Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Danny Ward
      12 (15.4%)
      Jon Flanagan
      1 (1.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (2.6%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      24 (30.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (3.8%)
      Marko Grujić
      4 (5.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      10 (12.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (5.1%)
      Dominic Solanke
      3 (3.8%)
      Ben Woodburn
      9 (11.5%)
      Danny Ings
      2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: Sep 23, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30840 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Leicester City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Sep 19, 2017 09:47:20 pm
      _________ is the root of all evil.

I would put Henderson in this sentence.
      _________ is the root of all evil.

I would put Klavan in this sentence.

And do not argue against it please! Thanks  :mad:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: LIVE: Leicester v Liverpool (League Cup R3)
      Reply #415: Sep 19, 2017 09:47:30 pm
      "We played well... and didn't deserve that." Hmm...

Maybe the Football League will let us back in if we explain that to them?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #416: Sep 19, 2017 09:48:17 pm
      Why can't we defend?

We have played 7 games this season and conceded 12 already.

It's so F***ing frustrating. I'm so F***ing bored of it. But what can we do? Would another manager do better? No chance.

It's just going to be this way forever it seems
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #417: Sep 19, 2017 09:48:22 pm
      I know they didn't have Vardy and like us rested some players too, but I just thought our squad was better than theirs. I don't know why I thought this as our defense is SOOOO bad. I mean its ALMOST laughable how bad this has gotten. However........ No Mane, no Bobby, no Salah, and no Can. We need something to go right for us Saturday and its up to those players to make it happen.

I know its fresh and in my min,d but keep Woodburn on the first team. He has something special about him. He has been showing it on multiple levels for sometime now.

Looking at that you'd almost think we sold two prominent defenders and failed to get a new one in based on that performance! But who would be that stupid?
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #418: Sep 19, 2017 09:48:31 pm
      Well, 2-0 defeat to a rubbish Leicester side.
      WHAT a difference in the 2nd half.
      Anyone wondering if Cou has an effect on a game, or what life withouth quality will be like, watch this 90 mins.
      Totally dominant in the first half.
      Cou goes off.
      Totally sh*te in the 2nd half.
      Totally.
      Will give the defense the night off.
      Some of the guys who should be pushing for places:
      - Solanke - decent 1st half, nowhere in 2nd, tho had nothing to work off
      - Grujic - looked like a slow lump loafing round the park, giving short hospital passes and fouls away
      - Ox - should be ashamed, and absolute embarrassment, bringing Arsenal to LFC, want to slap the guy round the head.

Jürgen - well, it's a results business, and it would be an underestimate to say that was a pathetic 2nd half capitulation

Cant argue with any of that another woeful second half akin to Sevilla. Not sure what to say really just deflated and what it highlights more than ever is a weakness in reserve bar Woidburn and Ward
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #419: Sep 19, 2017 09:49:31 pm
      Robertson did well down that left hand side so he gets a 7...the rest..6,5's and the one 4...Klavan.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,529 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #420: Sep 19, 2017 09:50:10 pm
      Looking at that you'd almost think we sold two prominent defenders and failed to get a new one in based on that performance! But who would be that stupid?
      2 defenders?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #421: Sep 19, 2017 09:50:42 pm
      Robertson did well down that left hand side so he gets a 7...the rest..6,5's and the one 4...Klavan.

Henderson 4, Ox 2, Flanno 2, Klavan 3, Gomez 4, Gujic 2

It was that bad
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #422: Sep 19, 2017 09:50:46 pm
      Pitiful. There appeared to me to be a huge gulf in the quality of the two teams (at least the first half) yet we can't seem to make it count. And then we are undone by yet another series of concentration breakdowns. We seem cursed, we really do.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 713 
      Reply #423: Sep 19, 2017 09:51:13 pm
      THANK GOD WE ARE OUT OF THAT POINTLESS CUP! HA
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #424: Sep 19, 2017 09:51:14 pm
      Introducing Alex Oxlade Chamberlain the Internet New Punch Bag of Liverpool Football Club!

Get used to it Alex, one game in and half of em have turned already. Good luck ya gonna need it lad.
      rossyred

• 9,242 posts | 1652 
      Reply #425: Sep 19, 2017 09:51:34 pm
      OKazaki Managed to miscontrol that ball in the 18 yd box and still managed to get a shot away shambolic defending yet again
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #426: Sep 19, 2017 09:52:11 pm
      Henderson 4, Ox 2, Flanno 2, Klavan 3, Gomez 4, Gujic 2

It was that bad

Ox 2 ?  you must have given him one for the colorful boots!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #427: Sep 19, 2017 09:52:17 pm
      Since the League Cup is a disgrace anyway our loss doesn't hurt (me). But again: I don't like Klopp's way of playing football. IMO we don't have the talent to play like we play. We have the talent to play like the sides of Leicester, Burnley & Co.: let your opponent pressure you, defend deep (= opponent stands high) and therefore be dangerous after gettin the ball to counter attack. It's so pathetic to see us passing the ball over and over and over again for too little impact overall, because we don't have the talent to unlock a packed box.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #428: Sep 19, 2017 09:52:26 pm
      Not as bad a performance as people will try to tell you, but the problem was we had a few passengers we couldn't continue to carry.

