Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Danny Ward
      12 (15.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (30.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (3.8%)
      Marko Grujić
      4 (5.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      10 (12.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (5.1%)
      Dominic Solanke
      3 (3.8%)
      Ben Woodburn
      9 (11.5%)
      Danny Ings
      2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30877 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Sep 19, 2017 10:39:13 pm
      Nah, not having that, he wasn't ineffective. He broke lines, beat players many times and had some brilliant link up play with Solanke. Put that display into a side functioning how we were in the first half and we'd have scored goals imo. Put it this way I thought he played better in his half of the game than Coutinho did in his.

Really, we were completely blunt in that second half after Coutinho went off.

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 914 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #484: Sep 19, 2017 10:40:19 pm
      Nice to see Ward coming right to the edge of his box to hold a high ball the only one of our keepers to do so
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #485: Sep 19, 2017 10:46:37 pm
      Having a pop at Flanno...give him a break, hardly played with this defense, has had very little game time, may be his time here is almost up but I'm not going to call him.

Second half we more or less waited for it to happen. Nobody really took it on after Coutinho was stood down. Hendo...sooner or later he has got to show he can make it happen. Workmanlike is just not good enough.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #486: Sep 19, 2017 10:47:17 pm
      Really, we were completely blunt in that second half after Coutinho went off.

Yep. If you removed every other player and just watched their individual contributions I thought Woodburn was excellent, whereas I thought Coutinho started really poor, in fact 2 of his passes early on led to both of Leicester's best chances on the break. He also skied a free-kick he should do better with and had one decent run into the box which almost got him a goal. Don't get me wrong he also did a lot of other things well in the first half, especially as it wore on. However I'd comfortably bet that Woodburn lost less of the ball, beat more players, gained entry to their box more often and came closer with his shot than Cou did.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #487: Sep 19, 2017 10:47:56 pm
      Nice to see Ward coming right to the edge of his box to hold a high ball the only one of our keepers to do so

Yeah, did himself no harm there, shame he might not get many other chances because I want to see more games from him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,092 posts | 8521 
      Reply #488: Sep 19, 2017 10:50:10 pm
      Having a pop at Flanno...give him a break, hardly played with this defense, has had very little game time, may be his time here is almost up but I'm not going to call him.

I'm not having a pop at Flanno, defended him loads on here, but watch him tonight get skinned by Gray, he's finished as a Liverpool player, a few on here have said it before and I've argued against it, tonight pretty much nailed it though. Sad to say, but it's the F***ing truth.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,092 posts | 8521 
      Reply #489: Sep 19, 2017 10:51:18 pm
      Yeah, did himself no harm there, shame he might not get many other chances because I want to see more games from him.

He looks a lot more comfortable taking the ball than Mignolet ever has. Probably have to wait until the FA Cup to see Ward again!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #490: Sep 19, 2017 10:51:20 pm
      Pre match I messaged my lad and said I wasn't confident about tonight. Thought our defence was there for the taking with Vardys pace.
      That was before it was clear Vardy wouldn't play.
      To disintegrate to that shower of sh*t second string was even worse.
      As for the subs, what the F**k is klopp thinking, taking off the best player we had, and leaving Grujic and ox on ?
      I'm not feeling the vibes for Jürgen that i was when he started. I'm even beginning to think his man managment abilities have gone to his head and he seriously thinks he can make a decent defence out of the sh*te we've got !
      If he can't see the continual cock ups, and keeps putting it down to
      ' not the best moment ' I'm beginning to think he's not all he's cracked up to be.
      Love the fella for his energy and enthusiasm, but beginning to question his f**king sanity now !
      I was slowly coming round to Hendo being better than I first thought, but after occasional decent performances, my original thought was clearly the correct one. He's just ordinary, and never even close to the standard we need to lead our team.
      There has to be changes in the middle of the park, and at the back, and I'm afraid if Klopp doesn't address these problems, our season will be over in about 4 weeks time!
      We are currently a total shambles as a structured side and our better players will all be looking to leave next summer at this rate. But not to worry eh ! We've got Ox 😳
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #491: Sep 19, 2017 10:55:40 pm
      He looks a lot more comfortable taking the ball than Mignolet ever has. Probably have to wait until the FA Cup to see Ward again!

Looked good but he'd have to pull up trees to first choice. Certainly knows how to put his foot thru it when needed.

Says something when we are calling for a keeper, who is reasonable competent, to get a run in the side.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,092 posts | 8521 
      Reply #492: Sep 19, 2017 10:57:31 pm
      Looked good but he'd have to pull up trees to first choice. Certainly knows how to put his foot thru it when needed.

Says something when we are calling for a keeper, who is reasonable competent, to get a run in the side.

Probably agree with that, but then again we've seen Mignolet make the same mistakes, time after time after time etc
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #493: Sep 19, 2017 10:58:14 pm
      Don't know about anyone else but for the first time in donkeys I felt at ease with our goalie? Think also klopp made a mistake taking Phil off,fell to bits second half
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #494: Sep 19, 2017 11:02:44 pm
      Its clear Coutinho was on just to get his fitness levels up. He definitely wouldn't expect to be in the League Cup squad. Looks like the plan was to stand him down after 45 mins.

