Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it.

Read 17830 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it.
      Reply #138: Sep 28, 2017 05:31:17 pm
      On my computer the graph disappears over the edge of the screen and I can't make head nor tail of it.

I'll give you a brief description of it. It goes upwards after Klopp arrived.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #139: Sep 28, 2017 05:31:55 pm
      I'll give you a brief description of it. It goes upwards after Klopp arrived.

So has he got a higher points per game now then?
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #140: Sep 28, 2017 05:39:25 pm
      But... I'll listen to anything: ppg, win percentage, goals scored - anything.

To be honest I wasn't arsed, either way, until it was mentioned earlier but curiosity pricked; I went searching.

The following doesn't include Saturday's win btw. So, the most recent I could find... after 73 [Premier League games]:-

GOALS: Jürgen 142 - Brendan 167
      WINS: Jürgen 37 - Brendan 41
      WIN %: Jürgen 50.7% - Brendan 56.2%

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/Jürgen-klopps-liverpool-record-worse-11205510

You could, successfully argue that Brendan had better players but that wasn't his fault and I have every faith that Jürgen [what with all his "drawing power" and money and all] will improve his stats when he too signs better players but...

Listen what's done is done - Jürgen has a "better CV" after all so no need to panic just yet. Judging them over identical "timeframes" will be the only rational thing to do. Let's wait; eh? 😎

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #141: Sep 28, 2017 05:45:34 pm
      To be honest I wasn't arsed, either way, until it was mentioned earlier but curiosity pricked; I went searching.

The following doesn't include Saturday's win btw. So, the most recent I could find... after 73 [Premier League games]:-

GOALS: Jürgen 142 - Brendan 167
      WINS: Jürgen 37 - Brendan 41
      WIN %: Jürgen 50.7% - Brendan 56.2%

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/Jürgen-klopps-liverpool-record-worse-11205510

You could, successfully argue that Brendan had better players but that wasn't his fault and I have every faith that Jürgen [what with all his "drawing power" and money and all] will improve his stats when he too signs better players but...

Listen what's done is done - Jürgen has a "better CV" after all so no need to panic just yet. Judging them over identical "timeframes" will be the only rational thing to do. Let's wait; eh? 😎

You sure about those figures mate? I was told "it goes up after Klopp arrived" a couple of minutes ago, it even feels to me like we win more games now too.

Here's an idea, someone should plot it "without Suarez", that'd probably show a bit of clear water between the two.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #142: Sep 28, 2017 05:47:34 pm
      Think Brendan had a few more points didn't he. Your not attempting to try and wind me up are you?

You asked a question. I answered it. If you've got a point to make, make it.

Nah JD no wind up... I asked specifically about a thread [as mentioned in Dado's post] which discussed ppg that season. (I took Ill and wasn't on here to see the outcome) - hence the question.

Sorry if that somehow wasn't clear but thanks for your info anyhow. Much appreciated. 😎
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #143: Sep 28, 2017 05:51:36 pm
      What I don't get is this. If those figures are correct, why do those who hate all that Rodgers stands for keep bringing them up? Very odd.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #144: Sep 28, 2017 05:55:32 pm
      You sure about those figures mate? I
      Nope and I couldn't give a sweet F**k either 😁... they came from the Mirror Mick but I guess they can be checked.

Like I said earlier: only when they've had the same games can one really compare and even then...

Anyhoos... off to watch some footy. Watch your back. 😂
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #145: Sep 28, 2017 05:55:59 pm
      What I don't get is this. If those figures are correct, why do those who hate all that Rodgers stands for keep bringing them up? Very odd.

You're the only one who keeps bringing up Rodgers.

He is no longer our manager so why?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #146: Sep 28, 2017 06:00:16 pm
      You sure about those figures mate? I was told "it goes up after Klopp arrived" a couple of minutes ago, it even feels to me like we win more games now too.

Here's an idea, someone should plot it "without Suarez", that'd probably show a bit of clear water between the two.

The curve exaggerates Mick.....was heading south rapidly for a season under Brendan and trended up under Jürgen.

Totality evens that out hence Brendan slightly better......though that does include 2013/14 which either underlines or undermines the comparison dependent on your side.

Or means sweet F**k all if you're really, really clever like what I am ;)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #147: Sep 28, 2017 06:01:35 pm

because he's trolling and he thinks it will start arguments.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #148: Sep 28, 2017 06:02:24 pm
      On my computer the graph disappears over the edge of the screen and I can't make head nor tail of it.

