Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Danny Ward
      12 (15.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (30.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (3.8%)
      Marko Grujić
      4 (5.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      10 (12.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (5.1%)
      Dominic Solanke
      3 (3.8%)
      Ben Woodburn
      9 (11.5%)
      Danny Ings
      2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30970 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Sep 19, 2017 10:13:53 pm
      Be honest don't even think we win next two away league games
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #461: Sep 19, 2017 10:14:36 pm
      Sorry to pull you up on just this point mate, but how did Woodburn show he isn't ready to be a starter. On that showing I'd having starting our next game ahead of Gini without a second thought. He wont because rather than being impulsive like me I suspect Jürgen will take it slowly, slowly but in terms of talent and ability at this time he was a class apart from anyone in that second half.

What did Woodburn do?

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #462: Sep 19, 2017 10:14:37 pm
      Hendo was w*nk mate, the first goal after Flanno got beat in the air and the ball is knocked across the edge of the box that is Hendo's zine to patrol as the DM

Second goal again so weak and completely out of position that Grujic was the only one who could have challenged Slimani but was on a yellow.

I'll take your word on those until I see them again mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #463: Sep 19, 2017 10:15:21 pm

Nearly scored a nice goal. Other than that, same as everybody else, square root of F**k all
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #464: Sep 19, 2017 10:19:55 pm
      Susan fcking Boyle is attractive compared to our defence.

If we're using attractiveness as a defensive trait now we could do worse than Anouk Hoogendijk from the Netherlands women team.

Please - no need to thank me.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #465: Sep 19, 2017 10:20:58 pm
      If we're using attractiveness as a defensive trait now we could do worse than Anouk Hoogendijk from the Netherlands women team.

What exactly is she thanking you for FMS? That's THE question ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #466: Sep 19, 2017 10:21:16 pm

Mate, seriously if you're saying that you weren't watching him close enough. Most of his first touches beat the man that was on him. Don't think he lost the ball once, had one shot that was very unlucky to just go over and every single thing he did was forward thinking and basically a class apart. Leicester couldn't handle him at all, if we had any other players in midfield or attack than Gini/Ox/Grujic then he'd have people to play off, as it was he was stuck with trying to do it all with Solanke and Robertson and between them they took the fight to Leicester but they can't do it on their own. In the end the passengers in the side cost us not this lad and from my perspective he played really, really well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #467: Sep 19, 2017 10:21:51 pm
      Nearly scored a nice goal. Other than that, same as everybody else, square root of f**k all

Indeed.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #468: Sep 19, 2017 10:22:48 pm

Ray of sunshine in these depressing times.. What other tricks you have up your sleeve to lift my spirits up, FMS?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #469: Sep 19, 2017 10:24:08 pm
      Ray of sunshine in these depressing times.. What other tricks you have up your sleeve to lift my spirits up, FMS?

You do know that pic isn't FMS right?!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #470: Sep 19, 2017 10:25:18 pm

No, no Sky, no BT, not really a pub goer. Watched it tonight for the 1st time in ages.

Support the club, yes, but I don't go out of my way as there is no passion.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #471: Sep 19, 2017 10:26:25 pm
      Mate, seriously if you're saying that you weren't watching him close enough. Most of his first touches beat the man that was on him. Don't think he lost the ball once, had one shot that was very unlucky to just go over and every single thing he did was forward thinking and basically a class apart. Leicester couldn't handle him at all, if we had any other players in midfield or attack than Gini/Ox/Grujic then he'd have people to play off, as it was he was stuck with trying to do it all with Solanke and Robertson and between them they took the fight to Leicester but they can't do it on their own. In the end the passengers in the side cost us not this lad and from my perspective he played really, really well.

No mate he was just like the rest of them ineffective and it was even more apparent because he replaced Coutinho, who despite not being at his best gave a football lesson in controlling a midfield.

Obviously I'm not blaming Woodburn or comparing him to Coutinho as he's a youngster and still learning his trade, yeah he had some nice touches but so did Solanke and it all counted for nothing.

LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #472: Sep 19, 2017 10:26:26 pm
      To be honest Luke I thought Hendo was complete w*nk.

He was, I mean your captain is playing with a bunch of kids and against a severely weakened Leicester team.

These are the sort of games where a captain would normally boss everything.

But no he is just utter gash. So F***ing negative on the ball, it's painful to watch.

Says it all when Klavan looks more adventurous with his passing.

