83: Sep 13, 2017 06:33:48 pm
      Looking forward to seeing us come out to that music. It's been a while.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #84: Sep 13, 2017 06:40:36 pm
      Well I had a good feeling about the city game pre kick off, and we know what happened there.
      Today I feel very unsure about tonight's game, so perhaps that's a good omen !
      C.O.Y Mighty Reds !

Quick Reply