They still make ZX Spectrums then.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #149: Sep 28, 2017 06:04:16 pm

He literally went into the Rodgers thread, gave us this anecdote about how Brendan did this that and the other last night (of course he had a friend over who just so happened to be discussing Brendan on the night of this famous victory) and then Danzel said "I don't want to get into a discussion about Rodgers" and I sh*t you not he said "me either".

It's hilarious, some might call it denial but it's somewhere far beyond that at this stage.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #150: Sep 28, 2017 06:04:28 pm
      Jaysus I'd almost forgot that... remember when we were told that ppg [and nothing else] was how we should "compare" and "measure Jürgen's progress"?

How did that end up - I can't remember ever reading the outcome? I'm guessing not too favourably or we would have heard.

Still... that was then; right?

Big fan of Bobby's; always have been and have never hidden it. In fact - Bobby being played 'out of position', under BR, was a major bugbear of mine [and of other folk but they have probably forgotten].

Boy but I'd love to see him in play around, behind and alongside a dedicated striker.

Back to a previous post... January - do you think we will even try to strengthen?

Do you agree with John Aldridge that Mane should play through the middle rather than on the wing? Would you like to see Firmino playing off of him in that kind of setup?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #151: Sep 28, 2017 06:08:20 pm
      He literally went into the Rodgers thread, gave us this anecdote about how Brendan did this that and the other last night (of course he had a friend over who just so happened to be discussing Brendan on the night of this famous victory) and then Danzel said "I don't want to get into a discussion about Rodgers" and I sh*t you not he said "me either".

It's hilarious, some might call it denial but it's somewhere far beyond that at this stage.

He's probably the biggest fisherman on here

Admit it Mick you love sh*t stirring.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #152: Sep 28, 2017 06:14:42 pm
      Wasting your time trying to reason mate.  Let's wait for the next installment of brilliant threads that wil further highlight the "I'm behind the manager but..." maybe another "on par" or "points per game" thread?

A post from earlier (not one of mine). You lads are obsessed with Rodgers......"Wasting your time trying to reason mate.  Let's wait for the next installment of brilliant threads that wil further highlight the "I'm behind the manager but..." maybe another "on par" or "points per game" thread?"

You don't mind which thread it is either, it's all over the boards on every thread. This is another classic example, the fella calls for a PPG thread, someone researches it and puts up some numbers (which I'm not 100% sure I believe) then the toys go out of the pram.

The toys went out earlier because I said I had a feeling our German manager might be tempted by managing Bayern Munich or the German national team. I never said I knew, I just said I "think" it. So much angst, if it's not Bobby Firmino it's whether or not Jürgen would go hime given the chance/choice, if it's not that it's points per game.

I didn't see the Celtic game, didn't pay any attention to it. Anderlecht are probably sh!te anyway (according to the lad on his thread they're half way down the Belgian league). I couldn't give a flying f*** whether or not they win or lose, although I must admit the amount of flak I get from people accusing me of "stroking his cock" (that was today as well) and stuff, there is part of me that hopes he/they do quite well.

Why can't you people accept that it's Ok to have a different opinion? 

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #153: Sep 28, 2017 06:17:30 pm
      He's probably the biggest fisherman on here

Admit it Mick you love sh*t stirring.

Not at all. The forum is at its best when people discuss posts and football rather than postERS. Some people rate Bobby Firmino higher than me, doesn't mean I accuse them of "stroking his cock" or them of being "a wind up merchant" or of "having an agenda". They just disagree, and it's OK!!

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #154: Sep 28, 2017 06:19:12 pm

A post from earlier (not one of mine). You lads are obsessed with Rodgers......"Wasting your time trying to reason mate.  Let's wait for the next installment of brilliant threads that wil further highlight the "I'm behind the manager but..." maybe another "on par" or "points per game" thread?"

You don't mind which thread it is either, it's all over the boards on every thread. This is another classic example, the fella calls for a PPG thread, someone researches it and puts up some numbers (which I'm not 100% sure I believe) then the toys go out of the pram.

The toys went out earlier because I said I had a feeling our German manager might be tempted by managing Bayern Munich or the German national team. I never said I knew, I just said I "think" it. So much angst, if it's not Bobby Firmino it's whether or not Jürgen would go hime given the chance/choice, if it's not that it's points per game.

I didn't see the Celtic game, didn't pay any attention to it. Anderlecht are probably sh!te anyway (according to the lad on his thread they're half way down the Belgian league). I couldn't give a flying f*** whether or not they win or lose, although I must admit the amount of flak I get from people accusing me of "stroking his cock" (that was today as well) and stuff, there is part of me that hopes he/they do quite well.