Ward: Nothing he could do with a deflected goal and a wonder strike. Other than that I thought he did very well indeed, some great claims, one in particular amazing one and superb distribution. 6

Robertson: Did well, great crosses and what defending he had to do was done reasonably well. Didn't think he was really at fault for either of their goals and did his chances of first team footy no harm. 7

Klavan: Shame, had a good first half but was at fault for both their goals. Didn't get back in and do his job properly on the first and decided to wrestle rather than defend on the second. 5

Gomez: Gutted for him because he played superb in that first half, was a contender for MotM in that first half to be honest but has to take the lion's share of the blame for the first goal due to poor offside positioning and can't let his man just run past him and shoot so easily. Showed he has bags of pace early on with a closing down of their keeper, use the same pace to recover lad. 5

Flanno: All heart, no quality unfortunately. Actually felt sorry for him while watching him. 5

Henderson: Thought he was superb in the first half and still decent in the second but don't think he had any help from the 4 around him (Gini/Grujic completley and Klavan/Gomez 2nd half). 7.5

Grujic: Shocking, contender for worst player on the pitch but lucky for him we had someone even worse. No idea how he stayed on the pitch, Jürgen appears to have got this one wrong judging him on this alone. Shame as he's looked so much better in friendlies but when it comes to competitive footy this was diabolical. 3

Gini: Slowed us down far too often in that first half, we had overlaps all over the place and it even resulted in Jürgen screaming at him at one point because you've got to keep the tempo in the game when you're dominating not take it out of it every single time as he was. Thought it was a poor showing from him. 5

Coutinho: Started sh*te, got better and better as the half went on, but was only on for a half and should have done better with a couple of his chances. 5

AOC: One of the single worst displays I've ever seen from a player, it was as if he was wearing someone else's legs let alone socks. Absolutely couldn't pass a ball, shoot a ball, cross a ball, take a corner, surprised he managed to walk off in the right direction. 2

Solanke: Love him, should have scored though and has to be more clinical but the lad is quality, real future ahead of him but these are the games you have to dominate Dom because you've now done yourself out of a few more chances this season. 7

Woodburn: Awesome, looked a class apart when he came on and if he'd been on the whole game like that he'd have walked the MotM vote. 7

Ings: Thought he looked sharper than I expected him to but wasn't really given that long to make an impression.

Klopp: Will be gutted and hasn't got what he deserved but in truth I thought he left Grujic and AOC on for far too long (well never took them off), to me that was a sign that he wasn't really that interested in this competition because even a blind man could see how poor they were playing so he preferred to give them minutes than give us a boost. Will take it in the neck for that and deservedly so, don't think you should chuck the towel in on a cup competition so to speak at the expense of such small rewards but it is what it is. Could have easily been 3 or 4 up in that first half though and none of that would have been considered.

Shame, the doom mongers will be all over it, but as I said at the top it was nowhere near as bad as you'll be told.

With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,277 posts | 183 
      Reply #429: Sep 19, 2017 09:52:29 pm
      I really don't think Can deserves to be mentioned amongst those lights!

I prefer him to Wijnaldum, he's a step above the post injury Henderson. Think he might have made a difference tonight. Up there with the shining stars should be Lallana, wonder if he will be available before Christmas.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #430: Sep 19, 2017 09:52:33 pm
      Gave my MotM to Danny Ings because it was nice to see him back on a football pitch
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #431: Sep 19, 2017 09:53:03 pm
      Yes The Ox is getting some stick. He's willing enough but at Arsenal you could see he lacked that little bit of extra quality. Gawd knows why Klopp and the rest couldn't see it.

But what do we do with him now..
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #432: Sep 19, 2017 09:53:12 pm
      What pisses me off the most about the VVD debacle over the summer is the fact we should have been after two F***ing experienced CB! So regardless of the VVD situation we should have been after another CB anyway. Besides Matip, who else do we have that is even close to PL standard??
      This might have been the shittiest Liverpool defense I've ever seen in the past 20 years.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #433: Sep 19, 2017 09:53:26 pm
      Introducing Alex Oxlade Chamberlain the Internet New Punch Bag of Liverpool Football Club!

Get used to it Alex, one game in and half of em have turned already. Good luck ya gonna need it lad.
      to be fair, i didn't wait for one game in.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #434: Sep 19, 2017 09:53:28 pm
      Too bad we won't be able to correct our summer window mistakes, as we've all been told last year that January is a very difficult time of the year for signing players. Although we've been reassured it was NEVER about money, we simply could not get Pulisic, Brandt and others then because clubs wouldn't sell mid-season. It's a shame we still couldn't get them in the summer either, but the excuses are all ready. I will not hold my breath.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #435: Sep 19, 2017 09:54:03 pm

Nah, he's just sh*te and I've been saying that for ages, nothing about having him as a punch bag. That tonight was his level IMO.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #436: Sep 19, 2017 09:54:21 pm

I prefer him to Wijnaldum, he's a step above the post injury Henderson. Think he might have made a difference tonight. Up there with the shining stars should be Lallana, wonder if he will be available before Christmas.

Oh god our midfield is HIDEOUS!!!!

Quick Reply