Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Luckiest Players In Our History

Read 2966 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,037 posts | 2091 
      Re: Luckiest Players In Our History
      Reply #46: Sep 11, 2023 09:52:56 pm
      Not really, what cost us wad simply converting chances in the early parts of the 2008/2009 season, the missing link wasn't another striker it was the link between attack and midfield which David Silva would have filled had Rafa not had the rug pulled from under his feet.

Might have helped to have a half decent striker that wasn't David N'Gog though wouldn't it?? I remember a 0-0 early on that season against Villa when N'Gog replaced Torres after half an hour.

F***ing useless and cost us two points.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,209 posts | 1213 
      Reply #47: Sep 11, 2023 09:53:32 pm
      Basically anyone who has won any major trophy with us (or come close) who wasn't a particularly key player, or who in different circumstances could easily have passed as a regular at Aston Villa without doing anything of note. I think you could make a case for more than half of the team that won in Istanbul which shows how remarkable that achievement was. Had me photo with Milan Baros at a service station on the M6 once  -- he'd pulled over in his sports car to get a KFC. I'd say he's pretty lucky.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,037 posts | 2091 
      Reply #48: Sep 11, 2023 11:09:58 pm
      Jan Kromkamp is prime material for this thread I think.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #49: Sep 12, 2023 04:20:46 pm
      Might have helped to have a half decent striker that wasn't David N'Gog though wouldn't it?? I remember a 0-0 early on that season against Villa when N'Gog replaced Torres after half an hour.

F***ing useless and cost us two points.

Bagged a beauty to win the game against the mancs followed by a boss celebration with Pepe Reina down the kop end , so again swings and roundabouts.

N'Gog tried, may not have been the world's greatest but the lad gave more than cu*ts like Diouf or Balotelli ever did and a few others that will come to mind.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #50: Sep 12, 2023 04:51:12 pm
      Julian Dicks was lucky to ever pull on a red shirt.

Think I can better that Si and say Sean Dundee, he was lucky to get to smell the lineament in the corridor never mind wear our shirt, now I don’t know if his boots were worn on the wrong feet, or his feet were on the wrong legs ?? he certainly played as though they were that’s for sure, and goes down as one of the worst players in our history !!

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #51: Sep 12, 2023 06:04:11 pm
      Everyone who gets to be a part of the best club in the world is considered lucky.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,253 posts | 751 
      Reply #52: Sep 12, 2023 06:24:58 pm
      Everyone who gets to be a part of the best club in the world is considered lucky.
      ..Including us!

Quick Reply