Why can't you people accept that it's Ok to have a different opinion?

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #155: Sep 28, 2017 06:22:22 pm
      Back to the Op...

Shame such threads were not open & supportive of Rafa & Kenny when they both faced being out spent in transfer windows & had to work with inferior players..

By the way both were the last to win us some silverware...

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #156: Sep 28, 2017 06:32:44 pm
      3. Transfer funds. Just in case you've missed it, the rules have now changed. The self same posters who constantly posted "Rodgers spunked 300 million the useless c***!" are now telling us that Jürgen has only spent 17 million quid. You've guessed it, NET TRANSFER SPEND IS NOW BACK IN!! (keep up everyone). Any reference to the possibility that those who said "Jürgen doesn't buy big", "develops people on the training ground" etc were perhaps talking bollocks is to be either ignored or disputed with posts which begin "What I actually said was...".

haha. The other day eurored of all people was making excuses for Klopp on the basis of a low net spend. Rodgers had about £15m net per window over his time at the club. Importantly, it took him 3 seasons to be able to sign a player for over £15m, and that was only after selling Luis Suarez. But hey, let's not get that on the way of his massive dislike for the manager.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #157: Sep 28, 2017 06:33:01 pm
      Back to the Op...

Shame such threads were not open & supportive of Rafa & Kenny when they both faced being out spent in transfer windows & had to work with inferior players..

In fairness Shabs the forums were almost totally in favour of and supportive of Rafa throughout his reign. I myself had had enough by the end, but I was in a massive minority. Kenny I think overall had support too, not as much as he deserved but support in any case. Hodgson didn't obviously, and I think most people gave Rodgers a decent go.

The point of the OP was to try and get a bit of debate going about what was actually sensible to expect this season. I've seen plenty of "a trophy and 4th place minimum" and I personally think that's very optimistic. As it is, it now looks like our only realistic chance of winning something is the FA Cup, and I think 4th will be a massive achievement. That's not because Jürgen is a sh!t manager, it's just a combination of circumstances (not getting VVD or Keita, not spending much money, other teams improving etc).

That's why I'd advocate (if he stays) giving Jürgen AT LEAST three more seasons after this one, regardless of where we finish or whether we win anything. We've been winning f*** all anyway so it's hardly like he's breaking a winning habit, and I don't see other options out there who could do much better. He's got a vision, I'd give him every chance to make it work.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,922 posts | 964 
      Reply #158: Sep 28, 2017 06:33:07 pm
      Back to the Op...

From what I can recall, there were plenty of us highlighting this back then -- we just didn't have a specific thread for it.  At least back then we were only being outspent by a few teams.  It's embarrassing when we get outspent by Everton....
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #159: Sep 28, 2017 06:40:00 pm
      Back to the Op...

How come? 99% of the forum loves Rafa and net spend was a big talking point at the time, especially as we never seemed to sign anyone for a big amount of money, it was always about signing quantity over quality, and frequently missing top targets (such as Dani Alves). Kenny was a bit different as we had our worst league finish in some 5 decades in his only full season at the club, but still the majority wanted him to stay. Oddly enough the silverware he brought us, some people say "doesn't matter" when Klopp gets knocked out of it. Obviously it mattered the world and a half whenever Rodgers lost it though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #160: Sep 28, 2017 06:47:33 pm
      In fairness Shabs the forums were almost totally in favour of and supportive of Rafa throughout his reign. I myself had had enough by the end, but I was in a massive minority. Kenny I think overall had support too, not as much as he deserved but support in any case. Hodgson didn't obviously, and I think most people gave Rodgers a decent go.

The point of the OP was to try and get a bit of debate going about what was actually sensible to expect this season. I've seen plenty of "a trophy and 4th place minimum" and I personally think that's very optimistic. As it is, it now looks like our only realistic chance of winning something is the FA Cup, and I think 4th will be a massive achievement. That's not because Jürgen is a sh!t manager, it's just a combination of circumstances (not getting VVD or Keita, not spending much money, other teams improving etc).

That's why I'd advocate (if he stays) giving Jürgen AT LEAST three more seasons after this one, regardless of where we finish or whether we win anything. We've been winning f*** all anyway so it's hardly like he's breaking a winning habit, and I don't see other options out there who could do much better. He's got a vision, I'd give him every chance to make it work.

Sorry mate but I'm expecting a trophy this season, that habit of not winning and accepting that we have won F**k all recently so we carry on with this status quo is a non starter.

We need to win silverware, Boss needs to deliver on that front, but his reluctance to look further than VVD & paying out for a player who can't help us this season may cost us.

Quick Reply