Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it.

Read 17788 times
      Decomposer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
      Re: We AREN'T going to win the league this season, it's OK, get used to it.
      Reply #184: Sep 30, 2017 12:49:48 pm
      I don't know why people have gone into meltdown, we are 5 games into the season, in the champions league, all to play for. OK we haven't shown our true form as of yet but f*ck me early days, we will start flying no doubt from me. Lets try and keep debates as debates and keep insults where they belong, in the gutter, at the end of the day we are all reds and we all want success, calm down and just enjoy having Klopp here while he is here! No second coming from him!! Also back on point, we have as much chance as any other team to win the league.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

It's early days in the season, but it's been 10 years of failure & little to no success.

And we have absolutely no chance of winning the league...who are you trying to kid, it's a fact you need to have the best defence to win the league...we have the joint worst
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #185: Sep 30, 2017 12:59:50 pm
      I don't know why people have gone into meltdown, we are 5 games into the season, in the champions league, all to play for. OK we haven't shown our true form as of yet but f*ck me early days, we will start flying no doubt from me. Lets try and keep debates as debates and keep insults where they belong, in the gutter, at the end of the day we are all reds and we all want success, calm down and just enjoy having Klopp here while he is here! No second coming from him!! Also back on point, we have as much chance as any other team to win the league.

As long as the "any other teams" you speak of don't include Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea or Spurs I agree 100%.

Decomposer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
      Reply #186: Sep 30, 2017 01:07:15 pm
      What a ray of sunshine you are. We cannot carry the baggage of the past it will weigh too heavy, this is now and we must be positive, well some of us.

Well maybe recent past has taken it's toll on some of us.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #187: Sep 30, 2017 01:09:46 pm
      What a ray of sunshine you are. We cannot carry the baggage of the past it will weigh too heavy, this is now and we must be positive, well some of us.

Mate I'm all for positivity and if you genuinely think we have a shot at the league then I'm not going to even attempt to talk you out of it.

I personally can't see it (we do though as you say at least as much chance as Leicester!).

Hopefully come the end of the season you're quoting me and laughing in my face, I'll be laughing with you.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #188: Sep 30, 2017 01:10:42 pm

Not about being positive but about being realistic
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #189: Sep 30, 2017 01:30:04 pm
      I do genuinely belive it Mick and would never do anything in your face  :D

:lmao:

Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #190: Sep 30, 2017 02:05:49 pm
      Can we once and for all stop obsessing over net spend? If we bought Aguero (after his ribs heal) for a quid and sold Moreno for ten million, are you lot going to moan about how we're almost ten million net positive for the Summer? You need to judge players on their quality and experience, not their transfer fees. Our problem isn't that we have a low net spend, our problem is that we don't buy good enough players. We lack leaders, we lack sufficient experience at winning things. That's what needs to change, not how good a salesmen our transfer gurus are.

You can't
      Like I keep saying, net spend without context is worthless, but those with an agenda love to use it because they think it "proves" something.

Most of the time it proves that the clubs who consistently finish above us spend more money on quality, coveted players than we do. Not sure what type of agenda goes with that? You can't just dismiss it surely?
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #191: Sep 30, 2017 02:07:23 pm
      Look spurs Chelsea utd city all got top forward we don't have that maybe time give Daniel run games he only top forward we got on club we need forward and two cback team just unbalance to other teams
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #192: Sep 30, 2017 02:29:38 pm

Most of the time it proves that the clubs who consistently finish above us spend more money on quality, coveted players than we do. Not sure what type of agenda goes with that? You can't just dismiss it surely?

Without context, of course I can.
      What use is net spend as any kind of indicator when city paid way over the odds for Sterling?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #193: Sep 30, 2017 03:00:26 pm
      This is my first post for a couple of months due to being in hospital and what do I find but you throwing insults at MIRO.He has far more knowledge of LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB going back to the early 1960s than you will ever know.He also happens to be one of the kindest members of this forum helping a forum member who later sh*t on him.I suggest you owe MIRO one big apology and better still delete your post.

Oh for fucks sake, the senior LFC Reds brigade helping each other and trying to make everything personal.

He accused me of "talking bullshit" the post before, but if I say I don't give a F**k about his username - and that's right, I don't - I have made a "big mistake" and "should apologise".

I referred to him as eurored because that was his username for years. He knows I was talking about him. That's enough for me.

If he's a kind fella outside this forum I wouldn't know, I do think he's a hypocrite when it comes to Brendan Rodgers and that was the point I was discussing.

Stop trying to make everything personal whenever someone disagrees with you and him. I've seen that film before.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #194: Sep 30, 2017 04:10:32 pm
      Oh for fucks sake, the senior LFC Reds brigade helping each other and trying to make everything personal.

He accused me of "talking bullshit" the post before, but if I say I don't give a F**k about his username - and that's right, I don't - I have made a "big mistake" and "should apologise".

I referred to him as eurored because that was his username for years. He knows I was talking about him. That's enough for me.

If he's a kind fella outside this forum I wouldn't know

https://youtu.be/WqSTXuJeTks
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #195: Sep 30, 2017 05:21:44 pm

He accused me of "talking bullshit" the post before, but if I say I don't give a f**k about his username - and that's right, I don't - I have made a "big mistake" and "should apologise".