But we should of still had enough to deal with Leicester's second string. But nobody stepped up to the plate.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #495: Sep 19, 2017 11:04:40 pm
      Don't know about anyone else but for the first time in donkeys I felt at ease with our goalie? Think also klopp made a mistake taking Phil off,fell to bits second half

I was happy with Ward too mate.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #496: Sep 19, 2017 11:11:18 pm
      The Ox looks a little bit kind of shell shocked. Doesn't look confident. Had a touch of arrogance at Arsenal..I mean he was never a world beater but here he knows he's got a battle on his hands to prove his worth. Not going to be easy for the lad, he's not deaf..he can hear the jibes. Can we offer him any support.

Hardly, he probably get in a week what takes lads on the Kop 2/3 years to earn. Sympathy..nah.

Going to have to get used to life on the bench me thinks.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #497: Sep 19, 2017 11:16:23 pm
      We are getting worse by the game, in that second half we were playing like strangers, it was complete crap and Klopp did absolutely nothing to change things around, just Sat on his arse looking fu**ed off like us fans.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,139 posts | 1084 
      Reply #498: Sep 19, 2017 11:20:31 pm
      Gave my MoTM to Robo. I thought he defended fairly well and neither goal was on him IMO. Outside of the Burnley game (when Phil didn't realize he was there) he comes on and just creates chances. Unfortunately for him we have crapped the bed on his crosses so far in the two games. Still, if there is some hope to be taken from tonight's game its that perhaps we don't have to ride or die with Moreno for much longer. Amen to that!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #499: Sep 20, 2017 12:07:43 am
      So woke up saw the scoreline so don't know what happened but will give it an educated guess.

We dominated possession over 60%

We had numerous chances on goals that were either saved or were sh*t shots

They had 2 shots on goal and scored both

Our Midfield and Defence were sh*t

Am I close?

For fucks sake, another chance at any sort of silverware gone out the F***ing door.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #500: Sep 20, 2017 12:18:13 am
      Just looking at that lineup  :lmao:

Madness.

So we gave Leicester a 'bye' and decided to cut down on the number of games for the season.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #501: Sep 20, 2017 12:25:17 am
      So woke up saw the scoreline so don't know what happened but will give it an educated guess.

Am I close?

For fucks sake, another chance at any sort of silverware gone out the F***ing door.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

VERY close.  :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have no word and will drown my sorrow quietly.  :(
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #502: Sep 20, 2017 12:38:47 am

Am I close?

For fucks sake, another chance at any sort of silverware gone out the f**king door.

Predictable aren't we?
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #503: Sep 20, 2017 01:12:42 am
      For all these chances were apparently creating

How many 1 on 1s have we fashioned recently?

How many non routine shots has the keeper had to save?

How many of these shots r from outside of the box?

It’s laughable
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #504: Sep 20, 2017 02:32:48 am
      Overall not too disappointing being out of the cup, we have bigger fish to fry and still don't have a big enough squad to compete in 4 competitions. Before the game I would have still thought the line up had enough to get through, so frustrated with the performance - our midfield is a calamity.

- Ward - Had a good game even if he conceded 2 goals. He didn't stand a chance with either of them. (7/10)

- Flanagan - Got beat a couple of times in the second half and still hopeless once gets anywhere near the opposition box, but overall put in a good shift, and was one of our better players throughout the 90 minutes. (7/10)
      - Gomez - Didn't stand out, but didn't do too badly either. I don't even blame the CB's for the first goal, the whole team just ran out of the box aimlessly - their all culpable. (6/10)
      - Klavan - More rememberable than Gomez. (6.5/10)
      - Roberson - Cracking first half, whipping balls in early. Kept getting sucked inside in the second half and didn't want to take anyone on when there was no space behind. Game of two halves. (7/10)

- Henderson - Abysmal performance, slow and he didn't track back or cover any spaces in front of the defense. Worst player on the pitch by a country mile. (2/10)
      - Gruijic - Really fucks me off. He obviously has a load of talent; big lad, nice touch and good headerer of the ball. He constantly makes the wrong decisions though. Gets booked every game for needless fouls, and needs to stop shooting from 30+ yards. Gruijic/Henderson doesn't work. (4/10)
      - Wjnaldum - My MOTM. Best midfield performance, especially striding forward in the first half. He initiated a lot of our positive play. Hope the knock isn't too serious. (7/10)
      - Woodburn -  Definitely a talent. Didn't light the game up though as was quite isolated with no pace / movement around him (7/10)
      - Chamberlain - Still not won over and don't think this will work out. Hope I'm proved wrong. Missed our best chance of the game to score. Looked better deep in the middle towards the end of the game. (5/10)
      - Coutinho - A step above the rest of the pitch. Got out done by Slimani today though. (8/10)

Ings - Didn't really get a look in (n/a)
      Solanke - Should have at least forced the keeper to save something with all those deliveries into the box. Worked hard. Would benefit with a partner for second balls; Juergen was slow to react. again. (7/10)

PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,520 posts | 713 
      Reply #505: Sep 20, 2017 03:52:11 am
      Would VVD really make that much of a difference? Maybe its worth going a cheaper route and getting a more experienced leader

Quick Reply