Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Burnley?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (2.8%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.4%)
      Joel Matip
      3 (4.2%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (4.2%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      4 (5.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      4 (5.6%)
      Mohammed Salah
      49 (68.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      3 (4.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      3 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Sep 20, 2017 04:55:13 pm

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30963 times
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 Burnley: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Sep 16, 2017 06:31:03 pm
      I blame Hendo ;)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #369: Sep 16, 2017 06:32:34 pm
      Him and Klavan are at fault for the goal. Matip was weak but Klavan was just stood their watching and scratching his ass

Their communication needed to be better as both went to mark the same man, leaving the other unmarked. Might have done with a covering midfielder there as well, and Robertson, who was excellent today, couldn't get there in time.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #370: Sep 16, 2017 06:36:11 pm
      Their communication needed to be better as both went to mark the same man, leaving the other unmarked. Might have done with a covering midfielder there as well,

The "covering midfielder" who got into a tangle with Klavan, Robby? Under no pressure from any opposition player, Can and Klavan managed to go for the same ball and give the opposition a corner. Sometimes, the hunger and desire to go for balls from our players astounds me.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #371: Sep 16, 2017 06:38:36 pm

Nah, it's Lovren. And f****** Rodgers  :mad:.

On a serious note, it's nowhere near so bad a result as it looks. They are good at the bus parking, and we're not so good at breaking it down (although I see some STILL denying it ;D), so it's not the biggest surprise.

Also, the irony of people who have previously stuck the knives into managers talking about other fans "sharpening their knives" after this result is a gem.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #372: Sep 16, 2017 06:39:14 pm

I blame klopp today, Mane's loss didn't require a full attacking line reshuffle. Just a simple like for like swap for mane with ox or even Coutinho would have done.

Then you've got Coutinho, should still be on the bench in my opinion. If not he would have been pulled long before he did if I was the manager.

Sheer greed from him, he has no right to just neglect half of the team and shoot virtually every time he gets the ball.

I'd have been majorly pissed off if somebody was playing like that in my Sunday league team last week.

I don't know how many times Robertson got down the wing in space for a pass and the greedy f**ker just cut inside and shot from 35 yards.

Even the crowd must have been pissed off with it judging by the sarcastic cheer when he finally did pass to him.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #373: Sep 16, 2017 06:40:06 pm
      Some players seem untouchable from critiscism Matip and Firminho. Matip at fault for goal no one else. And as for Firminho if he isnt selected as CF he is non existent wide

Matip, Klavan and Can were at fault in my eyes.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #374: Sep 16, 2017 06:40:26 pm
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #375: Sep 16, 2017 06:40:44 pm
      We dominated the sh*t out off that game. We were very unlucky not to get all the points today.

Burnley did let us dominate the game to get our players high on the field to look for fast breaks. And it worked, they scored once and could have scored another one, we didn't have more "hot" chances than them. If they had a better offense they'd have won this game with ease. That's the problem: we "dominating" us downhill in the table. Because what counts are goals - shot or gotten - and not domination.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #376: Sep 16, 2017 06:45:29 pm
      Compared to last season's stretch of poor results against defensive sides, I thought we had more ideas today

Weirdly we put in a far far better performance today than when we played them last season at Anfield.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #377: Sep 16, 2017 07:11:46 pm
      Him and Klavan are at fault for the goal. Matip was weak but Klavan was just stood their watching and scratching his ass

Think you need to watch it again Matip was at the wrong side and Klavan recognized that and came across
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #378: Sep 16, 2017 07:14:39 pm
      Everything good Firmino does was taken by pushing him out wide though. You look at him through the center.

He pops up everywhere, tracks back all over the pitch and is probably the most creative player we have to set up mane and Salah.

Not to mention the amount of times he wins the ball in the centre of the pitch starting attacks.

None of that with studge, should have been a straight swap mane for ox in my opinion with bobby staying where he is most effective.

It also didn't help with Coutinho single handedly trying to start and finish every attack whenever he got the ball.

Shockingly poor team play from him today so much so that the crowd actually cheered when he finally passed to Robertson in the second half

That is what I mean if not in centre not effective. Sturridge needs service got to get it into his feet in the box. When he got it he set up two good chances. I would have had Ox from start instead of Mane.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #379: Sep 16, 2017 07:20:53 pm
      Everything good Firmino does was taken by pushing him out wide though. You look at him through the center.

He pops up everywhere, tracks back all over the pitch and is probably the most creative player we have to set up mane and Salah.

Not to mention the amount of times he wins the ball in the centre of the pitch starting attacks.

None of that with studge, should have been a straight swap mane for ox in my opinion with bobby staying where he is most effective.

It also didn't help with Coutinho single handedly trying to start and finish every attack whenever he got the ball.

Shockingly poor team play from him today so much so that the crowd actually cheered when he finally passed to Robertson in the second half

Cou will be playing for himself and himself only this season so expect plenty more selfish performances like today.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #380: Sep 16, 2017 07:22:43 pm
      Burnley did let us dominate the game to get our players high on the field to look for fast breaks. And it worked, they scored once and could have scored another one, we didn't have more "hot" chances than them. If they had a better offense they'd have won this game with ease. That's the problem: we "dominating" us downhill in the table. Because what counts are goals - shot or gotten - and not domination.

Jesus you're a dark cloud!
      Burnley let us dominate? They couldn't stop us dominating the game. No they wouldn't have won if they had better offense, they wouldn't been destroyed if they went forward against us.  They were lucky to score from their first shot, and we should've had a pen before we hit the bar!