If he's a kind fella outside this forum I wouldn't know, I do think he's a hypocrite when it comes to Brendan Rodgers and that was the point I was discussing.

Stop trying to make everything personal whenever someone disagrees with you and him. I've seen that film before.

Seriously lads have some respect for both them and yourself eh?

Something about treating these gents as you lads are doing is not becoming of Liverpool fans, or men in general. If I saw a young lad taking the piss out of an elder gent on the street I'd step in, so wind it in eh?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #196: Sep 30, 2017 05:29:56 pm

Something about treating these gents as you lads are doing is not becoming of Liverpool fans, or men in general. If I saw a young lad taking the piss out of an elder gent on the street I'd step in, so wind it in eh?

Well said.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #197: Sep 30, 2017 05:31:02 pm

Behave yourself mate. It's a forum on which they've give as good as they've got for a long time.

Because they're senior supporters they can give it without anybody being allowed to give it back?

It's not the street it's words written on a forum. Big difference.

Edit - if we can't have to and fro with the oldies then those arguments you have with bigmick stop now 😉
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017 05:35:07 pm by what-a-hit-son »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #198: Sep 30, 2017 05:34:18 pm
      Hope all is well after your stint in hospital @billy1.

And this
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #199: Sep 30, 2017 05:37:57 pm
      Behave yourself mate. It's a forum on which they've give as good as they've got for a long time.

Because they're senior supporters they can give it without anybody being allowed to give it back?

It's not the street it's words written on a forum. Big difference.

Nah mate it's bollocks in my opinion. I just need to imagine how my Dad would struggle using a computer to post on here let alone sharing his memories and to be treated like that, both ridiculed and lack of respect which I find disgusting. They're young lads who can bite their lip if they're pissed off or better still ignore it.

Like I said Dave, I wouldn't walk past an old fella getting ridiculed in the street, so I feel uncomfortable doing it here, maybe that's just me.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #200: Sep 30, 2017 05:39:20 pm
      Nah mate it's bollocks in my opinion. I just need to imagine how my Dad would struggle using a computer to post on here let alone sharing his memories and to be treated like that, both ridiculed and lack of respect which I find disgusting. They're young lads who can bite their lip if they're pissed off or better still ignore it.

Like I said Dave, I wouldn't walk past an old fella getting ridiculed in the street, so I feel uncomfortable doing it here, maybe that's just me.

My Dad wouldn't come on here and disrespect anybody. If he did he'd deserve it. Irrespective of how well he can use a computer.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #201: Sep 30, 2017 05:47:00 pm
      My Dad wouldn't come on here and disrespect anybody. If he did he'd deserve it. Irrespective of how well he can use a computer.

Well we're all made differently.

I think it's out of order taking the piss out of two old fellas sticking together, whether you do or not is your opinion.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #202: Sep 30, 2017 08:51:19 pm

Ahhh F**k that is so patronising man :lmao:

Sickly!
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2017 08:58:44 pm by fields of anny rd »
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #203: Sep 30, 2017 09:31:04 pm

Uh, what? Taking the piss of an elder gent?
      I was discussing a post, and a poster's opinions - which is basically what we do on an internet forum.
      The need to make everything personal by alluding to age, or the 1960s, or where they were born is not mine, but rather an old tactic of theirs. We've all seen it before.
      By the way, this elder "gent" has just called me a c**t in case you haven't noticed :D The other elder gent once said quite horrible stuff to one of the nicest people I know in this forum. No need to pretend they're precious innocent beings. But whatever. I don't care about them personally, nor their ages, I was simply discussing an opinion.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #204: Oct 01, 2017 07:37:34 am
      I refer to the 1940's 50's 60's 70's and 80's because it was a big part of my life,if you don't like reading about L.F.C. history as it happened and affected those of us who were around in those days then don't read the posts.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #205: Oct 01, 2017 08:52:23 am
      I refer to the 1940's 50's 60's 70's and 80's because it was a big part of my life,if you don't like reading about L.F.C. history as it happened and affected those of us who were around in those days then don't read the posts.

I love all that Billy and I don't know anybody in here who wouldn't. Love reading your stuff and MIRO is - whether I agree with him or not (varies) always an entertaining read.

Not going to blow smoke up your arses though, and saw nothing wrong in what Diego said to your man there.

Considering hes a young lad from Brazil he knows F***ing loads and his opinion is as valid as anybodies on here, so yeah I didn't appreciate that very much but there we go.

If I disagree with him though i'll gladly argue the toss about it with him too. No time for the cliques of the forum, just gets in the way of honest debate and  opinion IMO.
      « Last Edit: Oct 01, 2017 09:03:16 am by fields of anny rd »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #206: Oct 01, 2017 09:01:48 am
      I love all that Billy and I don't know anybody in here who wouldn't. Love reading your stuff and MIRO is - whether I agree with him or not (varies) always an entertaining read.

Not going to blow smoke up your arses though, and saw nothing wrong in what Diego said.

Thanks for that  but I think time will tell why Skip changed his forum name to MIRO.They are the initials of his 2 boys and as I say time will tell why he did it.

Quick Reply