He's public enemy number 2 behind Mignolet for me. I hope Keita comes in and takes his place straight away.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #473: Sep 19, 2017 10:27:06 pm

Now chasing after her all Summer I can understand!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #474: Sep 19, 2017 10:29:13 pm
      Klopp turn in Brenden Rogers if results don't pick up fans will turn on klopp it only matter time before he sack
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Re: LIVE: Leicester v Liverpool (League Cup R3)
      Reply #475: Sep 19, 2017 10:30:01 pm
      Get that people are annoyed and that but this is Oxlade-Chamberlain's first start for fucks sake.

Not great tonight but let's give it a bit of time before we write him off completely eh.
      Completely agree, yes he was appalling like the rest of them, but first start in a shambolic team, he isn't the main issue, the whole defence is, along with the likes of Hendo who has had more bad games than good for LFC
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #476: Sep 19, 2017 10:31:05 pm

Sadly, even as a member of the opposite sex I jut don't quite match her standards in the looks or footballing ability department. That said, I could play for England on my traits.

Now chasing after her all Summer I can understand!

Imagine if it was a film starring Michael Edwards? It would be a romcom/farce that would end in disaster.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017 10:38:10 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #477: Sep 19, 2017 10:34:00 pm
      No mate he was just like the rest of them ineffective and it was even more apparent because he replaced Coutinho, who despite not being at his best gave a football lesson in controlling a midfield.

Obviously I'm not blaming Woodburn or comparing him to Coutinho as he's a youngster and still learning his trade, yeah he had some nice touches but so did Solanke and it all counted for nothing.

Nah, not having that, he wasn't ineffective. He broke lines, beat players many times and had some brilliant link up play with Solanke. Put that display into a side functioning how we were in the first half and we'd have scored goals imo. Put it this way I thought he played better in his half of the game than Coutinho did in his.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #478: Sep 19, 2017 10:34:05 pm
      I think sometimes we are too harsh on the defence, both of those goals tonight was down to the poor positioning and switching off from our DM and Captain.
      Imagine if Moreno had done that, I'm not going to be too harsh because as I have said before it's not his fault as he is not a DM. Down to Klopp

In fact you can probably go back to many of the goals we have conceded it's because usually the second ball or knock is exactly where the DM mops up, or stops the attack before its onto the back 4.

Thank God. Someone speaking sense.

Just looked at the replays of both goals:

That first goal is 90% down to Gomez. He plays the offside trap like every other LFC player was doing, we wouldn't even be speaking of it. Everyone then has to rush back into position, Klavan hurries back, is in no position to win that header (How could he even be?) and Henderson is no where to be seen for the knock down, harsh on him maybe, but still. Robertson perhaps a little too late, but same reason as everyone else, he was getting into position, so no blame on Andy there.

If you actually look at our shape there. Imagine Gomez being where he should be, you'd have the perfect triangle of our two CB's with the #6 in front of them.

I found our DM jumping around the box (should look at the replay, funny as f**k.):

Second goal:

Throw in, Robertson challenges for the header and loses. Klavan is defending on Slimani, doing what he should be doing.  Robertson reacts too slow and Okazaki runs off him (top of the picture). Slimani turns Klavan (he gets beaten too easily there) and runs past. Okazaki plays it to Slimani. Grujic has a chance to stop the attack by making a little foul that will most likely never be a second yellow. Think Gomez drops a little too deep there and maybe should have stepped out to make the foul there himself. Also possible.

Possibly Grujic's responsability in that area though after Henderson was positioned as the left midfielder there.
      « Last Edit: Sep 19, 2017 11:37:51 pm by Danzel »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #479: Sep 19, 2017 10:34:05 pm
      sh*te, that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #480: Sep 19, 2017 10:36:28 pm
      Quite literally a game of two halves, we do well without scoring and pretty much controlling the game first half, take off Coutinho and then we get that in the second half.

Ward, Robertson and Solanke impressed, Flanno sad to say is finished and needs binning, Hendo is never a Liverpool captain and I wish we'd of spent £40 million on a centre-back.

Hopefully the first team get the three points on Saturday and get a little bit of revenge, but I'm not feeling optimistic.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,979 posts | 238 
      Reply #481: Sep 19, 2017 10:36:59 pm

Of course, Scotia.

Anyway back to reality.. What a shitty couple of weeks.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #482: Sep 19, 2017 10:38:22 pm
      Of course, Scotia.

Anyway back to reality.. What a shitty couple of weeks.

And some. Back to it Saturday.

Quick Reply