This was a very one sided game which we were unfortunate to draw. It happens!
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #381: Sep 16, 2017 07:25:18 pm
      so many changes today.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #382: Sep 16, 2017 07:35:10 pm
      Oh I agree with you that its the execution that is the issue rather than the tactics, but that also comes down to the manager and coaching, as I said do we EVER practice finishing because out lads are generally bloody useless at it, there skills levels are very poor. Oh and a plan B would be very very nice to have as well. Let me put it like this why is it teams like Chelsea and Citeh have no bloody  problems smashing teams like Burnley whilst we still do?

Because they are better than us 😳
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #383: Sep 16, 2017 07:37:19 pm

I blame the parents
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #384: Sep 16, 2017 07:40:41 pm
      Klavan hardly covered himself in glory today? Aside from the goal every time he was in possession during that second half he just stood there looking back over his shoulder sh*t scared of crossing or passing over the halfway line.

Some people on here (apologists for Lovren or Klavan) want to blame Matip yet at least he shows drive and ambition on the ball. As well as this I genuinely believe he is the only defender in that team who has the temperament to play coolly but because the idiot in goal behind him can't and his defenders alongside him can't inevitably that will catch him out.

One thing I seen at the match today, Klavan gets the ball moving a lot faster than Lovren, Matip or the F***ing slow c**t that is Can. Far too easy to slag off Klavan cos he only cost four million, but he wasn't that bad. Sorry but Matip is starting to do my F***ing head in, we need urgency and he's dropping back to the side of the area to receive a pass, when the ball wants playing up the field from Mignolet. Plus what the F**k was that dozy c**t doing for Burnley's goal, good finish from them tbf. Salah did well and good finish from him for our equaliser. Plus Coutinho looks as if he's trying to do everything on his own at the moment, trying to repay us, but in end most of his shots were flying over the bar.

One final note, Robertson looks a lot more steady at left back than empty head.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #385: Sep 16, 2017 07:43:50 pm
      Yep, the Teflon nature of Matip in terms of deflecting criticism is becoming almost Firmino like in it's nature. Baffling really.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1648 
      • YNWA
      Reply #386: Sep 16, 2017 07:58:38 pm
      I blame klopp today, Mane's loss didn't require a full attacking line reshuffle. Just a simple like for like swap for mane with ox or even Coutinho would have done.

Then you've got Coutinho, should still be on the bench in my opinion. If not he would have been pulled long before he did if I was the manager.

Sheer greed from him, he has no right to just neglect half of the team and shoot virtually every time he gets the ball.

I'd have been majorly pissed off if somebody was playing like that in my Sunday league team last week.

I don't know how many times Robertson got down the wing in space for a pass and the greedy f**ker just cut inside and shot from 35 yards.

Even the crowd must have been pissed off with it judging by the sarcastic cheer when he finally did pass to him.

Didn't see the match unfortunately, had to put curvy parallel mirrors up in the Ma's gaff :( Sounds like Coutinho was maybe a trying to bit too hard, or just showing some rust. Didn't look great last time out either.
      He pissed a lot of people off, no doubt, including me. But with all the games coming up, as per Sgt. Barnes, 'We need every swinging dick in the field', so can see why Klopp is making changes to what I reckon is HIS favorite starting XI.
      Was always going to be tough to balance multiple competitions when we only had the PL from Feb on last year, so am braced for some more of the same until hopefully we become a well oiled machine...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #387: Sep 16, 2017 08:01:03 pm
      The "covering midfielder" who got into a tangle with Klavan, Robby? Under no pressure from any opposition player, Can and Klavan managed to go for the same ball and give the opposition a corner. Sometimes, the hunger and desire to go for balls from our players astounds me.

I was referring to the goal, in the 1st half. That one was a mistake as well and we got away with it.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #388: Sep 16, 2017 08:39:46 pm
      Didn't see the match unfortunately, had to put curvy parallel mirrors up in the Ma's gaff :( Sounds like Coutinho was maybe a trying to bit too hard, or just showing some rust. Didn't look great last time out either.
      He pissed a lot of people off, no doubt, including me. But with all the games coming up, as per Sgt. Barnes, 'We need every swinging dick in the field', so can see why Klopp is making changes to what I reckon is HIS favorite starting XI.
      Was always going to be tough to balance multiple competitions when we only had the PL from Feb on last year, so am braced for some more of the same until hopefully we become a well oiled machine...

Yeah mate, dunno whether Coutinho was trying to make up to the fans, rusty or just trying to be Billy big bollocks but it was a pretty poor display from him.

Very greedy and not very supportive of his team mates. Either wanting to try to take everyone on or shoot himself from anywhere rather than pass to another red.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #389: Sep 16, 2017 09:34:52 pm
      Yep, the Teflon nature of Matip in terms of deflecting criticism is becoming almost Firmino like in it's nature. Baffling really.

At least he saved our ass at the end with that clearance and showed more drives going forward than some of our midfielders. Still our best defender by a long mile but I worry that if he has to continue playing alongside Lovren/Klavan he's going turn to sh*t soon enough.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,993 posts | 518 
      Reply #390: Sep 16, 2017 09:39:03 pm
      Didn't see the game, but have managed to take one positive from today: Jürgen started Sturridge against bus parkers. Granted it didn't actually work, but to me it at least shows he may be recognising the need for a true striker against these type of teams.

Sounds like part of the problem was playing Bobby out wide rather than resting him, but that is only going by what is being said on here. No question part of the problem continues to be our defending - I have seen the goal. Dear oh dear. How do we keep doing sh*t like that?

Quick Reply